Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28
    Oh yeah and fuck the Lakers!

Previous Laker teams felt more like LA teams. This is just another put together team that happened to have LA on their jerseys. Congrats Lakers, but it won’t be very memorable. Mainly cuz it didn’t interest me to even watch the finals. Bah.

Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe discuss the best teams of this century: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_odCxKLEWZI

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Haters gonna hate...
    Sports are funny this way. But they taught me couple of lessons about how artificial the pro-sport soap opera is.

First example is when I had to deal with my hate when Malone signed with LA to get that ring. Dog it was hard to root for him but he was on the team now! Too bad The Mailman failed to deliver any way...

Then Popovic: blind “hate” turned into complete respect when he showed how to keep a steady team solid while Lakers went through a shit show of bickering in the locker room and incompetence in the front office.

rant over.. go back to crying in your pillow and silly hating...

fuck Celtics btw
    You shut your whore mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You shut your whore mouth!
    Hehe.... 17—17

Morey is about to be named the new head of basketball ops for the Sixers.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OKC trades Chris Paul to the Suns.

For anyone paying attention, OKC traded Russell Westbrook for 1 year of Chris Paul and the following:

Rockets 1st round pick in 2024 (protected 1-4)
    Rockets 1st round pick in 2026 (protected 1-4)
    pick swap rights in 2021
    pick swap rights in 2025
    Ricky Rubio
    Kelly Oubre
    Ty Jerome
    Jalen Lecque
    Suns 1st round pick in 2022 (protected 1-12)

That's insane. Chris Paul was considered a virtually untradeable contract, such that Houston had to include all those draft assets to get OKC to take him. A year later, he's valuable once again, and OKC gets significant value for giving him up.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

For anyone paying attention, OKC traded Russell Westbrook for 1 year of Chris Paul and the following:

pick swap rights in 2021
    pick swap rights in 2025
    Ricky Rubio
    Kelly Oubre
    Ty Jerome
    Jalen Lecque

That's insane. Chris Paul was considered a virtually untradeable contract, such that Houston had to include all those draft assets to get OKC to take him. A year later, he's valuable once again, and OKC gets significant value for giving him up.
    Yeah. That is incredible. Presti.

And now Harden wants out of the Rockets.

Followup - please o please trade Harden to Brooklyn. I want to see him, Kyrie and Durant fight over one ball. Please? I don't ask for much.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yeah. That is incredible. Presti.

And now Harden wants out of the Rockets.

Followup - please o please trade Harden to Brooklyn. I want to see him, Kyrie and Durant fight over one ball. Please? I don't ask for much.
    At first, I was like: "JHC?", but now I agree with you and want to see this. Hoping for bench pouting.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    At first, I was like: "JHC?", but now I agree with you and want to see this. Hoping for bench pouting.
    If a couple of million of us each chipped in $5 I'll bet we could make it happen. Would be so worth it for the sheer entertainment value. Hell, I might chip in $10.

pick swap rights in 2021
    pick swap rights in 2025
    Ricky Rubio
    Kelly Oubre
    Ty Jerome
    Jalen Lecque

Sam Presti has made some huge mistakes in the past... but this one looks damn good on the old resume. Completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I have been hoping the same thing. Will have insane talent, but the drama will be AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sam Presti has made some huge mistakes in the past... but this one looks damn good on the old resume. Completely insane.
    He made one big one that everyone knows about, Harden. But I think people look at that trade with a lot of hindsight. He was forced to because of the finances, and Harden looked like a potential all-star but it's not like he was the MVP at the time, or even an all-star. His last year in OKC he played 31mpg and averaged 16.8 pts. In Houston, when given the keys to the car, he turned into the best version of himself.

What other hudge mistakes did he make? I should add that I'm not saying he's a GM god, just that he did great with the Westbrook and Paul (and George) trades.

Buck gave up a lot to get Jrue Holiday and Bogdan Bogdanovic; got better starters and lost some depth. Trying to keep Giannis

For Jrue, Bucks sent: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill and three first-round picks.

Then - Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Bucks.

Kings - Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Blazers get better by trading Ariza for Covington. Trying to capitalize on Lillard’s prime. Gave up 2 1st rounders, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Buck gave up a lot to get Jrue Holiday and Bogdan Bogdanovic; got better starters and lost some depth. Trying to keep Giannis

For Jrue, Bucks sent: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill and three first-round picks.

Then - Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Bucks.

Kings - Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova.
    Damn they gave up a lot. Either they keep Giannis or they are flirting with the lottery without any picks to make it worth it. You take him off that teams and it seems pretty dysfunctional.

Maybe I’m overstating it. Probably not a lottery team but certainly not a contender. And without picks it would be rough to fix. And they gave up two pick swaps too.

Those are some big acquisitions by the Bucks. Did they get a new coach?

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Re Bucks - Great for 34 mins per game, but zero bench. Jrue, Bogs, Middleton, Giannis, and Lopez. Taxpayer MLE only? They’re only going to have 6-7 playoff caliber players. Holiday and Giannis still FAs next year unless Giannis signs extension. Huge gamble.

Those are some big acquisitions by the Bucks. Did they get a new coach?
    You doubt Coach of the Year can’t make adjustments Bud?

What other hudge mistakes did he make? I should add that I'm not saying he's a GM god, just that he did great with the Westbrook and Paul (and George) trades.
    Well, they could have kept Harden and traded Ibaka. I sort of get the logic in thinking that Harden and Westbrook were repetitive, but I still remember at the time people thinking it was insane that they were trading Harden away. He was clearly on the rise.

But really I just mean he blew a huge opportunity. You draft KD, Westbrook and Harden in three straight years (and you have to give him credit for that) and can't surround those guys with a team that wins a Finals? I'm sure it keeps him up at night.

But no doubt Presti is a very talented deal maker.

Re Bucks - Great for 34 mins per game, but zero bench. Jrue, Bogs, Middleton, Giannis, and Lopez. Taxpayer MLE only? They’re only going to have 6-7 playoff caliber players. Holiday and Giannis still FAs next year unless Giannis signs extension. Huge gamble.
    That's the way most winning teams have been constructed the last few years, outside of the Warriors (but they'll now be constructed that way too). The idea is that there's enough usable flotsam out there at the vet's minimum or close to round out the roster. It is a bold move, but when you have the best record in the league for 2 straight years and can't make the finals, and don't fire your coach...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well, they could have kept Harden and traded Ibaka. I sort of get the logic in thinking that Harden and Westbrook were repetitive, but I still remember at the time people thinking it was insane that they were trading Harden away. He was clearly on the rise.

But really I just mean he blew a huge opportunity. You draft KD, Westbrook and Harden in three straight years (and you have to give him credit for that) and can't surround those guys with a team that wins a Finals? I'm sure it keeps him up at night.

But no doubt Presti is a very talented deal maker.
    Totally fair. I will add that not only was Ibaka seemingly a better fit, but he looked like he was going to become a better player than he ever did become. But yeah, people at the time saw the trade for what it was, though in some ways he didn't have a lot of choice.

They had some bad luck and maybe not the greatest coach (which is also on Presti), but yeah, tough to stomach the lack of a title from those guys.

I don't think the Bucks would have made the Jrue trade if they weren't confident Giannis is going to sign a supermax contract.

Giannis is only 25 so the Bucks future depends on Giannis improving/evolving into the kind of player that can't be shut down in the playoffs.

Man, Bogdanovich is going to get some wide open looks.