19/20 Salomon Shift Pre-Order Offer

I offer good discounts to my customers in the UK/EU for items pre-ordered during the summer. Due to our current Brexit woes the GBP has recently taken a further bashing against the US$ but the upside of that means that my US based customers can now buy even cheaper.

My 19/20 stock order for Shifts arrives early September and I'm currently taking pre-orders for them. The cost for one set of bindings with any of the 90mm, 100mm, 110mm or 120mm brake widths is GBP340.00 including FedEx/UPS shipping to the US (assumes a destination not classified as remote). Further discounts can be obtained for multiple sets.

I'll also have the Shift crampons in both the 100mm and 120mm widths at GBP45.00 per set shipped when ordered with a set of bindings.

Payment can be made directly by VISA/MasterCard but most of my US customers prefer me to send them a Paypal invoice. You'll be charged in GBP so the exact GBP/US$ exchange rate you get is determined by your card provider/Paypal but at todays rate the GBP340 for the bindings will be approx $425 shipping. US based customers can make personal imports up to $800 in value including shipping before any fees are applied.

PM me if interested.

I don’t need another pair of Shifts, but I do need a pair of 120mm crampons. For anyone that’s ordering bindings, mind if I tag along on your order? Happy to pay for additional shipping but would be even better if you’re in the Bay Area.

Thanks Spyderjon for doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hmm if this brexit thing keeps going it may be a sweet deal to lock in this 340lb price now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    I don’t need another pair of Shifts, but I do need a pair of 120mm crampons......
    I can ship a pair of Shift crampons to the US by standard snailmail (will be delivered by USPS which needs signing for but isn't tracked) for GBP58.00.

What is the price, if shipped to Germany? They will be taken to the USA. What are the VAT implications?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I bought some skis in Germany and brought them back to the states. Got the VAT refunded at the airport but it was in 2002 so I don't remember the process.

Not so helpful I guess but it is possible.

How big of a discount could you order for ordering 4 pairs?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    What is the price, if shipped to Germany? They will be taken to the USA. What are the VAT implications?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I bought some skis in Germany and brought them back to the states. Got the VAT refunded at the airport but it was in 2002 so I don't remember the process......Not so helpful I guess but it is possible.
    The rules changed in 2006 regarding US persons purchasing tax free goods when visiting the UK/EU. Here's the requirements: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel...fund/10751983/

schindlerpiste, if I'm sending goods within the UK/EU I have to charge VAT so if I ship you in Germany I have to charge you the VAT and there's no way you can reclaim the tax when leaving Germany to return to the US. It'd be a lot cheaper for you to have me ship the goods directly to your US address (or a buddy etc). UK/EU based retailers have to be able to prove that they shipped the goods directly to the US to allow them to make the VAT free sale and it's a criminal offence to dodge it.

The only exception is, as detailed in the above link, is that if the shopper is buying in person in the store (ie whilst on holiday) and that the store is a member of the "Tax Free" scheme, and even then the paperwork procdeure has to be followed to the letter. The Tax Free scheme is a bureaucratic nightmare for the retailer so the only stores that tend to be members of the scheme are those selling high value high margin easily transported goods like high end fashion retailers and jewellers. I don't know a single snowsports retailer that is a member.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    How big of a discount could you order for ordering 4 pairs?
    4 pairs would be GBP1240 shipped (ie circa $1550 = $388 each). However, as the shipped value exceeds the US's $800 import value threshold you'd need to pay fees at your end on the full shipped cost. This'd be your state tax and a probably a small customs clearance fee. You're still going to be saving a bundle but you need to check this out in advance yourself.

Also detrusor is selling a couple of pairs of as new Shifts here if the brake widths work for you:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...fts-110-brakes
    &
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...fts-120-brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    4 pairs would be GBP1240 shipped (ie circa $1550 = $388 each). However, as the shipped value exceeds the US's $800 import value threshold you'd need to pay fees at your end on the full shipped cost. This'd be your state tax and a probably a small customs clearance fee. You're still going to be saving a bundle but you need to check this out in advance yourself.

Also detrusor is selling a couple of pairs of as new Shifts here if the brake widths work for you:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...fts-110-brakes
    &
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...fts-120-brakes
    I did some research and wasn't able to figure it out. Some websites said 10% tax and others said no tax haha. I am based out of Washington or Idaho if you've shipped to either of those states. Otherwise I'll just find something in the states. I'd be looking to buy 4-5 pairs. Thanks either way

The tax he’s talking about is an import tax but you may have to also pay state sales tax?: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo...rnet-purchases

If your ordering these for multiple people it may be best to just have two of you order two pairs since that will probably be below the $800 exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by m19ab1 View Post
    The tax he’s talking about is an import tax but you may have to also pay state sales tax?: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo...rnet-purchases

If your ordering these for multiple people it may be best to just have two of you order two pairs since that will probably be below the $800 exemption.
    Doing two separate orders (separate addresses & credit cards too) would work for me. Spyderjon does that work for you?

Yep, that'd work.

I'm in for a pair or two shipped to Switzerland. Shouldn't be a problem to knock of the VAT.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    I'm in for a pair or two shipped to Switzerland. Shouldn't be a problem to knock of the VAT.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yes, me exporting to Switzerland is VAT free - you'd have to pay the Swiss import fees whatever they are. I had a good few Swiss based customers for Shifts last season so any import fees levied can't be too bad but you'll need to check what the value threshold is. Note that the value also includes the shipping cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Yes, me exporting to Switzerland is VAT free - you'd have to pay the Swiss import fees whatever they are. I had a good few Swiss based customers for Shifts last season so any import fees levied can't be too bad but you'll need to check what the value threshold is. Note that the value also includes the shipping cost.
    For CH it's 65 CHF including shipping before tax is levied.

PM'd for invoice, shipping to 98115

My first shipment of Shifts in all widths plus both crampon widths arrives on Mon 2nd Sept and I'm able to hold the GBP340 price as detailed in my original post.

Just seeing this. Late to the party.

Still available?
    watch out for snakes