WTB: 190ish Icelantic Nomad 105

Just as the title says: looking to buy a used 190ish Icelantic Nomad. Does anyone have a pair they'd want to sell? Or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Just as the title says: looking to buy a used 190ish Icelantic Nomad. Does anyone have a pair they'd want to sell? Or something similar?
    That ski didn't ever vary in length over the years as far as I know. So are you saying 181 is okay too, or you want the 191? Not that I have any for sale, but you might want to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    That ski didn't ever vary in length over the years as far as I know. So are you saying 181 is okay too, or you want the 191? Not that I have any for sale, but you might want to clarify.
    No, at 6’-4”, I’m looking for the 191.

No, at 6’-4”, I’m looking for the 191.
    Definitely the right call, I'm 6' and had 181, loved them but felt a bit short on run outs. I saw the lite version in 191 pretty cheap, haven't seen the regular one too cheap though. Funnest ski I have ever been on for poking around technical terrain with soft snow. Good luck in you quest.

Definitely the right call, I'm 6' and had 181, loved them but felt a bit short on run outs. I saw the lite version in 191 pretty cheap, haven't seen the regular one too cheap though. Funnest ski I have ever been on for poking around technical terrain with soft snow. Good luck in you quest.
    Where did you see the lite?

Where did you see the lite?
    REI for $374

REI for $374
    Damn nice.

Am I stupid to get these for mostly resort use? Will they be tossed around given their light weight?

Damn nice.

Am I stupid to get these for mostly resort use? Will they be tossed around given their light weight?
    I haven't skied the lite version, but they aren't all that light and I think they would be fine for typical soft snow resort days in the west. One thing to be aware of is the width on these is ~ 5mm wider throughout the ski than specs suggest.

Blister gave them a pretty good review a while back: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...nomad-105-lite

Damn nice.

Fellow I skied with yesterday who is semi-pro (as in, he gets paid money to ski but is broke AF) was on the 191 light with a shift. Heavy setup and the shift ain't that heavy. And he raged pretty hard. He's 6'5" but pretty thin.

I wish I could get on a pair first - I see a lot of good reviews (Blister for one) but many negative reviews, saying they ski like 2x4s

I wish I could get on a pair first - I see a lot of good reviews (Blister for one) but many negative reviews, saying they ski like 2x4s
    If you like to drive your skis you will be fine. For me the regular Nomad wasn't a ski that intuitively made lazy turns for you. But it rewarded skier input with nice pop and energy. That being said, I was on the 181. I think the 191 would have been fine for me though, they measure pretty short as I recall.

If you like to drive your skis you will be fine. For me the regular Nomad wasn't a ski that intuitively made lazy turns for you. But it rewarded skier input with nice pop and energy. That being said, I was on the 181. I think the 191 would have been fine for me though, they measure pretty short as I recall.
    Sounds like how my ON3P Wren 102s ski.

Sounds like how my ON3P Wren 102s ski.
    I like da bamboo!

Quote Originally Posted by keener View Post
    You're a bozo if you think those ski anything like a Nomad.

I love those Wailer 105 T2s. But Dukes suck.

Trying again. Anyone looking to sell?

Still looking. Also open to similar skis.