Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Agreed. He has always been good enough, but the question has always been will he try on defense and will he not be a ball stopper. He still has to make it through the beginning of January (when they have to decide to keep him or cut him).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

RLY
    Amazed to hear myself saying I'd take Melo over Harden ...... if you held a gun to my head.

I don't like Harden's game, it's not pleasing to watch, but you're nuts if you can't acknowledge him as one of the best players in the game. Melo?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't like Harden's game, it's not pleasing to watch, but you're nuts if you can't acknowledge him as one of the best players in the game. Melo?
    This.

Yeah, I mean, that's not even a real question.

I mean, I like I like Eddie George more than Kobe, but I think the Lakers kept the right guy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Bitch ass Rockets seeking to overturn 2OT loss to Spurs because of missed call with 7:50 left. SMH...

“With 7:50 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Houston Rockets held a 13-point lead when James Harden attempted a breakaway one-hand dunk. Although the shot when through the hoop, the referees overturned the dunk after the ball bounced back through the basket.

At the time, the decision made by the refs did not seem like a huge deal, but the botched call played a tremendous role in the Rockets’ 135-133 double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday.”

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2019/1...s-to-the-spurs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tv5.esp...3fplatform=amp

Slightly off topic but I'm looking for new reading materiel now that Deadspin went belly up. What websites do you guys like for NBA/Sports/Pop Culture? I know about th eringer, but good sites are getting scarce.

Set me up with some new bookmarks! Thanks boys.

The Athletic has no pop culture, but for pure sports reporting and analysis, it's pretty much the best (but not free). I also read sbnation somewhat regularly, but again, no pop culture, just sports.

I've never really liked nor understood the pop culture-sports sites, I just want sports.

Best *scorers*

Well, I miss deadspin.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Best *scorers*
    Best scorer. And one of the best players.

Again, I don't like his game, but if you don't think he's one of the very best players in the league, you're not paying attention.

Again, I don't like his game, but if you don't think he's one of the very best players in the league, you're not paying attention.
    He’s certainly high on the list, but like you, Im very annoyed by his one man style of play. He’s a great scorer, a lazy defender, a flow stopper and will never win a championship.

There’s nothing more annoying to me, as someone who plays and appreciates the fundamentals of good team hoop, to see one guy dribbling incessantly and 4 other teammates watching and waiting to rebound.

Just a personal thing really, dude can score on anyone and would win an NBA 1:1 tournament if there was such a thing. Not my cup of tea to watch or root for.

Totally agree with all of that, except the part about he'll never win a title. He may or may not, but he's certainly been the focal point for teams that have come reasonably close, so...

I lean towards a great player having skills, game and personality. Admittedly, not many professional athletes in any sport max out in all three, but Harden fails miserably in 2 of 3.
    Plus he's an asshole.

The Athletic has no pop culture, but for pure sports reporting and analysis, it's pretty much the best (but not free). I also read sbnation somewhat regularly, but again, no pop culture, just sports.

I've never really liked nor understood the pop culture-sports sites, I just want sports.
    Agreed. Love the Athletic. Only pay wall besides WSJ that I subscribe to.

@UnDeadspin on twitter posts links to all the pieces for other outlets former DS writers have been putting out. I really liked David Roth’s piece for TNR about the Astros the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Bucks, Sixers probably the top 2 in the east.....I'm thinking the Heat, yup the Heat as the next best team...deep, young, big, deadly shooters....they're going to be a problem
    unfortunately.
    Go Celts!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

^^^looked good...could use a quality big still.

^^^looked good...could use a quality big still.
    That's the common refrain, but a team that can kill you on the wing from every position may not need one (except against your team, lol).

^^^4 sure...cue the warriors I guess....the old, not the new.

^^^4 sure...cue the warriors I guess....the old, not the new.
    The bigs are serviceable. I think that is all we need until we get to AD
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Vince Carter, who turns 43 next month, scored 17pts/20min in a 122-107 Hawks win over the Hornets last night.

Vince Carter still got it: https://twitter.com/FastbreakBH/stat...24446655606784

Gordon Hayward back ahead of schedule from the broken hand and looking good.

Also rookie Grant Williams hit a 3 pointer after missing the first 25 attempts of his career. His nickname during this cold streak? "Ben Simmons."

Celtics will be so tough when their best 5 can all play 30+ minutes a game