Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I wouldn't bet against him as MVP, that's for sure.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

It would be interesting if the NBA told China tough shit, take it or leave it. Basketball is really popular there and just having it disappear would be a really bad look for their leaders and could have a serious social impact in terms of national pride and government support. The NBA is worried about that $500M TV contract of course but they have more leverage than they think.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Name:  kowtow james.PNG
Views: 1639
Size:  384.1 KB

I hope all this China shit doesnt tarnish the Jazz's first title

So I fucking hate Mike Golick junior so I Listen to Clay Travis on the commute in the AM. He basicially has railed on this for 2 weeks straight....
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ha! Like the confidence!

If there’s snow (and if my divorce settles), I want to come out there for Dubs at Jazz on 12/13.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    LOFL. Getting thirsty over here, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    So I fucking hate Mike Golick junior so I Listen to Clay Travis on the commute in the AM. He basicially has railed on this for 2 weeks straight....
    ironically the local shows in Houston which play instead of clay travis at his time are pretty quiet about the who thing as they know they are expendable as talk hosts over most GMs, but the NBA took a deep wound on this which will last for years.
    really hope this and the nfl kneelers opens the door for the NHL to become relevant again.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Black people are getting shot in their own homes by white cops and a few people are still hating NFL kneelers as a form of “patriotism.” Fucking ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as thinking the NHL will becomes relevant because the other leagues will fade due to shit happening that people really don’t care about. (Check out the trajectory of Nike stock in the last year since the Kaepernick collection it launched.)

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the NHL and hockey in general, but then again, I like black licorice.

yikes, 22nd year in the nba for vinsanity...43, dude can still ball. shot great last night against knicks....the other ny team, sort of like the mets .

538 is questionable, but I’m gonna leave this here anyway: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...=story-twitter

“So who are the best players of the past six seasons? According to RAPTOR wins above replacement (WAR), Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors has been the most valuable, checking in with 120.0 WAR between the regular season and the playoffs, followed by Houston’s James Harden (107.9) and LeBron James of the Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers (93.2).”

It’s time for BobMc’s prediction that the Pistons (and Andre Drummond) will rule the NBA this season!

Ok, maybe not that but I’m pretty happy with a win against the Pacers in their gym with Drummond posting 32 points, 23 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals and 4 blocks. (With no Blake Griffin)

C'mon everybody:
    HOW BOUT THESE JAZZ!

Gotta say, based on 4/5s of one game, the Whiteside acquisition seemed to work out well.

Hell... I mean.. Heck Yeah!

Donovan Mitchell: 32 PTS, 12 REB with 14 of his PTS in the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    It’s time for BobMc’s prediction that the Pistons (and Andre Drummond) will rule the NBA this season!

Ok, maybe not that but I’m pretty happy with a win against the Pacers in their gym with Drummond posting 32 points, 23 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals and 4 blocks. (With no Blake Griffin)
    we'll see saturday....embiid likes drummond. meanwhile in brooklyn, kyrie-ball gets 50 and a loss. typical kyrie.

10...9.....8.....76ers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Gotta say, based on 4/5s of one game, the Whiteside acquisition seemed to work out well.
    Did I mention I like whiskey? Go Jazz
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    we'll see saturday....embiid likes drummond. meanwhile in brooklyn, kyrie-ball gets 50 and a loss. typical kyrie.

10...9.....8.....76ers!
    76ers looking like early East favorites, Celtics looking longingly at their ex in spite of ex's flaws.

No, the Celtics don't long for Kyrie. Good riddance, regardless of what happens
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

celts total opposite build compared to sixers....all 3 shooters, meanwhile, be nice to see philly eventually hire one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No, the Celtics don't long for Kyrie. Good riddance, regardless of what happens
    agreed...team cancer...they'll find out when he continues to play iso-ball.

Sure, but Kyrie's replacement Kemba Walker scored 2 PTS in the second half against the Sixers. It's early days but that's not a good look by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Sure, but Kyrie's replacement Kemba Walker scored 2 PTS in the second half against the Sixers. It's early days but that's not a good look by comparison.
    come on, a hot take after one game is silly. Over the last 4 seasons, Kemba has averaged over 20ppg on 43% shooting from the field, with far worse teammates. Acting like one game, where he scored 12 pts on 22% shooting, is somehow indicative of the type of player he is or the season he will have is just dumb.

I said it was early days. And I'm not arguing Kyrie is better than Kemba for the Celtics. It was intended as a lighthearted metaphor about an ex. You yourself, Danno, in last year's thread, questioned whether you wanted to break up with Kyrie.