Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Or the Minneapolis Lakers, should be the Los Angeles 405ers ...
    Or the LA Smog.

I love the LA fans who claim they have 16 NBA championships, 1 behind the Celts. Ummm, no, LA, you can’t count Minneapolis’s 5. People aren’t running around Oklahoma City claiming they’re have 1 NBA Championship from ‘79.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

So are the Warriors going to set the single season mark for both points scored and points allowed? Lol... people are so quick to overreact, though. A bunch of new players, it’s going to take Kerr some time to figure it all out. It will be nice to get our big man back, however.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So are the Warriors going to set the single season mark for both points scored and points allowed?
    Makes sense. Curry’s been trying to do that individually for years.

Ba Dum Bum.

Rockets just beat the Wiz 159-158 in a straight 4Q game.
    I can't tell if I would have enjoyed watching or been sickened by it.

Whoah, that's a combined 317 PTs. It looks like Harden broke out of his slump: 59 PTs, 9 Assists, 58 FG%, 42 3P%, 17/18 FT.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Rockets just beat the Wiz 159-158 in a straight 4Q game.
    I can't tell if I would have enjoyed watching or been sickened by it.
    ABA Game of the Week?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    ABA Game of the Week?
    Back to the good old days, when I was too young to appreciate defense (or lack there of...but there was contact).

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Curry fell on his left wrist and then Aron Baynes landed on it for good measure. Left game. We’ll see.

Without Curry, Dubs could get a 14% chance in the lottery...be looking at college players in February...

UPDATE: Curry has broken left hand. Dubs heading to lottery...
    Last edited by 54-46; 10-30-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Guess I'll be hoping for the Nugs having a good season. Hope the Dubs kids get some good experience and are at least fun to watch grow.

On that note:
    "With 158, the Wizards just tied for the most points in a regulation loss in NBA history. (The 1990 Nuggets lost 162-158 to the Warriors.)"

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Welp, guess it’s tank time for the Warriors. Could be like when David Robinson got hurt and then the Spurs drafted Tim Duncan. Doubly so with Klay out.

Those Chase Center tickets just got a lot cheaper this season! lol
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It was nice to see Conley finally get it going in a Jazz uni, if he plays to his potential the Jazz could be a serious contender. Even though it was against a Clippers team without Kawhi and PG.

Seriously sucks for the Dubs to lose Curry, maybe I should be coming to your house to watch a game, tickets are probably going to be a lot cheaper in the bay than they will be in the SLC
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

At least the real Dubs fans will still get to see games for a little while now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Welp, guess it’s tank time for the Warriors. Could be like when David Robinson got hurt and then the Spurs drafted Tim Duncan. Doubly so with Klay out.

Those Chase Center tickets just got a lot cheaper this season! lol
    This feels like 1996 or something. Bad old days with Chris Cohan. Tickets will be cheaper - will go just to check out building.

4th game of season and it’s time for next year!

Next year:
    Klay back
    Curry rested
    Draymond rested
    Looney healed
    Cauley-Stein familiar with system
    +
    Iguodala eligible to return
    +
    Trade DLo after December to team needing PG. Ideas:
    Trade DLo to Minn for Robert Covington and ?
    Trade DLo to Raps for Kyle Lowry (expiring) Norman Powell and trade exception (Lowry contract expiring)
    Trade DLo to Heat for G Dragic (expiring) and D Waiters
    +
    Top 10 draft pick
    +
    Salary cap space....
    +
    Development of Paschall, Poole, Evans, Chriss, D Lee, and Smilagic (pick 1-2 of them)

What's up with the Celtics??? Down pretty far in the 2nd half. And they turn it around and win. If they got the juice, why not use it in all 4??? Stevens must have given them some 'inspiration' during the break.

Quick observation since I'm a Brogdon fanboy, apparently. He's averaging more than 20ppg/10apg through 4, leading the L in assists. Course, the Pacers are 1-3. Not sure what to make of all that. Besides the fact that Brogdon is good.

Carry on. No one cares about this random little shit besides me. I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Quick observation since I'm a Brogdon fanboy, apparently. He's averaging more than 20ppg/10apg through 4, leading the L in assists. Course, the Pacers are 1-3. Not sure what to make of all that. Besides the fact that Brogdon is good.

Carry on. No one cares about this random little shit besides me. I'm ok with that.
    Bill Simmons cared on a recent pod.
    TLDR(L?): He was in a better situation in MIL and able flourish while not seeing the best defenders and was great for the team.
    Now is more front and center on a weaker team facing stronger defenders. (Maybe why he is dishing so much?)
    But bottom line, good for his pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Bill Simmons cared on a recent pod.
    TLDR(L?): He was in a better situation in MIL and able flourish while not seeing the best defenders and was great for the team.
    Now is more front and center on a weaker team facing stronger defenders. (Maybe why he is dishing so much?)
    But bottom line, good for his pocketbook.
    How do you like his NBA podcasts? Haven't listened in a while. Any good?

How do you like his NBA podcasts? Haven't listened in a while. Any good?
    Love em...well, mainly his BS podcast which covers everything. He is a full Boston homer which I don't mind, but covers other teams well and honestly. He has a new NBA focused one starting next week.

Anyone else watch the end of regulation between the Lakers and the Mavs? But for a missed FT that would have iced it, Luca and Zinger almost took down “height of his powers” version LeBron and top end AD. Good hoops/Fun stuff!

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Anyone else watch the end of regulation between the Lakers and the Mavs? But for a missed FT that would have iced it, Luca and Zinger almost took down “height of his powers” version LeBron and top end AD. Good hoops/Fun stuff!
    We are calling Porzingis Zinger now?

Huh. I don’t hate it...

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

We are calling Porzingis Zinger now?

Huh. I don’t hate it...
    LMAO yeah, call me lazy...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....s-nickname/amp

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

6 mins left in 4th and Dubs have a small lead on Blazers. Let’s see if they complete the elegant loss this game...

(Scratches head - Blind Squirrel Finds Nut....Dubs Get First Win at Chase Center)
    Last edited by 54-46; 11-04-2019 at 10:57 PM.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Any Blazers fans concerned about their shitty D?

Paschall is legit. Rebuild is over! ;-) (looking like a pretty solid second round draft pick, tho, and a good scoring option for our second unit next season)

But on a serious side note, I think the Suns are actually legit and could land a playoff spot.

Any Blazers fans concerned about their shitty D?
    Yes. But to be fair, two starters are out. Collins is a big part of our defense. That said, our parameter d will be a major problem this season.