Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    I’ve never been a runner, i was a swimmer, but I am running 5 k about 4-5 days a week now. Just turned 50.

This may sound like a terrible idea, but cutting out the booze seems to have massively increased my stamina. It was noticeable. Going on the TRT did too. I was really low. (180). And avoided it for a couple of yrs but my energy level went to shot after 40. I never lose my breath now unless I’m sprinting.

The only real concern is not over doing it and having to rehab something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I thought all you country bumpkins went to that purple place for $10 a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by m0e54d View Post
    I thought all you country bumpkins went to that purple place for $10 a month?
    Name:  Image1669032925.402845.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  80.5 KB

Nobody wants to see Leo.

Everybody wants to talk about TRT.

Tell me more. How do I get it in Japan?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Going on the TRT did too.
    Taking performance enhancing drugs enhances your performance? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    Taking performance enhancing drugs enhances your performance? Crazy.
    Does it really? Sorry, not a steroid expert. I did pack on 10 lbs of muscle in 3 months. Or is it restoring balance to people who are deficient?

TRT at 180 is a performance enhancing drug like insulin for a diabetic is a performance enhancing drug.

Does it really? Sorry, not a steroid expert. I did pack on 10 lbs of muscle in 3 months. Or is it restoring balance to people who are deficient?
    It is entirely natural for T levels to decline in middle age and beyond. It is very rare for T levels to remain similar to what they were in your 20's.

that said, who the fuck cares? 75% of modern medicine is aimed at improving quality of life and this is no different IMO. the consistent blood/hormone panels that go along with TRT have a huge benefit in catching other issues early that someone not getting consistent panels done would not have caught early. PEDs are only bad if they negatively affect your health, or give you an advantage you are not supposed to have in a competition... otherwise, who the fuck cares?

I long for the game I had in my 40s.. Was totally killing it late 40s compared to late 50s.. Going from 50s to 60s is 10X more brutal than going from 30s to 40s. Use it or lose it.. but age and gravity factors can not be entirely countered by exercising more, even a lot more.. 40s is not bad at all though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I’ve never been a runner, i was a swimmer, but I am running 5 k about 4-5 days a week now. Just turned 50.

This may sound like a terrible idea, but cutting out the booze seems to have massively increased my stamina. It was noticeable. Going on the TRT did too. I was really low. (180). And avoided it for a couple of yrs but my energy level went to shot after 40. I never lose my breath now unless I’m sprinting.

The only real concern is not over doing it and having to rehab something new.
    Dang. 180 would be normal if you were like 90. I was in the low 200’s in my early 40’s and started TRT.

What are you using? I was on the gel, but recently tried the pellets and I’m not happy with that. T was really high for the first month but on a steady decline since. After 3 months I’m below where I want to be, but the pellets are supposed to be good for 4-6 months. Plus you ass is sore as hell for a week after the pellets go in.

TRT = testosterone replacement therapy.

testosterone was the original steroid. Increasing your testosterone levels will definitely enhance your athletic performance.

Equating low testosterone to being a diabetic, in my opinion, is very misleading. People are not going into comas due to low testosterone.
    I worry that once you start taking testosterone your body will stop producing what little bit you had, so getting off of it is near impossible (without a huge drop in quality of life).

That being said, I am in no ways against it or judging anyone who is on it, I'd just like people to be informed as it is a complicated issue.

As much as I'd like to have more testosterone, I am not going to consider it unless it is an absolute necessity as I would like my body to run naturally for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Dang. 180 would be normal if you were like 90. I was in the low 200’s in my early 40’s and started TRT.
    Do doctors talk to you about why your test may be so low?

There are many reasons why your testosterone could be repressed, taking in testosterone may "solve" the symptom, but isn't it pointing to a bigger issue? (Stress, lifestyle, diet, drug dependency, etc.)

TRT = testosterone replacement therapy.

testosterone was the original steroid. Increasing your testosterone levels will definitely enhance your athletic performance.

Equating low testosterone to being a diabetic, in my opinion, is very misleading. People are not going into comas due to low testosterone.
    I worry that once you start taking testosterone your body will stop producing what little bit you had, so getting off of it is near impossible (without a huge drop in quality of life).

That being said, I am in no ways against it or judging anyone who is on it, I'd just like people to be informed as it is a complicated issue.

As much as I'd like to have more testosterone, I am not going to consider it unless it is an absolute necessity as I would like my body to run naturally for as long as I can.
    Yep, all true. My post was oversimplified at best. If I was at 180 I may feel like it was a necessity though.

unless it is an absolute necessity as I would like my body to run naturally for as long as I can.
    Even if quality of life is much worse than would likely be experienced on TRT? Being natural isnt inherently healthier or better for you than being medicated. And being medicated allows many people to live more full and fulfilling lives than if they were to live within their natural limits.

Do doctors talk to you about why your test may be so low?

There are many reasons why your testosterone could be repressed, taking in testosterone may "solve" the symptom, but isn't it pointing to a bigger issue? (Stress, lifestyle, diet, drug dependency, etc.)
    Yes, discussed at length w/ my PCP. I had normal weight, good diet and frequent exercise. What actually started conversation was a fracture. Doc said, Skistack, I’ve only seen this in 80 year old women, let’s figure out why this happened. Turns out I had most of the low T symptoms and the blood test confirmed.

What are you using? I was on the gel, but recently tried the pellets and I’m not happy with that. T was really high for the first month but on a steady decline since. After 3 months I’m below where I want to be, but the pellets are supposed to be good for 4-6 months. Plus you ass is sore as hell for a week after the pellets go in.

Ever since I turned 40 I started losing all my energy around 3 pm. I needed a nap. Coincidently when I started working out a again. I’m also a type 2, so who knows what the problem is.

But my doctor tested my T and put me on ando gel, I hated it and never really used it. Then a couple yrs later he gave me the shot. 1 ml every 10 days. My T is around 450-500 now. He told me my 180 was the lowest he’s seen and guys are getting it when they test under 400.

I’m not going to lie, if you want some spring in your step, or on skis, you won’t be disappointed. The energy problem returned, but it definetly helped my mood. A lot of people with low T are mis diagnosed with depression. . But I also workout 4-5 days a week, so it’s a combo.

Yes, discussed at length w/ my PCP. I had normal weight, good diet and frequent exercise. What actually started conversation was a fracture. Doc said, Skistack, I’ve only seen this in 80 year old women, let’s figure out why this happened. Turns out I had most of the low T symptoms and the blood test confirmed.

I would strongly advise you get with an endocrinologist specializing in TRT. Hopefully your GP already has you in touch with one, but they should be the ones running and interpreting your bloods as hormones are complicated AF and figuring out a regimen that works well for you will likely be a bit of an iterative process (one in which you need to do your part to provide brutally honest, consistently tracked feedback to the endocrinologist until you are 100% satisfied). Good luck!

Ever since I turned 40 I started losing all my energy around 3 pm. I needed a nap. Coincidently when I started working out a again. I’m also a type 2, so who knows what the problem is.

But my doctor tested my T and put me on ando gel, I hated it and never really used it. Then a couple yrs later he gave me the shot. 1 ml every 10 days. My T is around 450-500 now. He told me my 180 was the lowest he’s seen and guys are getting it when they test under 400.

I’m not going to lie, if you want some spring in your step, or on skis, you won’t be disappointed. The energy problem returned, but it definetly helped my mood. A lot of people with low T are mis diagnosed with depression. . But I also workout 4-5 days a week, so it’s a combo.
    Yeah, depression and anxiety were big issues for me that improved. Are you doing the shots yourself?

Yeah, depression and anxiety were big issues for me that improved. Are you doing the shots yourself?

Yes, In the thigh, and it hurts the next day.

I’ve got several medical problems, but I concur that leading a less stressful life would have been better for my T. I imagine type 2 doesn’t help either.

All you guys with low testosterone, are you lifting?

I understand that lifting heavy improves the testosterone.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    All you guys with low testosterone, are you lifting?

I understand that lifting heavy improves the testosterone.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Yes, never missed a week in 10 yrs. I noticed no change in strength, just stamina. I can negative split my runs, swims etc. but I also noticed a difference cutting my alcohol by 95%.

I think it’s a much more common problem than people think.

I started doing Muay Thai when I turned 42.
    I get hurt about twice a year with average injury recovery times of 1-2 months.
    Currently my ribs are broken for the second time.
    Usually I have busted up feet or wrists.
    I had an unrelated broken nose as well.
    I'm guessing my Test #'s are high but I haven't seen a doctor since 94 to get my shots for college.

Behold SOLO VS KEVIN FROM IT.
    Kevin is 45
    Solo is 39 and wearing his cup outside his shorts for some reason.

You can still do dumb stuff in your 40's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_icKblo9O0
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solo.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	434889

Also SOLO VS BOB ROSS age 45
    Solo now with his cup inside his shorts taking a huge kick to the head but using it for the win.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ww6gYz-aX0
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solo 3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	434892

^needs moar Nazi midgets but it certainly is heading in that direction... with the speed, class & grace of a goose in a bathroom.

Wait til you hit your 70's (at least in my case) and you start losing your muscle memory. It's not just names or what you came into a room for you forget. One day about 2 years ago I realized I had forgotten how to stand on my pedals going uphill. I can still do it but I have to think about and it's awkward. Songs I used to play on the guitar without thinking--my fingers knew what to do, now I have to work out again. Skating on downhill skis is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Wait til you hit your 70's (at least in my case) and you start losing your muscle memory. It's not just names or what you came into a room for you forget. One day about 2 years ago I realized I had forgotten how to stand on my pedals going uphill. I can still do it but I have to think about and it's awkward. Songs I used to play on the guitar without thinking--my fingers knew what to do, now I have to work out again. Skating on downhill skis is another one.
    My hope is that I get to experience these things. It's going to "suck" but I'd much rather that than the alternative.

My hope is that I get to experience these things. It's going to "suck" but I'd much rather that than the alternative.
    Are you sure? If you've never been dead how do you know it's worse. Maybe we all go to heaven and have great dogs.