Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn, respect.
    Thanks. Years of campus board training with extra weight finally pay of. But I have to be absolutely rested and can't do more than one. A young strong climbing buddy of mine (like 10 strongest here in Germany bouldering V15) can do a one arm pull up with 17kg extra weight on a crimp. That is insane. I can barely hang on that beast maker crimp one handed. But he is 24 and has been training hard since he was 16. Oh well... The fountain of youth.

That's another thing where age comes in. I can't train more than three times a week and need at least two rest days before sending hard. He trains 5 times a week and can do 2 on one off when he is out on rock.

Here is what those young whippersnappers do while training.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Agree, but much easier said than done in a lot of cases. Throw in a serious injury, illness, disease, raising a family, caring for your parents, and the list goes on. And for women, throw in carrying around and extra 30-40 lbs for 9 months that wreaks havoc on your body, dropping a kid out and then caring for it 24/7. Fuck! They have it way worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    At that point in the thread it was being suggested that if you are ill or injured it's impossible to not get fat, which is patently false.
    Danny, impossible was not stated as you can see in my post that you quoted. Easier said than done...absolutely. Maybe not for you, but for many and probably most. Not everyone is a type A personality and certainly, not everyone wants to fast because that just fucking sucks.

Genetics certainly play a role. I'm probably lucky in that department, but I was a vegetarian for 10+ years mid 20's thru 30's and still limit my red meat intake. Low sugar diet, no mcshit food, I haven't had a soda in...I can't remember when...25 years? But I drink a lot of high calories beer and my portions of healthy food are too big. I should probably be 165lb, but I really just don't give a shit because I'm happy and I'm type B.

But I drink a lot of high calories beer
    How can you have a low sugar diet and drink a lot of craft beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    How can you have a low sugar diet and drink a lot of craft beer?
    Low sugar food diet? Beer is sometimes food I guess.

Point being if you drink a lot of high point beer you are not running a low sugar diet. Which then undermines the claim of diet regulation not working. The scale dgaf if you drink 10lbs or eat it.

every Canadian food product has a white label telling you how much a portion is and how much sugar it has but i doubt anybody looksa at it, right now post mtb ride I am drinking a can of soda water on ice avec a big shot of lime which tells me a can is a 355ml serving and its all fucking zero's

I cut out all added sugars including honey and I check the white labels to find the product with the lowest sugar levels, at the same time I cut portion sizes, I lost 15-20lbs i lost the little gut, I went from overweight to a normal BMI and my a1c went down from almost 9 to almost 7

So if you are overeating its more than just being fat and happy it ain't good for your blood sugar

every since the 2 craft brewpubs openned just a few blocks away I have gained 2-3 lbs, my a1c is up maybe half a point and the rent money my tennant brings up stairs no longer lasts til the next time she pays the rent

last year when my back was fucked i did absolutely nothing for 8 weeks, drank a lot of craft brew ate exactly the same as I always do and gained no weight

The year I skied 106 days mostly uphill and quit drinking for 6 months the same thing happened, i neither gained or lost weight

mutherfucking portion control eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Point being if you drink a lot of high point beer you are not running a low sugar diet. Which then undermines the claim of diet regulation not working. The scale dgaf if you drink 10lbs or eat it.
    Huh? Beer doesn't have sugar, or very little. All the sugar has been converted to alcohol during the fermentation process.

My bad - inarticulate. Point being that someone with great spending habits for the most part but a little gambling addiction is going to have awful financial results. Same goes for pairing 'low sugar' diets with high booze consumption. It negates the benefits being sought in the first place.

The emotional attachment to the dope (skittles, porters or cinnamon rolls - doesn't matter) is the undoing of many a plan to regulate weight & energy.

Beer is *ALWAYS* food.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Beer is *ALWAYS* food.

Liquid Bread

beer is food - it's liquid bread

17th century monks went on beer fasts during lent

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Huh? Beer doesn't have sugar, or very little. All the sugar has been converted to alcohol during the fermentation process.
    oy

carbs are sugars. there are simple and complex. the difference between a simple carb
    and complex is how easily it is digested and absorbed

Your fridge should look like this for real success Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190807_150916.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	290535
    Last edited by fastfred; 08-07-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    regret swimming?
    I know a few people who are swimming more now, because of the low impact it has on your body plus the breathing
    Yeah. I just started swimming laps at a late age because it's the ultimate low impact aerobic activity. Waterproof headphones, an edible, and just get into the zone. Awesome.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

These topics go right to the core of deeply personal habits & weaknesses. It's impossible for emotion not to interfere and manipulate you into thinking A or B hybrid plan can work and satisfy your impulse.
    Last edited by Bromontane; 08-07-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Your fridge should look like this for real success Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190807_150916.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	290535

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'd lose weight with a fridge that looked like that... since I wouldn't drink ANY of that shit.

I might finish the gatorade if I was really thirsty.

i notice the vegetable drawer is completely missing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've seen fridges in college dorms that look better than that...

Leffe rocks.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

i agree

Please don't post a picture of your bathroom.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

There's an ounce in the there too. Fully stocked. Just need to figure out dinner

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Not everyone is a type A personality and certainly, not everyone wants to fast because that just fucking sucks.
    1. LOL at the idea that I'm Type A. No one who knows me IRL would say that.

2. You don't need to fast, but you have a lot more wiggle room in your diet if you do. Seeing as how the most common complaints with healthy eating are the cost and time commitment, well, not eating solves those two issues quite nicely.

But I drink a lot of high calories beer
    Beer is good, there's no denying that. Depending on your perspective I'm either lucky or unlucky in that regard. These days alcohol just makes me feel terrible and I've involuntarily cut my intake close to zero.

Athletic performance in your 40s?

Getting close to 2,500 miles on the bike for the year. Woke up this morning at 138lbs at 5’10”. Heat has no effect on me right now, in fact I crave the hot days. Got back a gear while climbing, that always feels good. Trying to lean out as much as possible for the Overland on the 25th. They reopened registration a few times now, looks like about 900 people, mass start!
    https://www.bikereg.com/overland
    crab in my shoe mouth