Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Al was in a dysfunctional situation last year, and is again this year. He always seems like a great guy and I was bummed he left Boston, but if he's not part of the problem at very least he's not part of the solution.
    See, I just think it's wrong time, wrong place. Kyrie Irving is gone, no more dysfunction.

Coming off the bench tonight...first time for Al. Could be good for he and Al.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    See, I just think it's wrong time, wrong place. Kyrie Irving is gone, no more dysfunction.
    I always thought Al and Stevens deserved more blame. C's are psyched Al walked now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I always thought Al and Stevens deserved more blame. C's are psyched Al walked now.
    Why? Kyrie is a freakin' head case all by himself... had nothing to do with anyone else.

Worked last night for Al and Sixers...looked good against Clips.

It's worth noting that they did not start Horford last night.

^^^that was the reason imo....better floor spacing.

Small ball seems to be working for the Beards...
    Harden (42) and Russell Westbrook (36), combined for 78 points against a good Celtics team ( Warning Cs fans, take it from me, when Gordo is your leading scorer, you are in trouble)

Jazz are starting to get my hopes up again ( been getting suckered since '84) Conley becoming what we expected and Clarkson? What a steal that guy was. dayum.

Still not sure we can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series (need Rip City to get that 8 seed and pull a 94 Nuggets on their asses,) but happy at the halfway point.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Still not sure we can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series (need Rip City to get that 8 seed and pull a 94 Nuggets on their asses,) but happy at the halfway point.
    Portland won't even make the playoffs, mark my words, and they definitely don't have the defense to stop playoff LeBron. I think the grizzlies, spurs and pelicans are all better teams than the zers this year. I like Dame, but that's about all they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Portland won't even make the playoffs, mark my words, and they definitely don't have the defense to stop playoff LeBron. I think the grizzlies, spurs and pelicans are all better teams than the zers this year. I like Dame, but that's about all they've got.
    Yea, I am with you (sorry Rev), I am a big Dame fan but I just dont think he can sustain the kind of effort it will take to get the Z'ers into the playoffs.

I am starting to get a little hopeful as well on the Conley acquisition, Clarkson was a straight up steal! Not sure they have enough to take out the Lakers but man LeBron has been playing a LOT of minutes for an old dude - that is my optimistic Jazz fan coming out
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

The average NBA team is now worth $2.1 billion

The NBA's international growth and TV deals means the NBA has grown 476% in the past decade.

The Knicks ($4.6 billion) are the most valuable team followed by the Lakers ($4.4 billion). The Warriors ($4.3 billion) and the Clippers ($2.6 billion) used to be among the least valuable teams but are now the 3rd and 6th most valuable.

Baseball isn't on my radar so I'm little surprised to see its growth outpacing the NHL and NFL:

NBA: 476% growth
    MLB: 262% growth
    NHL: 192% growth
    NFL: 179% growth

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Jazz are starting to get my hopes up again ( been getting suckered since '84) Conley becoming what we expected and Clarkson? What a steal that guy was. dayum.
    Bogey too. In case anyone missed it, this is easily the best most clutch FG of the season:

Last edited by MultiVerse; 02-13-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The average NBA team is now worth $2.1 billion

The NBA's international growth and TV deals means the NBA has grown 476% in the past decade.

The Knicks ($4.6 billion) are the most valuable team followed by the Lakers ($4.4 billion). The Warriors ($4.3 billion) and the Clippers ($2.6 billion) used to be among the least valuable teams but are now the 3rd and 6th most valuable.

Baseball isn't on my radar so I'm little surprised to see its growth outpacing the NHL and NFL:

NBA: 476% growth
    MLB: 262% growth
    NHL: 192% growth
    NFL: 179% growth
    The NHL has been a shit show since the late 90's when they fucked up their TV deals. I was a huge Sharks fan before that and then suddenly I couldn't even watch most of their games, while living in their local market. They've been struggling to rebound ever since.

MLB surprises me a bit. NFL was already so huge so percentage growth is difficult to achieve on the same level.

The NBA will continue to outpace the others for a while, I suspect. It's crazy that in 2008 there were as many as 7 or 8 franchises available and the league literally couldn't find a buyer for the Pelicans.

cool Zach Lowe article on Bam Adebayo: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ba-player-know
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Feeling pretty stoked so far on the Warriors trading DLo for Wiggins. Nevermind the draft picks. Makes sense to have that money invested in a forward instead of another guard. He can fill in as our new Harrison Barnes. And so far he seems to be thriving with all of the ball movement, even without Steph and Klay on the floor.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Feeling pretty stoked so far on the Warriors trading DLo for Wiggins. Nevermind the draft picks. Makes sense to have that money invested in a forward instead of another guard. He can fill in as our new Harrison Barnes. And so far he seems to be thriving with all of the ball movement, even without Steph and Klay on the floor.
    that was a good trade for both teams. I wouldn't expect much from Wiggins, but at worst he offers a star salary to match in trades, and they have some other assets to package with him for a legit star. But he does seem to have potential, maybe they can unlock it.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Clips/Celts is nice high level entertaining game. Going to OT...

Make that 2OT...
    Last edited by 54-46; 02-13-2020 at 09:58 PM.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Zion is a cheat code. My god.

Between Doncic, Zion and Giannis the superstar generation has totally changed.

3 may be three of the top 5 players in the league RIGHT NOW. Insane.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

More. Zion is AVERAGING 1.5 points PER SHOT.

As a rookie.
    Last edited by beece; 02-16-2020 at 03:38 AM.

All Star game is Team Lebron v. Team Giannis. So lets not have the natural east versus west, but lets make it stupid.

And then lets double down on dumb

All-Star 2020 comes with a new game format, with charity money being awarded to the winner of each quarter, and with an untimed fourth quarter in which the teams will play to a target score.

I’m in Japan and didn’t watch ASG. Did anyone else? Sounds like the 4th quarter got competitive.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2...-all-star-game

WTF Jazz?!?

Before the break I was a little worried with their defense and then they went on a run. Now they lost 4 in a row, at home.
    Even when they were mediocre in the early 00s I dont remember 4 home losses in a row, ever since I became a fan in 84.

this team is broken. D Mitch is a stud, but cant do it alone.

They lost to a good team last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They lost to a good team last night.
    Celtics are a good team, but the Jazz have built their success on dominance at home and the Celtics were on the second game of a back to back and missing a key piece
    you cant let any team do this

cant score if you dont shoot

Conley blowing layups, Rudy alone under the basket, not getting the ball, Kanter, Enes fuckingh kanter knocking around the DPOY!?! for fucks sake. this team is a mess.

OKC saved my bacon with Vegas against Milwaukee yesterday. I had OKC +47.5 and they were trailing by 50 with a minute left. Thanks for the big win guys.

https://www.brewhoop.com/2020/2/29/2...thunder-133-86