Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    They're moving ahead with schedules like it's going to happen...huge mistake imo. Suck for players too - in lockdown the entire time there.

Yeah, I give the season maybe a 2-3% chance of finishing and that's being generous. There will be teams that have outbreaks and then what? They'll have to shut it down.

Just read the first couple pages of this thread. Ah nostalgia...we were worried about some China issue.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm a sports fan but, I really doubt we'll have any sports until 2021. It's just not in the media's interest to promote that. They want to keep fans engaged under the facade that the MLB/NBA/NFL etc will pick right up this summer. There's a lot of uncertainty about how much permanent damage to the lungs occurs even with asymptomatic carriers and I doubt the players are going to keep playing once infections start spreading. I sure as hell wouldn't.

It's not in the various league or sports networks interest to face up to this so they'll continue promoting them like the seasons are going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Anyone else think this re-start has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening?
    Apparently Dame is in agreement with you. He was just saying what every other player and coach was thinking.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Just read the first couple pages of this thread. Ah nostalgia...we were worried about some China issue.
    We still are! Just a different one! haha.

Out of 351 players tested, 9 more infected, 25 total now. It's Florida, so you know they're gonna handle it perfect...

The NBA should be held on criminal charges for the deaths they'll create

OKC looking for another new home?? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Back to Seattle!

I think what's most jarring about watching these games is the darker arena lighting. You can see a lot more shadows than usual.

Hope this works out and we can enjoy the playoffs. Seems like the NBA has done a pretty solid job with all of this so far.

Also: Nick Nurse has to be coach of the year, right? Lose Kawhi after the championship and he just keeps Toronto rolling. Solid D against the Lakers yesterday.

TBH I hadn't noticed the different light until you pointed it out and now I can't see it. I didn't think I'd like the crowd noise but it definitely helps make it feel the same.

Really enjoyed the return so far. Interesting to see how this progresses, especially with no home court advantage and the 8th seed play-in. For example, if the Pacers can open up a couple game lead over Philly do they start resting more because who cares if you're the 4 or 5 seed?

Nick Nurse for COY. Raptors have a better record and point differential currently than they did at the same point last year.

TJ Warren for Bubble MVP.
    It sucks to suck.

Jokic putting on a goddamn clinic against the Thunder in OT

Popovich says Jokic is the next Larry Bird...

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...42435612000267

Blazers are out for blood. Odds aren't great and they definitely miss Ariza and Hood but they're fun to watch.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post

Jokic got used like a phonebook today. The Bosian Beast is playing out of his mind. Lillard's eleven 3's didn't hurt either.

Nuggets had 4 starters out, and were within 4 in the last 5 minutes against a fully healthy Blazers squad. Not worried at all.
    Last edited by Jay P; 08-07-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post

Hmm. Jokic doesn't have that dog in him like Bird did, IMO. People tend to forget Bird was a straight-up killer.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

The Nugs had four starters out and sat Jokic for the fourth quarter. Hardly a statement victory.

I do hope the Blazers play the Lakers in the first round and wear them down.

I just rewatched the 4th quarter of the Laker/Nuggs game from last night. I am completely convinced L.A are frauds and are going to get bounced by the Blazers in the 1st round. Nuggs sat their entire starting lineup for 18 straight minutes and they lost on a 3 with 0.4 seconds left.

That Griz-Blazer play in game was pretty entertaining. Both looked to run away at different points but the other rallied. Ja is gonna be something in the years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Ja is gonna be something in the years ahead.
    For sure. I'd like to see Ja play against a top 5 defensive team instead of the porous Zers.

Lakers/Blazers? Blazers in 6.

Zers.

Got the Lakers to play down to their level and then Dame did Dame stuff while Whiteside, Melo and CJ did their thing.

I feel like Whiteside doesn't get enough credit. Having that guy come off the bench is a nightmare for opposing teams.

Lillard's response after being asked to join a super team:

"Big EJ, I want to stay in Portland, build it with my teammates & beat every mf super team."

Which super team? My guess is Lebron and the Lakers.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/8/1...am-earl-watson

"They played an East Oakland anthem, it was only right I go dumb for a sec."

Dame paid homage to Oakland when Too Short’s Blow The Whistle came on after his deep three

https://twitter.com/i/status/1295935706955538433

Whiteside had some huge blocks in the 4th quarter. I knew Portland was going to give LA trouble. Love it!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.