Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    To indemnify you it's the 2k. Good luck finding that enthusiast to pay 6-7k. While it sucks, the balance is in when you just sign up and they pay out on your shiny new car. That said, you may want to follow up on your history as the teams that handle the small dollar stuff are purely churn/volume focused.
    Can you repeat this in idiot language please? Finding enthusiast buyer would have been no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    All you peeps whining about the high cost of insurance have me laughing. I have two teens going on our policy this year. Just adding the first one to the cheaper car tripled what my wife and I were paying for full coverage on two cars. Another one will be added this December. Holy shit kids are expensive..
    You guys complaining about 2 teens have me laughing. I had 3 male teens on 5 cars for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    but 3 pages in I think its the op who is trying to fuck the insurance co
    Why? because I want my perfectly operating vehicle repaired under the insurance I pay for? Not sure how that defines as trying to fuck anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Can you repeat this in idiot language please? Finding enthusiast buyer would have been no problem.
    In that case, take the insurance money and sell the car for another $2k “as is” to an enthusiast. They would be happy to pay 1/3 of the value even with such minor damage, right?

Why? because I want my perfectly operating vehicle repaired under the insurance I pay for? Not sure how that defines as trying to fuck anyone.
    An answer based in reality that is probably as harsh a statement as " the insurance co is trying to fuck me " but someone should say it , face it that car is so old it probably came over on the deck of the Mayflower

if you want to keep driving the car buy it and fix it yerself

but it sounds like you are whining
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-05-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Why? because I want my perfectly operating vehicle repaired under the insurance I pay for?.
    That’s the funny thing about contracts. They say what they say, regardless of what you want them to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    In that case, take the insurance money and sell the car for another $2k “as is” to an enthusiast. They would be happy to pay 1/3 of the value even with such minor damage, right?
    This.

I take it you're a claims adjuster because of course no insurance company has ever tried to fuck anyone. Or dentist. Both? Safeco stockholder?

Mayflower was only a little bit before the year of manufacture, and I'm stoked for you that you can buy whatever you want whenever you want it, but sadly that's not my jam at the moment.

It's clear you are convinced I have no idea WTF I'm talking about but I've been an enthusiast for a long time and, believe it or not, have some semblance of an idea of whence I speak when it comes to these vehicles. Hard for you to believe, I know cuz, ya know, you got it all happening, but I could have sold it, had I wanted to for something around 7-10k.

I have a well maintained, somewhat collectible (among enthusiasts) vehicle that I like. To replace it with something of equal-ish fun and function will cost me $25k +. While I am reasonably aware of what reality is, It's not whining to suggest it's reasonable to be made somewhat whole as that's ostensibly what I pay the insurance premiums for.

So yeah, thanks for your help. And thanks also to those who actually shared some useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    An answer based in reality that is probably as harsh a statement as " the insurance co is trying to fuck me " but someone should say it , face it that car is so old it probably came over on the deck of the Mayflower

if you want to keep driving the car buy it and fix it yerself

but it sounds like you are whining

"I know cuz, ya know, you got it all happening, but I could have sold it, had I wanted to for something around 7-10k."

Can't you find one for 7-10k? Lot less than 25K.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^ Why? I have a known quantity, set up the way I like it, with a bent hood and broken headlight. Otherwise just fine.

I just want them give me enough money for decent repair, and not call it a total loss. If I have to buy it back after a total they won't have given me enough to fix it (if their offer remains where it is), and I'll have a salvage title which is a further devaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That’s the funny thing about contracts. They say what they say, regardless of what you want them to say.
    Nothing like two parties of equal sophistication bargaining over the terms of an insurance contract before any money changes hands.

Ask your insurance approx how much your premium will increase with the claim on your record.

Have you found a body shop to work with? Get one or two recommendations from your mechanic. Take your car there and get a quote for the repairs. The body shop should be willing to work with the parts that you find yourself as long as they are the correct parts.

Run the calculation of how much you’ll be paying with higher premium from insurance compared to paying out of pocket. Plus dealing with a “salvaged” title, if they do that in your state.

With my land cruiser, it was a no brainer to cancel my claim.

I wanted to say this, but your language is better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Nothing like two parties of equal sophistication bargaining over the terms of an insurance contract before any money changes hands.

Thanks. I've reached out to my broker for some of these answers.

Funny you should mention the LC. This has made me wonder if I should try to get some sort of stated value policy on my hundy.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Ask your insurance approx how much your premium will increase with the claim on your record.

Have you found a body shop to work with? Get one or two recommendations from your mechanic. Take your car there and get a quote for the repairs. The body shop should be willing to work with the parts that you find yourself as long as they are the correct parts.

Run the calculation of how much you’ll be paying with higher premium from insurance compared to paying out of pocket. Plus dealing with a “salvaged” title, if they do that in your state.

With my land cruiser, it was a no brainer to cancel my claim.

I take it you're a claims adjuster because of course no insurance company has ever tried to fuck anyone. Or dentist. Both? Safeco stockholder?

Mayflower was only a little bit before the year of manufacture, and I'm stoked for you that you can buy whatever you want whenever you want it, but sadly that's not my jam at the moment.

It's clear you are convinced I have no idea WTF I'm talking about but I've been an enthusiast for a long time and, believe it or not, have some semblance of an idea of whence I speak when it comes to these vehicles. Hard for you to believe, I know cuz, ya know, you got it all happening, but I could have sold it, had I wanted to for something around 7-10k.

I have a well maintained, somewhat collectible (among enthusiasts) vehicle that I like. To replace it with something of equal-ish fun and function will cost me $25k +. While I am reasonably aware of what reality is, It's not whining to suggest it's reasonable to be made somewhat whole as that's ostensibly what I pay the insurance premiums for.

So yeah, thanks for your help. And thanks also to those who actually shared some useful information.

so its clear you have deep feelings for that 22 year old almost classic almost enthusiast almost whatever car the value of which does not show up on the blue/black/whatever fucking color book but in any case just forget the claim, fix it your self, cancel your collision coverage and then tell the class again why you have collision on something so old the insurance co will write it off for a nothing dent ?

if its worth what you say its worth should you not have it insured for that value

and you did not if i read this right ?

It should be all there on the policy

if its not who is attempting to fuck whom ?

Oh and none of the above, up here everbuddy insures with ICBC so one government insurance co for the whole fucking province, one HC provider for the whole fucking country ... fucking communists in charge eh ?

Thank you doctor. I'll be in for my cleaning soon. I'll admire your properly government insured Bentley in the parking lot on my way in.

Class, I have collision because I thought it would protect my car if it got fucked up. Silly me. Learn something new every day, eh hoser?

Thanks again for the useful advice.

Class I have collision because I thought .
    you dina read the policy, how much money i made doing route canals is of no concern if you can't even read a fucking insurance policy

in any case thots and prayers eh

oh and don't go postal and shoot anyone

I'm not an adjuster, but have worked with them at various points in my career. Plenty of people complain about insurance not delivering what was promised, but usually that's due to one of two reasons, which I'll get to in a second.
    Insurance is the MOST regulated industry out there. That price hike? Has to get signed off by the state commissioner. Terms and conditions? Largely set by law or precedent. There's some level of interpretation allowed by adjusters, but 90% of it is out of their hands, and for small stuff like this, they're probably carrying a rotating load of 60-100 claims or are just a contact name on an automated process that's completely hands off.
    Now, the reasons people feel like they get screwed are in a couple categories:
    1. They didn't read/understand the terms and conditions to understand explicitly what indemnification is - 100% understood, this annoys insurance employees too. "Made whole" is a nebulous concept to people but has some very straightforward applications. In this case you get actual market value based on a large population of used car sale values and general known repair costs. Whatever number is less (total value or repair), you get. No flukes, no high points in the market. No "I know what I have" without excessive documentation, as companies have very up to date used values.
    2. Sunk cost fallacy/historical payments - as there's no option to deny a brand new policyholder the option to claim damages in excess of their payments, the reverse can't be true or there would be no way to make money.

That said, there is a priority to keep customers happy, so if you reach out I'm sure they'll at least try to help, just don't be a dick about it as I know for a fact the Frontline folks bust their asses constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    "I know cuz, ya know, you got it all happening, but I could have sold it, had I wanted to for something around 7-10k."

Can't you find one for 7-10k? Lot less than 25K.
    Exactly. Find some ads showing folks selling the same year Saab with the same features and very similar mileage to 'enthusiasts' with a price in the $7-10k range, send them to the adjuster (who is likely carrying 150-200 claims, BTW) and make your arguments. Until you do that, you are just full of hot air.

Best post yet. Thank you.

I am absolutely guilty of not understanding the coverage and fine points of my policy. While no excuse, I suspect most people do the same thing because we make similar [mistaken] presumptions about their coverage, which leads to this feeling of having your ass gaped when the reality is revealed.

This and all the "why's" that have been related herein are interesting and of course the industry is in business to make money, which clearly they do in spades. Just another example of" buyer beware".

Shit, I loved my 9-3,aerocombi but the second it was out of warranty I ditched it. Lived in the shop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Just curious. Can you even get Saab parts that aren't used or refurbs? Or were there a lot of GM parts in those cars?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A 96 9000 aero with less than half the mileage and in actual mint condition went for just $7600 yesterday on BAT, a far cry away from 10-20k.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...b-9000-aero-2/
    Live Free or Die

I agree with you. We have USAA, been with them about 35 years. The annual insurance on my 06 Volvo is the same as my wife's 2016 BMW? If she totals her car they are likely going to pay out $25k+, so why total mine for $2k in damages? I guess I need to call them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.