two field based avalanche forecasting positions

Help us spread the word!

NWAC is currently taking applications for two field based avalanche forecasting positions for the Central Cascades and Mt. Hood. Due to accelerated federal hiring constraints you must apply by August 1.

The Mt. Hood Position will be filled immediately, however the decision to fill the Central cascades position my be delayed until late summer. Please reach out to info@nwac.us with questions.

More details: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540747800
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

KQ, you do not happen to be acquainted with Simon by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Is this some sort of joke question I would know if I wasn't an old fart?

No Simons in my life.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Not even Simple Simon?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I wonder if you're talking about the Simon who used to be my roommate in Boulder.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

two field based avalanche forecasting positions

What the fuck.
    Googling expert.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Is this some sort of joke question I would know if I wasn't an old fart?

No Simons in my life.
    No, not at all. Former co-worker/neighbor/friend is still (AFAIK) the interim NWAC Director and lives out your way.

I’m not sure he’s on the board anymore
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

No, not at all. Former co-worker/neighbor/friend is still (AFAIK) the interim NWAC Director and lives out your way.
    That is almost surely my former roommate. Did he work for the CAIC for a couple of winters?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Indeed he was.

That was a long time ago, now that I think about it. Didn't have a kid back then and she's 8 now.

He was a good roommate, good guy, hope he's doing well.

He was a good roommate, good guy, hope he's doing well.
    Same here, decent employee, good medic, mediocre ski patroller (he was meant for bigger things than ropes and signs), just curious how small a world we all inhabit. I am gonna have to give that freak a phone call to say howdy.

If you like I can PM you his Phone or e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    What the fuck.
    Googling expert.
    Sorry... not enough to go on so I decided to wait on his reply. For whatever reason I didn't put it together that "Simon" was with NWAC.

So no, I do not know Simon but from the discussion that follows he sounds like a stand-up guy.

Same here, decent employee, good medic, mediocre ski patroller (he was meant for bigger things than ropes and signs), just curious how small a world we all inhabit. I am gonna have to give that freak a phone call to say howdy.

If you like I can PM you his Phone or e-mail.
    Nah, we weren't super close, no need. But you can tell him his old roommate Dan in Boulder says hi, that might freak him out and you'd have to explain that whole "I know people on the internet" thing.

I got a jury duty notice for him not long ago. I called them up and was like "uh, Simon hasn't lived here since 2010, I think your system needs some updating".