Phil Lesh on Martha's Vineyard

Any maggots going to be attending? Grace Potter, galactic on Sunday. John Fogerty headlining Saturday. Lots of great bands. I'll be out there all week, working for the festival. Google Beach Road concert on Martha's Vineyard for more information. Hopefully, I'll be posting a picture with Phil backstage at some point. I'll settle for a picture with Grace Potter.
    https://www.beachroadweekend.com/lin...xoCK74QAvD_BwE
    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

You're going to have a good time!

I love Menemsha and Lucy Vincent
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Menemsha is so cool. Some day I’ll catch a freaking falsie off that pier

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    You're going to have a good time!

I love Menemsha and Lucy Vincent
    You know it. I've been going out to Martha's Vineyard since I was a little kid. The boat left from close to our house growing up and my buddy ended up being the first mate on the passenger Ferry. I life guarded out there for a summer in college at South Beach. What a blast. It's definitely changed a lot from naked mud baths on gay head and Squid jigging for dinner in Edgartown Harbor. Water skiing Katama Bay almost every night after work. Seeing Walter Cronkite on a sailboat on the ride back and waving. This is going to be an epic concert
    And the First music festival ever on the vineyard. Next month is the Martha's Vineyard Beer Fest. I'll be working at as well

Nope. But I'm going to the Stones at Meadowlands on Monday! And Colbert on Tuesday. Then going to the Lake for a couple weeks. Woot!
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

That's pretty close. Google crooked Coast in Falmouth Mass. Coast Fest. They're about to go on. They sponsored the Festival. I'll try to get some video

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Hopefully, I'll be posting a picture with Phil backstage at some point.
    That's the stuff dreams are made of, I really hope you get to meet Phil.

Wow. I saw George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic tonight with FIshbone and Dumpstaphunk (Ivan Neville). What a great evening at the Mountain Winery.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Dumpstaphunk played a small festival put on by a friend of mine 3 years ago and I got to hang out and shoot the shit with Ivan for about an hour in a field in rural Massachusetts as it got dark. I'm a huge Nevilles/Meters fan and know a pretty fair amount about their history and music, and Ivan was funny and nice so that was pretty cool.

Looking forward to Willy's selfie with Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Any maggots going to be attending? Grace Potter, galactic on Sunday. John Fogerty headlining Saturday. Lots of great bands. I'll be out there all week, working for the festival. Google Beach Road concert on Martha's Vineyard for more information. Hopefully, I'll be posting a picture with Phil backstage at some point. I'll settle for a picture with Grace Potter.
    https://www.beachroadweekend.com/lin...xoCK74QAvD_BwE
    That looks like a good time. Venue looks pretty chill...is all grass? Dispatch will put on a great show also. Those guys are solid.

Galactic is why I'd go. Well them and Phil. And Grace. Sounds like I need Sunday tix.

Willy what time does this all go off? Last new OB-New Beffid ferry is 10:35. No chance for that right?

Know a decent place to stay near the venue?

Curious what ferry you lived near as a kid. As a kid I lived about 200 yards from the HyLine dock on Ocean St. in Hyannis.

No reveal on Phil's friends yet, looks like a good time. Karl Denson will crush it

Where to stay is a good question

Both The Clark House and The Mansion House in Vineyard Haven are nice and close by. I have stayed at both, but not during the summer.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Galactic is why I'd go. Well them and Phil. And Grace. Sounds like I need Sunday tix.

Willy what time does this all go off? Last new OB-New Beffid ferry is 10:35. No chance for that right?

Know a decent place to stay near the venue?

Curious what ferry you lived near as a kid. As a kid I lived about 200 yards from the HyLine dock on Ocean St. in Hyannis.
    Just reading this now, weeks after the show. The boats were added to get people back to New Bedford and Woods Hole after the show. The shows ended early on purpose.
    I grew up in New Bedford going back to when the boat left from Louie's on the wharf. Then it moved over to Smugglers. Now I live 10 minutes from Hyannis Ferry on Ocean St next to Kalmus.
    I was on the vineyard for a week helping build the stages and set up the venue.
    Stayed at the youth hostel in West Tisbury with a buddy that had a car, that works out well. Stayed off Island Saturday night at a campground in Falmouth with some hippies. Sunday night I stayed at the campground next to Vineyard Haven with the people that own Cape Cod beer.
    It was a super good time. Didn't meet Phil and almost met Grace but it was a zoo backstage and I know when to not push my luck. Nevertheless, I was front row for John Fogarty. Very close for Phil.
    I've got so many stories how about all the great people I met. It was a blast and we got paid really well and fed like a movie set. They just had a meeting and get approval to do it again next year. I became friends with the promoter and got some inside info. Despite losing a fair amount of money it was still deemed a success. Next year will be bigger and better.