Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Big game thurs... sixers-celts.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Vince Carter, who turns 43 next month, scored 17pts/20min in a 122-107 Hawks win over the Hornets last night.
    To be fair, he was preserving his knees those years in Toronto when he wasn't trying. So in basketball years he's more like 38. ;-)

By that same measure, LeBron is like 45.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    To be fair, he was preserving his knees those years in Toronto when he wasn't trying. So in basketball years he's more like 38. ;-)

By that same measure, LeBron is like 45.
    Have you watched LeBron play the last few years??? He doesn't try very hard if he doesn't want to. He only wants to when it's an individual play that benefits him. He's not a team player. I'd like him more if he had worked harder and actually played all of the minutes he was on the floor. He's more like 30 in basketball years. :P

I agree with you but have to acknowledge that going to 8 straight finals is like playing an extra season and a half, maybe 2 given playoff intensity.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I agree with you but have to acknowledge that going to 8 straight finals is like playing an extra season and a half, maybe 2 given playoff intensity.
    I'll give you that. It is an accomplishment and punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes!
    Word!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

C's and Sixers are so damn different. Season series should be fascinating, with coaches doing plenty of experimenting with lineups/ matchups.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Have you watched LeBron play the last few years??? He doesn't try very hard if he doesn't want to. He only wants to when it's an individual play that benefits him. He's not a team player. I'd like him more if he had worked harder and actually played all of the minutes he was on the floor. He's more like 30 in basketball years. :P
    I disagree. He may take plays off here and there, but he has taken a bunch of garbage teams to the finals. LeBron can straight take over a game when he feels like it seems and some of those finals runs seems like he was the only player in a Cavs uniform actually playing. Even this year the lakers are now a favorite in the west when most had them finishing in the middle of the pack at the start of the season. Plus he said he refuses to take games off like other stars in the league.

Just the fact that he went to 8 straight finals disproves your theory.

He's playing possessed this year too.

Nice sixer win....bur now Simmons was MIA,,,,WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Even this year the lakers are now a favorite in the west when most had them finishing in the middle of the pack at the start of the season.
    Umm... what? Everyone was saying the West would be dominated by the two LA teams (so long as they remained healthy).

Nice sixer win....bur now Simmons was MIA,,,,WTF.
    Celts bigs had 35 not bad but just a horrible 2nd half shooting even Kemba (I know he still had 29) They are still fun to watch and are improving. Good game.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Only in the NBA can you have a running dialogue between two ex-player announcers and a current superstar, where the superstar says they were right for calling him out then day before and then goes out and drops 38, 13 and 6 plus the game sealing block the next night.

I love the NBA.

Also, however much we are talking about Doncic, it is not enough. Holy crap this dude.

yeah, Doncic is amazing. And a great reminder that basketball isn't track and field, it's not a pure test of raw athleticism, even though seem to think it is. He shows that there are athletic traits beyond what can be tested by physical metrics. Because relative to those around him, he's not a great athlete by pure physical metrics (and many thought he wouldn't be great because of that), but obviously he is a fantastic athlete and talent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

^^^ Prolly sucks at pull-ups.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^ Haha, the Shiffrin of the NBA. ;-)

And he's only 20 years old! That's the crazy part.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^ Prolly sucks at pull-ups.
    awesome
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, Doncic is amazing. And a great reminder that basketball isn't track and field, it's not a pure test of raw athleticism, even though seem to think it is. He shows that there are athletic traits beyond what can be tested by physical metrics. Because relative to those around him, he's not a great athlete by pure physical metrics (and many thought he wouldn't be great because of that), but obviously he is a fantastic athlete and talent.
    yeah, he looks fat, but drops 40. Wouldn't he be even better and/or have a longer career though if he improved his fitness?

he's 20, he'll figure it out. or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    he's 20, he'll figure it out. or not.
    yeah, he might decide to be happy (and fat) with about an 8 year career and a couple hundred million then head back east to spend a decade or 2 slowly getting fatter and enjoying his riches on the Dalmatian Coast.

I bought the Pistons feed from NBA.com this year and watched the Mavs v Pistons last night. That Doncic kid is pretty good. He doesn’t have a real flashy game he just seems to make shots. Even when a Pistons player was draped on him he’d throw up a shot and the damn thing would go in.

Doncic sitting out with a moderate ankle sprain after last night. Hopefully it isn't anything that keeps nagging him.

Haven't watched the Heat play yet except the end of Friday night's game, anyone think they're for real? My gut says they're more of a 6-7 seed that got hot to start the season
    It sucks to suck.

I'm depressed....Ben STILL won't take any shot...team sucked against the zone...bad turnovers...same ole same ole. Brett Brown's last season imo......and the Heat look legit. Deep bench, young, sharpshooters, they're making the conference finals.

Bwahahahaha - Merry Christmas and the Rockets still suck! Gap Year Dubs > Rockets.