Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm really sorry for the child and the family, but fuck that rapist.
    As far as I know he never admitted to that and he wasn’t convicted. But maybe you were there? Also saying you feel sorry for his kids just before you call their dad a rapist 7 hours after he died rings a little hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    As far as I know he never admitted to that and he wasn’t convicted. But maybe you were there? Also saying you feel sorry for his kids just before you call their dad a rapist 7 hours after he died rings a little hollow.
    I had a friend who worked on the prosecution team, and I have a lot of knowledge about the case. OJ was never convicted either, doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Dude was a rapist, and I'm not going celebrate his life.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I had a friend who worked on the prosecution team, and I have a lot of knowledge about the case. OJ was never convicted either, doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Dude was a rapist, and I'm not going celebrate his life.
    I recall you went into more detail once upon a time. Don’t remember if it was on TGR or Facebook, but, yeah... didn’t sound great.

Regardless, those girls dying is just awful.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Regardless, those girls dying is just awful.
    Totally agree.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

but fuck that rapist.
    2 wrongs do make a right
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    2 wrongs do make a right
    Ray Lewis + OJ Simpson?

Lillard first in NBA history to have at least 6 threes in six straight games. Dame is playing out if his mind right now.

If Nurc and Collins come back healthy, I'd expect them to land somewhere in the 6-8 seed. Those two with the addition of Melo and Ariza is a respectable rotation.

I'm in Vegas right now and loved that Lillard performance. Came into town that evening and my buddy and I are at the sports book and it's a big Kobe fest in there, and as the tribute is going on it occurs to me that all of these people have money on the Lakers. Quickly check the line and see they were favored by -13 (!!) points. Never mix emotion and gambling... we quickly grabbed whatever money we had in our wallets and ran up to the counter and put it all on Portland +13. Got the bet in maybe 1 minute before tip-off. Haha, that worked out and a great way to start a Vegas weekend. Thanks Dame.

Lillard is a bad ass! I think a 6-8 seed if Lillard stays healthy is completely reasonable. I hate it when the Jazz go on their little mental slides. They aren’t talented enough to take games off on defense

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Lillard is a bad ass! I think a 6-8 seed if Lillard stays healthy is completely reasonable. I hate it when the Jazz go on their little mental slides. They aren’t talented enough to take games off on defense

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So then they become cannon fodder for the lakers/clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    So then they become cannon fodder for the lakers/clippers?
    Couldn't remember your DSM alias login?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Couldn't remember your DSM alias login?
    They beat the Lakers at Staples three nights ago without Melo, Nurc, Hood or Collins (three starters). I'm sure everyone was grieving and all that but...
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Portland is capable of beating anyone on any given night with the way Lillard and CJ can go off. It is, however, much harder to do that 4 times out of 7. Not that I wouldn't be cheering for them over LA - I'm a big fan of PDX / Lillard in general.

Portland is capable of beating anyone on any given night with the way Lillard and CJ can go off. It is, however, much harder to do that 4 times out of 7. Not that I wouldn't be cheering for them over LA - I'm a big fan of PDX / Lillard in general.
    The last couple of years I have written off the Blazers or expected them to slip. I'm not falling for it now. They can beat anyone, I agree. I wouldn't want to face Lillard in the playoffs.

Definitely a valid point and I felt that way going into the playoffs last year---I didn't expect them to take both OKC and Denver.

The thing is, our roster is arguably stronger on paper this year and I think they're just now starting to figure it out. Lillard is playing on another plane right now but even he couldn't do that if they didn't have other threats to keep opposing defenders occupied. Maybe it's my bubble, but I feel like people are sleeping on Whiteside. That dude has been putting up downright monster numbers all season. Yes, he's one dimensional on both ends of the floor but in the end, he basically owns the post as a garbage man, rebounder and rim protector. He's having one of the best seasons of his career and seems very stoked on the team, as he just bought a house in PDX.

It'll be very interesting to see how they rotate him and Nurc when he comes back. Whiteside is twice the defender and Nurc is twice the offense. Hood is okay--nothing spectacular there but having Collins back is material on defense. When he and Whiteside were playing together it pretty much shut down the rim--if we can do that now with Ariza on the wing, it becomes a bit more effective. And Melo has been playing his trademark ball--arguably better on offense than people expected and a wet piece of shit wipe on defense. But he's playing hard and definitely happy, so that's cool--I credit Dame for that more than Stotts. It's undoubtedly Dame's team and Melo knows he's just a cog.

Dame
    CJ
    Whiteside
    Collins
    Ariza
    Melo
    Hood
    Nurc
    +scrubs
    = a pretty solid roster if they can all get healthy.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

^^ Agreed. No 1 or 2 seed would want to have to play them in the first round, that's for sure.

I would not hinge any hopes on Nurc/Whiteside coexisting

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    +scrubs
    I'm enjoying the development of GT Jr. The kid can play and his stats are on the rise. If he can keep the 3s going down it's going to allow the offense to keep rolling when the bench is in, something they have had trouble with in the past. Allowing Dame and CJ to take longer breaks would be a good thing as the season progresses. If Nurc and Collins make it back to their normal game I think they make it back to the WCF.

Can't say anything more about Dame that hasn't been said. Glad to have a guy like this as the face of the team. A true pro. If there are 24 seconds left in the game, down by 1, I wouldn't take anyone else in the league over Lillard to manage the situation.

^^ Agreed. No 1 or 2 seed would want to have to play them in the first round, that's for sure.
    They still have to make the playoffs and that's not a given. Blazers have been pretty bad at defense this year. I like Dame and CJ, but I'd bet they miss the playoffs. Lots of good teams sitting on the cusp of the playoffs in the West..... Really the #7 through #14 teams in the west are all pretty solid and fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I would not hinge any hopes on Nurc/Whiteside coexisting
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I'm enjoying the development of GT Jr. The kid can play and his stats are on the rise. If he can keep the 3s going down it's going to allow the offense to keep rolling when the bench is in, something they have had trouble with in the past. Allowing Dame and CJ to take longer breaks would be a good thing as the season progresses. If Nurc and Collins make it back to their normal game I think they make it back to the WCF.

Can't say anything more about Dame that hasn't been said. Glad to have a guy like this as the face of the team. A true pro. If there are 24 seconds left in the game, down by 1, I wouldn't take anyone else in the league over Lillard to manage the situation.
    For sure. And Ant seems to show flashes of craziness but he needs to mature.

Nugz crushing Zers at half

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Nugz crushing Zers at half
    Yeah, I'll sit back down now.

Capela traded, big 4 team trade (Rockets, Nugs, Hawks, TWolves). Like that the Nugs finally got rid of some of their depth and got a future asset.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yeah, I'll sit back down now.
    Come on over and sit on the Group W bench.