Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Come on Eeyore, you can afford to fly. Hint: The money doesn't need to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I gave up on New England skiing (even though I'm still a fan), when I moved to DC. 4 hours in a plane to the West beats 12 hours in a car to New England every time in my book.
    Except it's really an hour in traffic getting to the airport where you spend at least two hours checking bags and going through security to get on a play that may or may not get you there in 4 hours... to wait for bags that may not arrive and then you don't even have your own 4wd snow tire equipped vehicle. 12 hour drive is really the minimum break even point for flying versus driving..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I gave up on New England skiing (even though I'm still a fan), when I moved to DC. 4 hours in a plane to the West beats 12 hours in a car to New England every time in my book.
    Except it's really an hour in traffic getting to the airport where you spend at least two hours checking bags and going through security to get on a play that may or may not get you there in 4 hours... to wait for bags that may not arrive and then you don't even have your own 4wd snow tire equipped vehicle. 12 hour drive is really the minimum break even point for flying versus driving..

It's worth it for skiing above the tree line, especially if it dumps.. But, flying is a huge hassle in every other regard.

No it's really not like that. I can roll out of bed and be in the condo 8-9 hours later no problem. It just costs money.

No it's really not like that. I can roll out of bed and be in the condo 8-9 hours later no problem. It just costs money.
    How much does it cost to get around a weather related problem at your destination airport or one that prevents your plane or pilot from even arriving at your departure airport??

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    How much does it cost to get around a weather related problem at your destination airport or one that prevents your plane or pilot from even arriving at your departure airport??
    Don't be a downer Debby, dude.

Come on Eeyore, you can afford to fly. Hint: The money doesn't need to last forever.
    It's not the airfare, or the lift tickets in the Ikon era, it's the bed. You lucked out and bought a condo when normal people could afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Don't be a downer Debby, dude.
    I'm not the one dissing Baltimore area ski options

Well, the consensus is that there are no real options, besides flying. So...

Hey i stuck up for Whitetail. I got a lot of miles in at that place. Had fun, got my money's worth and then some. No issues with that place at all. Nice facilities, fast lifts, 100% snowmaking and they aren't afraid to hit the "on" switch for the snowmaking. All good.

But 300 miles on 95 to New Haven to 91 to Killington? nah. Not me. I'd rather not ski. Plenty of other shit to do in the world.

Well, from Baltimore, 83 to 81 to Binghamton, turn East to Albany, then decide Killington or Gore. More like eight hours. So, fuck, it's pretty much all day for me now at 4.5 hours to Killington, so, what's the difference? More podcasts.

I wouldn't know.

Jetsetter.

Three times a year on Southwest, I can budget for that. BWI->SLC direct. 4:15 out, 3:45 back. No hurdle for a high stepper.

Tell me about Baltimore

Yeah. Sigh.

Awesome road biking, though.
    You need to get over your weird prejudice that cycling is better in the East than the West. Especially when you admitted that you haven’t ridden in the West. I mean I think it’s because you’ve seen pictures of people riding in the flat suburbs of Denver or something.
    Also priorities Bennie. When I lived in New York I would fly to Squaw/JH to ski because I I skied about eight or nine places in the east and they all fucking sucked.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    You need to get over your weird prejudice that cycling is better in the East than the West. Especially when you admitted that you haven’t ridden in the West. I mean I think it’s because you’ve seen pictures of people riding in the flat suburbs of Denver or something.
    Also priorities Bennie. When I lived in New York I would fly to Squaw/JH to ski because I I skied about eight or nine places in the east and they all fucking sucked.
    I've ridden in the west. Summit County in the summer, Denver, Montana, Moab (yes, some good roads there), Jackson, Enchanted loop around Taos. I'll take the East, thank you. Not enough roads out there, and it's mostly all up, up, up, and then down, sharing the pass roads with everyone else, including trucks, because that's all there is. I'd probably be a mountain biker if I lived out west, like I'd be a gravel rider if I lived in Vermont.

Hey, this is like an East Coast vs West Coast rappers duel.

Yes, everyone please fly out west to do your skiing. You too, Benny.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Classic TGR upper middle class cluelessness. Just jump on a plane and spend thousands because Vermont suppsedly "sucks". Just like the, whatareyouliving there for stuff. Just move to the rockies! Priorities!

The soul of VT skiing is real though. Especially Mad River. When that place goes off, there's no place like it on earth. Gore also rocks when the snow is good.

Southwest to Denver or SLC is also a great option as Ice has already mentioned.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Plus, you can score a one bedroom condo near Killington for 60 grand.

Plus, you can score a one bedroom condo near Killington for 60 grand.
    That's pretty cheap, but K sucks so I guess it's worth it.

Ha, Baltimorons making fun of VT skiing. Enjoy Whitetail.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Dude...that's not Mad River.