Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    You sure that isn't a Chrysler 300 with Bentley decals?

Damn scary, glad you're ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pay a visit to the home of the vehicle owner. Pick out any fence you want from his yard and set it up at your place.

Holy fuck. Wonder how fast dude was going. Glad you didn't get dead.

Swing by a cash machine on your way to the owner's house, you know, in case the nihilists are passed out.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Thousand dollars, though. Might have to do a couple withdrawals before the um, insertion.

Wanna go halves on a Powerball ticket with me?

Seems like this traumatic incident could lead to mental suffering and even PTSD. Any settlement should take this into account.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Seriously, count yourself lucky and go buy a lottery ticket.
    Actually, I’d like for the OP to buy me a lottery ticket.

I too am glad it wasn’t worse.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Seems like this traumatic incident could lead to mental suffering and even PTSD. Any settlement should take this into account.
    I'd also throw in the cost of a new pair of pants and underwear, unless you were hanging out in your backyard naked.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

????

That's just wude.

Surprise!
    Happy that you weren't hurt OP. Bentley means money.

Our last house in PDX was on a sweeping curve with a 25mph speed limit. Twice in the 10 years we lived there we had drunk drivers negotiate only a portion of the curve before exiting onto our property.

First time the guy left windshield glass embedded in an oak tree before he took out our deck and ended upside down in the street. Got a nice new deck out of it. No pics of that one

Second time a guy hit a tree in the median strip and high-centered on the root wad before he could hit the deck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scratch.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	290333

Name:	Oops.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	290334

He didn't account for the high-centering when exiting his vehicle and smashed his can of Mike's Hard Lemonade

Name:	Dismount.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	290335

When the cops showed up and asked "what happened" he replied "I think it's pretty obvious - I wrecked my truck!"
    He had peed his pants by then...

Name:	I wrecked my car.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	290336

We sold and moved shortly thereafter

That Mike’s can sneak up on you like that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ Ugh that's crazy.

KQ I was maybe a lazy two bowls in, the booze was a bigger issue tbh - it was a Sunday evening of a long weekend that happens to fall on my birthday lol.. I find with relatively 'normal' doses of weed the buzz dissapears pretty quickly when shit hits the fan. Edibles would likely be a different story. Booze I find acts a bit differently, it seems to continue to make you (me) kinda dumb. I made a few criticisms to the police that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Djongo here's how relaxed it is - I have two plants on the patio, just realized this weekend the next door neighbor has a pile growing, dude directly across the street from me has a single plant, and dud beside him is an old reclusive guy that sessions about 50 times a day in his garage and I'd be surprised if he didn't have anything growing in his backyard. Those logs are from that willow when it got messed up from an ice storm a few years ago. Kinda glad it lived. Re: the kitties - they're pissed because now with no fence there's no afternoon patio time for them, they're strictly indoors until we're fenced back in.

Thanks all for the well wishes. I think I had what would be considered a nervous breakdown this am (if that term is even used these days) and I hope I'm wrong but yeah PTSD will likely be an issue.

When I look at the debris, damage, tire marks in relation to where I was I get physically ill. I'm able to keep food down now but it's been a gross and mostly sleepless~22 hours. Yes I will talk to my (new and freaking awesome) Doctor.

Insurance ball is rolling, looking at a $1000 deductible though. Will look into possibly going after the owner driver or both for reimbursement. Here in Canada it's not as straight foreword or common as stateside I believe but I know zero about the process.
    Last edited by Thaleia; 08-05-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: hands shaky, not type good

Hope you get reimbursed in full by insurance and you overcome the effects of this accident.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Here in Canada.
    If that happened in USA you could have legally killed that Bentley driver.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Sorry man, that would be beyond terrifying. Just think differently about it, a near death experience is actually getting hit, almost dying in the hospital in ICU, spending years in and out of the hospital recovering, and maybe barely being able to ski again. And going broke due to the bills...wait you are Canadian so maybe it would cost just a few loonies, but either way try to mentally look at it differently. You didn’t nearly die, you just got your buzz killed and yer backyard ruined. And the hardcore shakes for like a week I’d imagine, yeesh!

Thanks VT, Harry - yeah this being Canada I'm pretty sure I need to apologize to the driver for having a tree and fence in their way. muted that's a really interesting perspective, thank you. TBH dealing with the 'shock' of this it's kind of hard to see it that way but I'll try to look at it that way as I work through this.

Really easy for me to suggest advice from a thousand miles away without experiencing it. Or knowing you. You probably need some time to absorb that crazy shit before feeling anywhere near ‘lucky’.

Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Assuming there is insurance on the Bentley, unless the vehicle was stolen.
    I hope the bentley is not 22 years old ??

insurance will totally pay for that fence

unless it was some kinda special fence made by druid virgins from artisan wood or sft and you didnt have it properly insured
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Shit damn man. Glad you're still here!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

back in the day I almost got killed twice in a week hitting a moose and then a swim above a grade 6 drop

I obsessed about what might have been and i couldn't get it out of my mind for about a week

them my buddy the copier salesman pointed out

if dad hadn't come prematurely 40 odd years before that

I would have missed the whole fucking thing eh

School zone? Canadians go to school at night eh?

MJ is legal everwhere in Canada so what was the OP doing sitting in his car drinking and smoking ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    MJ is legal everwhere in Canada so what was the OP doing sitting in his car drinking and smoking ?
    He was sitting in that wood chair in the pictures in his back yard enjoying the view of his fence which was about to explode.