Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I figure Mt Si is worth doing no more than once per decade.
    Then you are doing it wrong. Old Si Trail is always quiet and gives a better, steeper workout. Tennerife via Kamikaze is the toughest of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I always found racing really stressful too. All that work concentrated into a few seconds or minutes.
    Try gymnastics.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Try gymnastics.
    Why? No.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    After watching a bunch of young fuckers flailing at the rope swing at my local lake I swam over and proceeded to drop back flips like it was nothing. Swam back to the boat and popped a beer, put on my straw hat and sunblock ‘cause this old dude ain’t gettin no skin cancer. Pretty sure I showed them.
    wow can I drink your bathwater ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Then you are doing it wrong. Old Si Trail is always quiet and gives a better, steeper workout. Tennerife via Kamikaze is the toughest of the bunch.
    Hey, I just did Teneriffe via Kamikaze last Friday. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. ...And that was after I did the old trail up and down Mailbox in 2:16. My legs are still sore. It might not count though, I’m out of my 40s.
    Kamikaze is almost as much fun as mountain biking.
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Why? No.
    Way more stressful than swimming. Doesn’t even compare.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    Hey, I just did Teneriffe via Kamikaze last Friday. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. ...And that was after I did the old trail up and down Mailbox in 2:16. My legs are still sore. It might not count though, I’m out of my 40s.
    It is definitely a fun trail. Did you bang them out on the same day? That's a huge day of climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    Tell me more about this Kamikaze.

2:16 is strong work. I'm not at that point, what was your time to the top? I rarely track round trip, just the ups

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    core strength...medicine ball...hand weights
    Don't buy either. Just do the Big Three. It's not sexy, but that's how you know it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    HGH
    Yeah, dude. It doesn't do a thing for building muscle, but it's a magic rejuvenating elixir. Recovery in a bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Tell me more about this Kamikaze.

2:16 is strong work. I'm not at that point, what was your time to the top? I rarely track round trip, just the ups
    It was 1:22 from the upper parking lot to the top. It took 6 minutes to get from the car to the start of the real trail.

If you go to Teneriffe Falls then bear right and keep going up, that is Kamikaze. It has a few places where it seems prudent to grab on to something to keep from falling off the trail.
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    wow can I drink your bathwater ?
    Was that not what this thread was about? Huh.

First wake up call for me mid 40s was on a trip to Boston with the family to see my sister's family. We did the usual brick walk stuff then decided to go check out the Bunker Hill monument. It was already a long uphill walk from the parking spot to the building. Wife looked up and said "no way" so I trotted in with the two kids, ages 4 and 6. The steps were bigger than I expected and lots more of them LOL. We passed some dude half way up who was puking out a little window. Did I mention it was hot as hell? Anyway, we made it up, rested a few minutes, then trotted down. Upon exit noticed dozens of people laying in the grass like a combat casualties zone. I could barely walk back to the car. That climb about kicked my ass. Ten years later, pretty sure I can still do it, but would probably take longer, maybe stop for a couple minutes to puke half way up LOL..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Don't buy either. Just do the Big Three. It's not sexy, but that's how you know it works.
    The girl in the first video gives me a chubby

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah no wonder the comments are disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Was that not what this thread was about? Huh.
    Swing and a miss, big fella.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Well that was just mean. Funny. But mean.
    All in good humor. Hey, I'm no badass, either. Swimming is a great equalizer. I've gotten my dick handed to me by 14 year old girls in the pool (ok, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean ).

what's a swimming creeper? A crawler? A breast stroker?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    what's a swimming creeper? A crawler? A breast stroker?
    I believe they're called swim coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Swing and a miss, big fella.
    Well back to the drawing board then.

When I was in my 20's and 30's I had an easy time maintaining my weight. Around 41 I noticed I had to start watching my diet just a little more closely, but still didn't have to increase my workouts or activities. At age 42 I picked up martial arts again so if I got lazy with my diet the extra activity would help maintain my body. Then at around age 45 I noticed a weight gain around the holidays and just figured it was my poor diet choices and that after going back to my normal diet the weight would come off. Unfortunately it didn't and thus began my struggle with controlling my weight. I increased my workouts, dramatically in some areas, and the weight wasn't coming off very easily. This lead to some injuries, which cause me to have to slow down while I healed thus making weight control that much more difficult. At 46 decided that I have to pay much closer attention to my diet. I have started counting calories, while continuing my workouts and activities. It is paying off as I'm losing weight and getting closer to my goal. I've also found that decreasing my cardio a little and increasing my weight training has helped. This the opposite thing that I did in my early 40's because back then I found weight training just made my wider all over and limited my flexibility, which hindered some of my activities like mountain biking.

Yep, our Master's swim coach from when I lived in MA is now banned for life from USA Swimming and removed from the ASCA Hall of Fame. Sadly, for some reason, it does not surprise me even though I never got a creeper feeling from him. But then, I only swam with the masters group and was never really around the kids except when we crossed paths in the locker room or pool deck as practices switched.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    First wake up call for me mid 40s was on a trip to Boston with the family to see my sister's family. We did the usual brick walk stuff then decided to go check out the Bunker Hill monument. It was already a long uphill walk from the parking spot to the building. Wife looked up and said "no way" so I trotted in with the two kids, ages 4 and 6. The steps were bigger than I expected and lots more of them LOL. We passed some dude half way up who was puking out a little window. Did I mention it was hot as hell? Anyway, we made it up, rested a few minutes, then trotted down. Upon exit noticed dozens of people laying in the grass like a combat casualties zone. I could barely walk back to the car. That climb about kicked my ass. Ten years later, pretty sure I can still do it, but would probably take longer, maybe stop for a couple minutes to puke half way up LOL..

You know, in my experience, if you really want to lose weight and stay thin, Giardia is amazingly effective, and requires almost no willpower.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Or a dentist.