Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    So what’s the reasoning for the harassment and shitty remarks some people feel they constantly need to direct to mtgrl? Tbsux does bring up some valid points about how she’s targeted. The shits not that funny anymore it would be better for everyone just to shut the fuck up at let it go on both sides. People’s ability to rationalize their behavior and hide behind their screen names to do this shit online because they know it’s completely unacceptable in their real lives still amazes me
    +1
    (I don’t believe it’s directed at you danno)

^^^^Didn't sound like he was accusing you, just asking a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

So what’s the reasoning for the harassment and shitty remarks some people feel they constantly need to direct to mtgrl? e
    Who gives a fuck?

I don’t think cyber bullying is a thing any adult who voluntarily posts anonymously on a public forum can claim. It’s not as if all these people were in the cafeteria pointing at her and laughing when she walked into junior high today.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    I was referring to...
    I know what you are referring to
    I was one of the people that flagged the posts

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Ok. Me, door.
    Thank you

You know how I know you are creepy?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    why are you asking me? Have I harassed her or made these shitty remarks? Or even condoned remarks made by others?

You want answers, direct your questions to the people you think are displaying this kind of behavior.
    Just asking in general not trying to point any fingers
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

So what’s the reasoning for the harassment and shitty remarks some people feel they constantly need to direct to mtgrl? Tbsux does bring up some valid points about how she’s targeted. The shits not that funny anymore it would be better for everyone just to shut the fuck up at let it go on both sides. People’s ability to rationalize their behavior and hide behind their screen names to do this shit online because they know it’s completely unacceptable in their real lives still amazes me
    You could try AlpineZone (seriously... what you describe requires much more aggressive moderation). Mtngrl is a glutton for punishment, refuses to let sleeping dogs lie, ignores pleas for reasonable conduct, etc. And as a consequence people are vicious towards her. Action & reaction, just as fair as it is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I bet it was on a yacht in St. Bart's
    Or Common Law's timeshare?

Danno skyped in from the bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This place turns boys into men and girls into women. TGR's Padded Room ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as this place. But it ain’t about how hard you’re hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward? That’s how winning is done.

Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not point fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This place turns boys into men and girls into women. TGR's Padded Room ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as this place. But it ain’t about how hard you’re hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.

Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not point fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that.

Hopefully, the weekend will help smooth out what has turned into a rocky week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    You could try AlpineZone (seriously... what you describe requires much more aggressive moderation). Mtngrl is a glutton for punishment, refuses to let sleeping dogs lie, ignores pleas for reasonable conduct, etc. And as a consequence people are vicious towards her. Action & reaction, just as fair as it is necessary.
    Greg from Alpine Zone sounds like a bitch. So it’s people’s responsibility to punish her for what she says on a Internet forum...at least you have an answer that makes some sense even though it doesn’t seem like the way to deal with it
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I still want to know why the thread was deleted after everything had died down. Kinda seems like making of a martyr...

Either way. Call me what you want. It's not as if I don't know it's all true.

The real hurt is when I make the mistake of thinking things might be different, that I might have finally figured out how to be a valuable human being...

So carry on. Make sure I dont forget, excellent humans of TGR.

Posting pics and commenting thereon: the creepy thread

I’m guessing the OP felt it was fubar plain and simple & nuked it to end the relentless screwing it was taking by the tangent it was on

Greg from Alpine Zone sounds like a bitch. So it’s people’s responsibility to punish her for what she says on a Internet forum...at least you have an answer that makes some sense even though it doesn’t seem like the way to deal with it
    While I antagonize her a bit there are quite a few things said to/about her that bother me (agreed many things are over the line). But it's wrapped up in this dynamic where she throttles a particular thread & sucks any & all focus towards her pet topic... so how can we expect it to go anywhere other than the extremes seen here? If she doesn't reform the way she interacts there won't be enough community support to ward off the nasty comments. Not to say it's her fault people say odious things - just that she holds the key to stop it.

I agree with you but I think some people here feel compelled to post because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I can post anything I want but you cant post anything that I dont want to see....

Remember when that nice man got his arm trapped under a bolder and subsequently cut it off with his Swiss army knife in order to extricate himself? Nuking that other thread was kinda like that...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Posting pics and commenting thereon: the creepy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    While I antagonize her a bit there are quite a few things said to/about her that bother me (agreed many things are over the line). But it's wrapped up in this dynamic where she throttles a particular thread & sucks any & all focus towards her pet topic... so how can we expect it to go anywhere other than the extremes seen here? If she doesn't reform the way she interacts there won't be enough community support to ward off the nasty comments. Not to say it's her fault people say odious things - just that she holds the key to stop it.
    I don’t know maybe the grown up thing would be not to keep feeding her with the extreme responses what do I know this is just a ski forum, now if we could do something about the couple of idiots in polyass that would make an improvement

I don’t know maybe the grown up thing would be not to keep feeding her with the extreme responses what do I know this is just a ski forum
    not responding to people you think are messing up the forum or a particular thread is a time-honored admonishment. One that has never been followed in the history of the internet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    not responding to people you think are messing up the forum or a particular thread is a time-honored admonishment. One that has never been followed in the history of the internet.
    I put three people on ignore and it made polyass tolerable again so there’s that

I don’t know maybe the grown up thing would be not to keep feeding her with the extreme responses what do I know this is just a ski forum, now if we could do something about the couple of idiots in polyass that would make an improvement
    The whole new thread doesn't seemed to have helped much either. Good intentions aside. Maybe time to nuke it?

I put three people on ignore and it made polyass tolerable again so there’s that
    I haven't been in there since the password went up. But I expect it's full of the same people, making the same posts, talking past each other

The threads are not the problem here.....

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I haven't been in there since the password went up. But I expect it's full of the same people, making the same posts, talking past each other
    You’d be right

yeah, ignore function helps. but most people don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The whole new thread doesn't seemed to have helped much either. Good intentions aside. Maybe time to nuke it?
    I hate thread deletions, so as the OP I can tell you it is highly unlikely I would delete this one. And I see no Roolz reason for it to be deleted either. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin