-10mm skinny protest build? anyone skiing these?

Just curious if anyone has a review, sometimes I felt that I didnt need the girth of a 130mm ski but the shape is $.

Isn’t that a wooTest?

^^^That's my understanding.

a 120mm protest is a wootest? I just noticed on praxis' website that they offered a +10mm / -10 mm width option. If its a wootest let me know and i can nuke this thread

I thought wootest had some minor other changes to make it BC friendly?

But yeah, basically a skinny Protest.

-10mm skinny protest build? anyone skiing these?

Wootest turning radius is 5m greater and waist is 15mm narrower than Protest. The rest of the specs are different, too. It's a different ski, not just reduced width.

Edit: but I haven't skied the Wootest, so I couldn't tell you whether they have the same feel. I think that was the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Wootest turning radius is 5m greater and waist is 15mm narrower than Protest. The rest of the specs are different, too. It's a different ski, not just reduced width.

Edit: but I haven't skied the Wootest, so I couldn't tell you whether they have the same feel. I think that was the goal.
    OG Wootest was a -10mm Protest. Then Keith tweaked it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Interesting. Haven’t paid to much attention to the wootest so didn’t know about the updated design. Good to know. Sounds like evilE wants a narrow protest/OG wootest, so a different ski than the updated version.
    There is a thread about the OG wootest that should give you an idea of the skinny protest, E.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post

This...

Just my personal 2cents (and fwiw I’ve said this before), the idea of dropping the Protest 10mm on it’s head doesn’t seem to really encompass what folks would hope to imagine. I also haven’t skiied the wootest but from my very thorough readings it just isn’t that. That said is exactly why I so thoroughly enjoyed the ChxTest thread, because it was such an idea orgy of tweaks that would need to be made to make a ski of somewhat similar proportions work in a slimmer design, fun stuff I thought. Obviously the woo 2.0 did a lot of that but not really enough to do the idea justice (once again, have NOT skied either Woo). I am pretty much as big a Praxis fanboi as there is, for my personal taste they really are the best skis for me evar, match up stylistically perfectly and being able to adjust for core, flex, topsheet construction and design all for the best priced skis on the planet makes me a diehard (not to mention the rad graphic options)! But on its head, and on design (also, without skiing them) I think the Lithic Arlo is the altered skinny Chx test we all talked about for so long. This is obviously all just my opinion minus testing. I have decided that when I can finally purchase a Lithic it will most likely be the Cohen, and I fully plan to do so someday. As much as I love this idea that I just spent waaaaaay to much drunk time discussing, a stiff light Protest will pretty much always be better than anything else you’ll ever find I this category, but IMHO it sounds like Lithic nailed the skinny Protest.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

And there's the blister pieces about them;

Wootest gen 1

https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/praxis-wootest

...and Wootest 2.0

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...is-wootest-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

^^^ this ^^^ after feedback showed that scaling down a ski doesn't get you a scaled down "equivalent" ski.

A partial redesign is necessary in many cases (seemingly in the case of the Protest) ... hence, the Wootest 2.0.

Having said, that (and until release of The Ski), a -10 Rx really had my attention.

I have too many skis & guitars.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I have a Woo you can have for a screaming deal - PM if interested.