Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Refrigerator Recommendations?

I am gone on business and the wife reports that the fridge just shit the bed. Apparently the freezer is cold and the fridge is warm, which means I will diagnose and may fix when I get home because the port or fan or some shit may just be faulty. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out what I should buy, or probably more importantly, where I should buy and if anyone knows who has a killer deal?

I knew this would happen sooner than later as it is an old fridge and I was planning on remodeling the kitchen when the first major appliance blew up so I could ditch all the old stuff at once. Anyway, I'm in no mood to take that on this summer, so I dont want to buy some absolute top of the line unit. What I need at the least:

- Stainless to look like the other stuff
    - Water and Ice Maker
    - Preferably bottom drawer freezer
    - Preferable capacity for at least 6 dead hooker limbs or 3 limbs and a torso

Who has an in on a good deal?

Perfect timing...getting to remodel the kitchen and need one also.

Hurry up though Mags, need to order in the next couple of days.
    The Sheriff is near!

https://www.kitchenaid.com/major-app...rff305ess.html

I've got one of these and I'm a fan, specifically because there's nothing on the front and has more industrial-looking handles, I'm not a fan of the swoopy handles on the Whirlpool models even though they're basically identical. Still makes ice and can dispense water from the inside, but has a clean appearance.

We just remodeled the kitchen in the fall and while it's a full depth fridge, it's built-in in such a way that it looks counter depth at half the cost and has more storage space. If you have the space to pull that off, I'd highly recommend it - having the fridge flush with cabinets/counter is awesome.

Refrigerator Recommendations?

I have and don’t like stainless. If I could do over I’d go white or something more colorful.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anybody have experience with Samsung? I know KitchenAid is good but a little out of my price range.
    The Sheriff is near!

Counter depth

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Anybody have experience with Samsung? I know KitchenAid is good but a little out of my price range.
    Single reviews on the interwebs isn't the kinda sampling you're looking for but I have a love/hate going on with Samsung. Bought 4 Samsung appliances as a package and everything but the fridge has been bullet proof. The fridge is French door, ice, water, freezer on the bottom. Probably exactly what you're looking for. BUT, the thing accumulates water under the crisper due to ice build up (and thaw) on the compressor. Most importantly, it's a known problem and Samsung basically told me to fuck off when marginally out of warranty. Vowed I wouldn't buy anything Samsung ever again. Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Single reviews on the interwebs isn't the kinda sampling you're looking for but I have a love/hate going on with Samsung. Bought 4 Samsung appliances as a package and everything but the fridge has been bullet proof. The fridge is French door, ice, water, freezer on the bottom. Probably exactly what you're looking for. BUT, the thing accumulates water under the crisper due to ice build up (and thaw) on the compressor. Most importantly, it's a known problem and Samsung basically told me to fuck off when marginally out of warranty. Vowed I wouldn't buy anything Samsung ever again. Fuck em.
    I've seen other reviews that are similar to yours. Maybe I should avoid. Thanks
    The Sheriff is near!

3 Kenmores and an LG are the top-rated on consumer reports. Seems somewhat sketchy buying things from Sears maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    3 Kenmores and an LG are the top-rated on consumer reports. Seems somewhat sketchy buying things from Sears maybe.
    Iceman should know something about refrigeration...correct?
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    From what I gather it's all plastics these days.
    And a few years ago too:

The Sheriff is near!

Buy the red one?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Buy the red one?
    Best advice here.

Buy the red one?
    That would have been my choice but Mrs. Bimble wants black stainless. She just doesn't get it.
    The Sheriff is near!

Go down to your library and read Consumer Reports is my advice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    That would have been my choice but Mrs. Bimble wants black stainless. She just doesn't get it.
    make sure its not the black stainless 'stain'..not sure wtf they were thinking but the crap scratches. wife picked a non clearance non sale one...and it scratches. shit should be a class action suit. its like a coating or something, not like the other metal scuffed traditional stainless

Just dropped some coin myself on fill firgidaire pro line for a appliances. Was about 8k total but they're awesome. No fingerprint stainless ftw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Buy the red one?

In retrospect I have to give you a double finger stache salute.
    watch out for snakes

Chapeau!

Samsung fridge is fine. Samsung ice maker is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Samsung fridge is fine. Samsung ice maker is a piece of shit.
    We had a Samsung french door w/ ice & water in the door. The ice maker gets jammed up with ice requiring removal and defrosting. its just a bad design. I got to where I could take that fucker out, defrost and reinstall with the efficiency of a NASCAR pit crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    We had a Samsung french door w/ ice & water in the door. The ice maker gets jammed up with ice requiring removal and defrosting. its just a bad design. I got to where I could take that fucker out, defrost and reinstall with the efficiency of a NASCAR pit crew.
    Yup. Same problem with mine. It's obnoxious. Lousy design. Past fridges I've had with the METAL coil that moves the ice worked much better.

The Samsung fridge that came with my house has been good and I like a lot about it BUT the brand is notoriously unreliable and like said above, the ice maker design is stupid. The lower one in the freezer portion is much better. No dispense but nothing to jam either. We just use that one now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Freezer - freezing and fridge part - warm indicates the cold air passage from the freezer to regular part is blocked (frozen), a very easy fix if you're willing to partially disassemble the interior. Or just unplug it for a few days. Google the issue with your model, you might luck out and find step by step instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Freezer - freezing and fridge part - warm indicates the cold air passage from the freezer to regular part is blocked (frozen), a very easy fix if you're willing to partially disassemble the interior. Or just unplug it for a few days. Google the issue with your model, you might luck out and find step by step instructions.
    You're right, I've read this can be done with the Samsungs but a few months later you're going to have to do it again. Not really what I want to do.
    The Sheriff is near!