Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Don't forget, Bunny's a local. It don't matter, right now Baltimore love is Baltimore love.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Yeah, open to that local thing, but, seriosly, I have spent a ton of time in this city and burbs over the past almost twenty years. I scoffed it off like many do, including our shithead Prez., but have learned to know it and love it.

Hit the original Wharf Rat bar in Fells Point. Great bar, some other good haunts in Fells Point as well. Also, one of the best series ever, Homicide: Life in the Streets was shot around there. One of the Fells Point’s bars has the actual open case whiteboard from the series mounted on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Tell me about Baltimore

Also, in the neighborhoods near fells points, some great Italian and central/eastern european food on the various saints days festivals, if that’s still going on.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Bmore has soul.
    The new money is OK, but that's not what charm city is about.
    Yeah I brought up the new stuff just to make the point the place hasn't been and isn't about to be abandoned, that a lot of investment is going on as we speak. People are a lot more genuine and friendly than DC for sure. Headlines to the contrary people pretty much get along. Even though it's a majority-black city there's a lot of white folks around, even in the sketchy neighborhoods (they're mostly pretty sketchy white people there though).

Hipsters are a presence in areas but they've far from taken over. It's a cool place. Too hot in the summer for sure as Benny said, but he was right about spring and fall, they're really nice. I like it there. Natty Boh is brewed in North Carolina and is a brand of Pabst now though.

^^yeah TMD is a very good radio station for sure.

The maglev train to DC looks fairly certain to happen and when it does Baltimore real estate is gonna jump.

Very eye opening documentary I saw last year was set in Baltimore

Here's a few pics I took over the past few days of riding. Remember, this is a half hour to deep downtown.

One is a kinda crappy pic of about forty to fifty hounds out for their walk near the hunt club.

X

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My greatgrandparents, my grandparents, and my mom are all buried under the same monument in Baltimore. Solid German immigrant stock from the 1800s.
    Like H.L. Menken, ja?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Here's a few pics I took over the past few days of riding. Remember, this is a half hour to deep downtown.

One is a kinda crappy pic of about forty to fifty hounds out for their walk near the hunt club.

You ride to hounds?!!!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You ride to hounds?!!!
    They actually moved them over so I could get by on the bike.

The potential for mutilation is high. If those people were evil, I could have been fucked up with a few commands. Never seen so many dogs of the same breed in one place. And they were prime specimens.

The discrased Mayor tours one of the wonderful ‘hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They actually moved them over so I could get by on the bike.

The potential for mutilation is high. If those people were evil, I could have been fucked up with a few commands. Never seen so many dogs of the same breed in one place. And they were prime specimens.

Chaps for pit beef.
    watch out for snakes

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Baltimore's one of those citys that exemplifies lots of the themes of the 20th century. Industrialization & de-Industrialization. Explicit racial segregation - white people couldn't own homes in black neighborhoods & vice versa. A moneyed leisure class that mostly moved away. A learned literate scene (Mencken, Fitzgerald, Stein, etc) that disappeared. Worked in the district in question for a short time, and it had some quirky places, wish I'd explored more of them. It's strange thinking about it because it was "pre-internet food" and discovery was harder, but also more revealing because you didn't end up with a bunch of other internet people.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Love me some softshells.
    ....and blue claws, too!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Baltimore's one of those citys that exemplifies lots of the themes of the 20th century. Industrialization & de-Industrialization. Explicit racial segregation - white people couldn't own homes in black neighborhoods & vice versa. A moneyed leisure class that mostly moved away. A learned literate scene (Mencken, Fitzgerald, Stein, etc) that disappeared. Worked in the district in question for a short time, and it had some quirky places, wish I'd explored more of them. It's strange thinking about it because it was "pre-internet food" and discovery was harder, but also more revealing because you didn't end up with a bunch of other internet people.
    White people couldn’t own homes in black neighborhoods? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    White people couldn’t own homes in black neighborhoods? Really?
    technically it was white people couldn't move into majority black neighborhoods and black people into majority white neighborhoods:
    https://digitalcommons.law.umaryland...98&context=mlr
    suburbs had other policys
    https://baltimorebrew.com/2010/03/15...wspapers-role/

Google Maps took us from Hopkins to DC through one of the worse sections of any city I've seen, anywhere. Can't remember the last time I was so unnerved driving a car. Wife and kids with me. Burnt out buildings everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 11.59.29 PM.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	925.2 KB 
ID:	289610