Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c Medium: XTR/XT/FOX Factory

SOLD

FS 2016 Yeti Medium SB5.5
    $3200
    - (I’m not sure how they classified this carbon, it was before the Turq/C differentiation, I’ve heard it’s darn close to turq but anyway ). I have owned this bike since new. Bought from Jenson in Feb. of 2017. Wrapped heavily in frame protection since then. It’s undergone regular maintenance including regular SI link greasing. I have probably 95% of the records on this bike- including original manuals and some odd replacement parts. In its life it’s had at least one full over haul and many partials. Just recently (2019) I replaced the entire drivetrain. It now sports XTR rear der/shifter and 4 pot XT. 2018 fox kashima dropper 150 with wolftooth lever. The only missing paint is on the top tube, not from accident but from rotor digging into frame during a road trip. Purely cosmetic. Otherwise sports paint swirls and microscratches you would expect from a used bike. The fox 36 factor is fit 4, 160, 51mm offeet. A couple of half finger nail size shallow scratches in kashima, but nothing that affects performance (can’t be seen from far). Fox x2 Installed in 2018. It just had factory service at Fox in May of 2019. Fork has had regular lower service most recently in July 2019. Wheels are industry 9 305 alloy, with i9 turquoise hubs and a few turquoise spikes on each wheel. Wheel bearings were serviced at the end of 2018. Well ridden but extremely well loved and cared for. Full build below

2016 Yeti Sb5.5 carbon
    MEDIUM
    29”
    1x11
    Chris King Bottom Bracket
    CC 40 headset
    XTR SHIFTER
    XTR REAR DERAILEUR
    11x46 xt Cassette
    XT 4 PISTON BRAKES
    MRP CHAIN GUIDE
    Fox factory transfer 150 dropper
    Wolftooth remote
    785 race face 31.8 carbon bar 20mm rise
    Raceface atlas 0 rise , 50 mm length
    Ergon Stealth ge1 factory grips (slim)
    Industry 9 Enduro 305 wheels, 30.5 internal diameter, i9 turquoise TORCH hubs. Minion dhf 2.5 front, minion high roller 2 2.3 rear.
    AMS/Lizard skin protection
    Yeti WTB Volt Saddle.
    Roughly 29ish lbs

Pm me for pictures to get things going but can go into way more detailed pictures if interested. I’m going to price 4250 on Pinkbike, so feel like this is a decent discount for maggots, but willing to here reasonable (key word) offers. Is my price reasonable? I’ll work on getting pictures posted here

In Seattle until 8/17
    Portland 8/17-9/15
    Denver 9/20-10/18

Strongly prefer local pickup but will discuss other options
    Last edited by volklpowdermaniac; 09-01-2019 at 05:17 PM.

That’s reasonable, imo
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

For reference I got a buddy who paid 4250 CAN for a I year old 5.5 demo from the dealer in whistler

with exchange & duty Yeti cost a bit more up narth

don't let it sit there unsold into the fall

get what you can eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yup ^ good point

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    For reference I got a buddy who paid 4250 CAN for a I year old 5.5 demo from the dealer in whistler

with exchange & duty Yeti cost a bit more up narth

don't let it sit there unsold into the fall

get what you can eh
    Plus now that I bought that frame I’m broke and need the money for parts 😆😆🤦🏻♂️😆

so you didn't buy a complete bike just the frame and will be looking to liquidate the 5.5
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^yup. Like I said above, totally financially irresponsible.

What’d you get?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

SB165 frame

3500 seems to be a better hook up price, seems like market is 3700-3900

Just picked up a ‘17 SB6 turq for $2500 shipped. Cosmetically meh but functionally in fine shape. Fox 36 performance, newish XT drivetrain. Otherwise similar spec.

Just a data point, not price police; happy to think I got a smokin’ deal.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Just picked up a ‘17 SB6 turq for $2500 shipped. Cosmetically meh but functionally in fine shape. Fox 36 performance, newish XT drivetrain. Otherwise similar spec.

I9 wheels tho? I say you got a screaming deal, and VPM's bike is a solid hookup at $3500.

I think thats a solid solid deal...jealous actually

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I9 wheels tho? I say you got a screaming deal, and VPM's bike is a solid hookup at $3500.
    No... DT Swiss 1501. Similar price point.

Anyways, yeah, from all my shopping I’d say $3500 isn’t a bad deal at all. 5.5 seems like a hotter bike on the used market, too.
    focus.

No... DT Swiss 1501. Similar price point.

Anyways, yeah, from all my shopping I’d say $3500 isn’t a bad deal at all. 5.5 seems like a hotter bike on the used market, too.
    Similar at retail, but Enduro 305s are going for about double what DT 1501s are used on Pinkbike.
    Doesn't make up a $1000 price difference, you definitely got a great deal, but I agree VPM's price is solid.

Bump. Down to 3350. I don’t know. Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    SB165 frame
    Whoa, wild! Different character of bike! Stoked to see your build.

Are those the only wheels you have for your 5.5? If you have some lower end ones, consider offering a lower price with those and it'll move faster. Seems like people in the used market are often stretching their budget and high end wheels are a low priority. Prolly get more out those wheels on their own.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Just got frame today! So much wetness in my pants.

As soon as I stop cursing at imgur I’ll upload pics.

^ so that’s a decent thought. I don’t have spare wheels, but could conceivably use the wheels for something else.

Having said all that, somewhere else someone was poking interest about frame/fork/dropper (plus wolf tooth lever fwiw)
    What’s that worth you reckon, medium frame, factory kashima transfer 150 dropped with remote and fox 36 factory fit 4, 160mm

Won’t someone buy my bicycle. 3200.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

3000?! yikes.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

That seems like a crazy good deal. Wish I had the funds. Have you tried pink bike yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    That seems like a crazy good deal. Wish I had the funds. Have you tried pink bike yet?

Yeah that’s what I thought too? Oh well, guess just wait it out. Wrong time of year unfortunately. Yep been on pink bike for a few weeks

fuck that noise.

gmen.

When I was shopping for a bike I asked my buddy who owns a bike shop about trading in my old bike for them to move. He told me the used bike market has been absolutely terrible this summer. His point was that he couldn’t really give me much for my old bike. The effect was that I lowballed used bike sales until I found somebody who bit instead of buying a new bike from him.

Could just be bad luck and bad timing, is all....
    focus.

SOLD

fuck that noise.

gmen.

My wallet and wife thank whoever bought this.

There are only so many times you can take $20 in cash out at the grocery before you get caught.