Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 567
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You mean masters meets? They really aren't bad. The small local meets usually only take a few hours. Nationals, of course, has lots of down time, but you're traveling just to swim so I don't feel like it gets that boring. I'll just go back to my hotel and chill if I've got hours between events. That said, I swim far fewer meets now than I used to. A few per year is plenty.
    Youíre a champ though. Iím pool filler.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You’re a champ though. I’m pool filler.
    Hey, someone's got to fill those outside lanes.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,795
    If your knee is starting to hurt, visit my website @ buckleyourfuckingbootstighter.com

    sent from Utah.
    sigless.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    379
    I was just always trying to go so hard I didn't really look around and enjoy it. Has overall output slowed? probably... But still fit enough to have more well-rounded uninjured fun now, that's all that matters. Maybe just telling myself this cause I can't go back, but I definitely feel more balanced (?) now than 20's or 30's. At least for now, I'm really happy with my 40's performance.

    If 20's me skied with 40's me, he'd be pleased.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    A little slower than I was at 25, but a hell of a lot smarter. Make fewer mistakes, ski and surf smarter, and you will still be out getting the goods.
    ...
    Makes me think this shit will still be a blast in my 50s.
    100%


    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Kindly blow it out your ass dan the fucking man.
    haha! Out loud. Gold.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'm far from competitive but I've been getting up Si or similar hikes at least once a week this summer. After the first hike I checked my time and figured I could beat it, been pushing that time down all summer. I feel like I have that bug again after a few years of not caring.
    Hope I haven't been slowing ya down.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,964
    After watching a bunch of young fuckers flailing at the rope swing at my local lake I swam over and proceeded to drop back flips like it was nothing. Swam back to the boat and popped a beer, put on my straw hat and sunblock Ďcause this old dude ainít gettin no skin cancer. Pretty sure I showed them.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Hope I haven't been slowing ya down.
    Not at all. Just starting to feel like I'm too focused on the same hikes

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,687
    I just think of Si, Tenerife and Mailbox (in addition to Cougar Cuntry) as the hiking equivalent of banging out laps on Nash. But yeah, going further afield would be prudent before the season is over.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,041
    I figure Mt Si is worth doing no more than once per decade.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Hey, someone's got to fill those outside lanes.
    Well that was just mean. Funny. But mean.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I figure Mt Si is worth doing no more than once per decade.

    When the trailhead is 2 miles from your office, that changes. There are far worse places to go to get some fresh air and exercise after work.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    When the trailhead is 2 miles from your office, that changes. There are far worse places to go to get some fresh air and exercise after work.
    I agree- after a hard days work it's often tough to motivate so if it's right there and easy, all the better for maintaining fitness and sanity.
    Our comparable is Snow King, which is the hike highway (but savior) of many a jackson office dwellers.
    little over 2miles one way/ 1600 vertical so a nice bang for the buck
    skid luxury

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Well that was just mean. Funny. But mean.
    The thing is, top swimmers need some chum. The sport is so hard itís impossible to train alone. You need the support.

    I always found racing really stressful too. All that work concentrated into a few seconds or minutes.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I figure Mt Si is worth doing no more than once per decade.
    Then you are doing it wrong. Old Si Trail is always quiet and gives a better, steeper workout. Tennerife via Kamikaze is the toughest of the bunch.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I always found racing really stressful too. All that work concentrated into a few seconds or minutes.
    Try gymnastics.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Try gymnastics.
    Why? No.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,029
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    After watching a bunch of young fuckers flailing at the rope swing at my local lake I swam over and proceeded to drop back flips like it was nothing. Swam back to the boat and popped a beer, put on my straw hat and sunblock Ďcause this old dude ainít gettin no skin cancer. Pretty sure I showed them.
    wow can I drink your bathwater ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Then you are doing it wrong. Old Si Trail is always quiet and gives a better, steeper workout. Tennerife via Kamikaze is the toughest of the bunch.
    Hey, I just did Teneriffe via Kamikaze last Friday. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. ...And that was after I did the old trail up and down Mailbox in 2:16. My legs are still sore. It might not count though, Iím out of my 40s.
    Kamikaze is almost as much fun as mountain biking.
    U.P.: up

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Why? No.
    Way more stressful than swimming. Doesnít even compare.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    Hey, I just did Teneriffe via Kamikaze last Friday. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. ...And that was after I did the old trail up and down Mailbox in 2:16. My legs are still sore. It might not count though, Iím out of my 40s.
    Kamikaze is almost as much fun as mountain biking.
    It is definitely a fun trail. Did you bang them out on the same day? That's a huge day of climbing.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    Hey, I just did Teneriffe via Kamikaze last Friday. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. ...And that was after I did the old trail up and down Mailbox in 2:16. My legs are still sore. It might not count though, Iím out of my 40s.
    Kamikaze is almost as much fun as mountain biking.
    Tell me more about this Kamikaze.

    2:16 is strong work. I'm not at that point, what was your time to the top? I rarely track round trip, just the ups

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    core strength...medicine ball...hand weights
    Don't buy either. Just do the Big Three. It's not sexy, but that's how you know it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    HGH
    Yeah, dude. It doesn't do a thing for building muscle, but it's a magic rejuvenating elixir. Recovery in a bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Tell me more about this Kamikaze.

    2:16 is strong work. I'm not at that point, what was your time to the top? I rarely track round trip, just the ups
    It was 1:22 from the upper parking lot to the top. It took 6 minutes to get from the car to the start of the real trail.

    If you go to Teneriffe Falls then bear right and keep going up, that is Kamikaze. It has a few places where it seems prudent to grab on to something to keep from falling off the trail.
    U.P.: up

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    wow can I drink your bathwater ?
    Was that not what this thread was about? Huh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •