Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

The Chase Center is an amazing venue - I’m impressed. Really enjoyed the vibe of the building and the layout was thoughtfully designed. Dubs hung in there with the Celtics until the very end, which is all you can ask for this season from this young team. I continue to be impressed by Paschall - he doesn’t look like a rookie out there. Fun game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1101.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	302517

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	302518
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The refs missed another obvious foul at the end of the Jazz game when Donovan was hacked. I think that makes 3 times this year that he’s very obviously been fouled with a few seconds to go and the refs swallow their whistle. He needs to figure out how to get that James Harden treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The Chase Center is an amazing venue - I’m impressed. Really enjoyed the vibe of the building and the layout was thoughtfully designed. Dubs hung in there with the Celtics until the very end, which is all you can ask for this season from this young team. I continue to be impressed by Paschall - he doesn’t look like a rookie out there. Fun game.

Name:	IMG_1101.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	302517

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	302518
    Competitive game for sure, Dubs out worked the C's all game long. I thought they played better once DLo got hurt, he was hot early but then was just a turnover machine. C's need to ramp it up on both ends if this is going to be a winning road trip. Tatum such an enigma, missing shots consistently but then coming up big at the end. Been doing this all year, his shooting numbers are really pretty bad. Kemba's a 4th Q. assassin.

That’s a very likable Celtics team with Kyrie gone. Kemba is very unselfish, which is perfect for that roster. I was just glad to see the Warriors finally figure out some defense and execute - they were doing a great job on their rotations.

And DLo... Jesus man, half of those turnovers were just plain dumb.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

After all the success of these past years, I like this whole building the bottom half of the team season. Experience playing against the number 1's instead of mop up duty only. There are a lot of miles on Steph & Klay in relation to their years, so building talent to support them when they come back will only make things better. So don't mind the mulligan year.

Melo wearing 00 brings about a weird revelation that he was not allowed 7 because they are holding it to honor Roy. Very weird. 00 has been worn since our beloved Kevin retired and passed away and no biggie but does Roy deserve more love? Duckworth was a 2 time all star Roy went 3 times but if that is what it is based on they should honor 4 time all star Sidney Wicks

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Blazers release Pau Gasol and Nurkic says he’s out for year. Maybe not new news for Blazer fans but what are they gonna do?

Here’s an idea: trade a 2nd rounder to Warriors for Willie Cauley-Stein Stein as a backup. He’s doing nothing for Dubs...
    Last edited by 54-46; 11-20-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Fun C's/Clips game last night, 'cepting for the refs and their endless replays and shitty calls. Seriously NBA, get this shit fixed.

Caught the last bit of OT.

For anyone who doubts the value of Marcus Smart, watch this:

Dude makes plays like this all the time.
    Last edited by Danno; 11-21-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Fun C's/Clips game last night, 'cepting for the refs and their endless replays and shitty calls. Seriously NBA, get this shit fixed.
    surprised the C's were in it despite going 1 for 18 from 3 in the first half. I remember hearing the announcers praising smart for his improved 3 pt shooting over the past 2 years as he goes 1-11 last night.

edit: I do love him though.

Looks like we are keeping Pau and Nurk on the bench though. So maybe matching suits IDK
    Name:  PauNurk.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  55.5 KB
    Another 7 footer seems nice but that Willie has an abysmal ft% so I'm not very stoked on that idea

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Blazers release Pau Gasol and Nurkic says he’s out for year. Maybe not new news for Blazer fans but what are they gonna do?

Here’s an idea: trade a 2nd rounder to Warriors for Willie Cauley-Stein Stein as a backup. He’s doing nothing for Dubs...

Nugz/Keltics tonight could be a good one. Go Nugz

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Looks like we are keeping Pau and Nurk on the bench though. So maybe matching suits IDK
    Name:  PauNurk.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  55.5 KB
    Another 7 footer seems nice but that Willie has an abysmal ft% so I'm not very stoked on that idea
    Was kinda joking because WCS isn’t being too useful on Dubs. Looking for them to dump his salary in a few months though.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Nurkic says he’s out for year
    I think your reporting is misleading; he said he's out for 2019, not the season. As in he won't get on the court till 2020, but that leaves plenty of the season.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sixers-Heat tomorrow....heading down tomorrow for an over-nighter. Looking forward to great eats too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think your reporting is misleading; he said he's out for 2019, not the season. As in he won't get on the court till 2020, but that leaves plenty of the season.
    Ok, cool. I’m glad I misread that. Would prefer to see him play and the Blazers be competitive.

Nugz

I'm cautiously optimistic as to what this Blazers team can do with five starters instead of one. Melo looks good so far. I can't believe I said that.

Wishing Kemba a good recovery. Take as long as you need. Man. That's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic as to what this Blazers team can do with five starters instead of one. Melo looks good so far. I can't believe I said that.
    He has it in him. After all, he helped Syracuse win the National Title.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Wishing Kemba a good recovery. Take as long as you need. Man. That's scary.
    He's listed as doubtful for Monday's game, which seems ridiculously optimistic. Neck sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    He's listed as doubtful for Monday's game, which seems ridiculously optimistic. Neck sprain.
    Hope the team let's him take his time and come back 100%.

Harden sucks. Scores 50, but on 11/38 shooting and 3 crucial TOs in final 2+ mins of 2OT as Rockets blew 22 point second half lead against Spurs. Bwahahaha

^^^same ole same ole....not playoff formula, again.

Never been much of a Carmelo fan, but you have to be happy for the guy getting another shot and then actually playing well.