Instructor Recommendations for Wasatch - Cottonwoods (or Deer Valley)

Wondering if anyone could share some names of good instructors in the Cottonwoods? I'm flexible to any of the four, or Deer Valley.

I started later in life (40s) and have grown to an intermediate skier. I'm looking to continue to improve so I can get comfortable on blacks, and also need ongoing help in the powder (since I'm midwest and we really don't get to ski powder).

I've worked with a couple out of Alta, and both were great, but neither would video me, even though I would ask. And so often in certain situations, I had a tough time comprehending what they were talking about when they critiqued me. I work with a coach here in the midwest and he videos everything and it's amazingly helpful.

So I would love an instructor who is of course good, wants to work with someone trying to grow beyond intermediate, and ideally would be willing to actually video me as well so I can see what they're talking about when I'm not understanding something.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

why wouldn't they film you? that seems super weird.

There is no powder at Alta. I would try park city, maybe Woodward?

It's tough to find instructors in the summer. Most of them are guarding the mogul storage facility for extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's tough to find instructors in the summer. Most of them are guarding the mogul storage facility for extra cash.
    Most of them have migrated down to South American for breeding season. You'll see them nesting in the mountains around Portillo

I have no idea why they wouldn't...I made multiple requests and they just wouldn't; basically said it wasn't necessary...I just gave up asking.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Most of them have migrated down to South American for breeding season. You'll see them nesting in the mountains around Portillo
    I hope they avoid the Krill soup.

PM Rontele
    He’s tried every male instructor between Denver and Stockton, and might know how good they are at skiing too!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Sounds like you’ve had enough instruction. Just get out and ski without overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I hope they avoid the Krill soup.
    Never, ever have the krill soup.

Also known as whale vomit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Instructors in Portillo spend their winters in Aspen or the YC. The Wasnatch isn't bougies enough.

the reason they won't video you is because if you saw what you looked like skiing you'd quit and they'd be out a client.

Rob Sogard at Snowbird. If you can get a private... great. If not, he can hook you up with someone appropriate.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Real advice....

read a lot before posting
    don’t jong
    don't be a dick, this is the tough one, you still have to be a dick, but not one.
    ski with mags
    try and keep up

They Found a Bridge with Snow under it !!!

TROLLSKIER LIVES !
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz