Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I thought the narrative was Cleveland finally won a title in many moons.
    Red Sox came back from 3-0 deficit and beat the Yankees of all teams. While there is talk occasionally that they did that on the way to get there, mainly it was they finally freaking won. Maybe if that was the only WS win they had since, we would talk more about that.
    Dubs won three titles in a short time. They are fine.

Not shitting on Cleveland. Happy they won something though would rather had it been the Tribe.

Man, I can't wait until the Tribe wins a Series.
    I still call it The Jake.

It would be a good thing. But Major League wouldn't be as good anymore.

Sidenote: We were scrolling through movies the other night and ML II was on the screen and the wife says "I don't think I saw ML I." I thought I may have to re-evaluate our marriage. So, I might be watching ML again with the wife during this time off.

That’s time well spent.

Speaking of Major League, how did the Astros not know this was on its way?!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Speaking of Major League, how did the Astros not know this was on its way?!
    This post will not get the recognition it deserves.

Anyone think NBA will be back this year? I can’t see how they’re going to clear everyone involved to be in proximity with each other.

I don't think we will see the NBA this year, unless you mean in Oct/Nov/Dec, in which case maybe.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't think we will see the NBA this year, unless you mean in Oct/Nov/Dec, in which case maybe.
    To your point, I was talking about end of 2019-2020 season. I’m bummed that we are losing a year from the prime of some of these great players.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    To your point, I was talking about end of 2019-2020 season. I’m bummed that we are losing a year from the prime of some of these great players.
    still do not understand how the nba cannot put something together.

every team charters flights, play at some small gym they can keep disinfected and you test before each game. given the amount of money to be made, i'm surprised they do not try something, the danger to the average nba player is very low.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

If the players only mixed with each other and the team officials, and the TV crews only mixed with their folks, then I could see it being possible. But, do we really think guys are not going to see their families, entourages, and GFs for 2-3 months?

Yah. Remember (insert any high profile NBA star, I'll take Wilt Chamberlain)? Real stay at home guy.

Shawn Kemp has 7 kids with 6 different women. But even purported paragons of virtue, like Curry, are mixing with other people (wife, 3 kids...)

I don't see sporting events happening until we have near instant testing, or the whole thing dies down.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    This post will not get the recognition it deserves.
    It did not go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yah. Remember (insert any high profile NBA star, I'll take Wilt Chamberlain)? Real stay at home guy.
    This cracked me up.

No one is more upset than LeeeeeBron at the fact that there may be no season. Age, first place, legacy-building on the line...

Think off the irony (?) if AD gets the Corona in June/July and never plays B ball again. Not saying that I want that to happen to AD's sake, but .....

Rumor is Shaq may have increased his share in the Kings

Please rid us of Vivec and Vlady

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Hello darkness my old friend

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Blazers with Nurkic and Collins play the Lakers in a playoff series? I would!

Especially after what Dame did in that Kobe tribute game against the Lakers.

Anyone else think this re-start has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening?

(slowly raises hand)

Would like to see the 4 major sports just shut it down to at least 2021...or when a vaccine is found.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Anyone else think this re-start has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening?
    I think the plug likely pulled. Adam Silver and his ownership group strike me collectively as the ... most covid aware ... mask friendly (trying to stay out of poly ass) group of the major US sports.

Some teams, ala Nuggies and Nets have a number of players testing positive. I don’t know why they would even want to go through the motions with what is left of the roster.