Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Praxis Rx....

What really fucked things up around here is when people started changing their usernames. I still get confused on occasion.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think people often remember the good things and forget the bad. DD could be funny AF but he could also be annoying AF. I suppose that is true of many here, but he could be more annoying than your average maggot.
    Fact. But he was still fun to poke with a stick.

He was annoying, maybe not as much so as Jer but damn close. Spook was another one I don't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Seems like we are always rolling through our token adopted high schooler, good to have one to offset the gang of middle aged dentists. Although, I am always curious what kind of teenage kid would want to hang around us old fucks... AKPM, IVPlay, the list goes on... I would trade them all in for DD that dude was highly entertaining.
    Nah stealurface is alright, he has potential.

We have to add TriU, huckbucket and a few others that have carried us through this pandemic thing with prime info. Gotta give Old Goat some credit too. Don't forget the financial market advice LeeLau has been dishing out either. There are a couple of top notch auto mechanic dudes here like Aldo and BobMc and there was that guy in CO that helped me out with an inspection on an Isuzu Vehicross a while back then dematerialized.

Don't forget to put yourself on the list, you're an expert when it comes to bad jokes and poor sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Don't forget to put yourself on the list, you're an expert when it comes to bad jokes and poor sarcasm
    Me? My jokes are fucking hilarious and my sarcasm sets the standard for sarcasm.
    Just ask my wife, as soon as she get done rolling her eyes at me
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Have you tried this one yet?

https://81vino.com/
    Would have thought to could have afforded to make his wine from Napa fruit instead of paso but perhaps he's trying to keep it accessible for the kids.

Yup, upon further review he's only getting like forty bucks a bottle which, for washed up athlete wine, is pretty reasonable.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I miss spook a lot. I'd trade a whole bunch of people to have spook back.

tgapp has been generous with next level coffee knowledge and mailing lots of mags coffee beans at his own expense - even internationally - just cause he’s passionate

Real spook or the softer gentler wyeaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Real spook or the softer gentler wyeaster?
    spook was awful. wyeaster was ok.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yes. Hutash. That's good to hear. He would usually respond to something like an itchy dog thread and I think he was being paged in his own thread a while back. I missed seeing any recent posts from him so I guess our vet is still here. Sorry if anyone was alarmed.
    I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping he would respond to the thread.

I know both were fairly universally hated but I didn't mind Jer or Hugh fucking everything up. Experts at that I suppose.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Agree. And in real life, the guy was a pretty damn good man.

Hugh, Jer and Blurred were the three horsemen of the early to mid aughts Padded Room.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hugh, Jer and Blurred were the three horsemen of the early to mid aughts Padded Room.
    Iskibc and his variants?

I don't think so, as all 3 were met in meatspace to some extent or another.

But then again, as Danno points out, plenty of long time Mags met and skied with Digital Drew. Who, I like to believe, was as real as his persona here. Hard charging, albeit without purpose or direction, much like the guy he showed himself to be here. I mean, who else has a freezer full of grocery store "steak", a large knife collection, questionable automobiles and little to no real plate-ware?

Drew, that's who.

No I meant as a fourth, it seemed like he kinda beat jer to the multiple account continuously posting shit. Though he was a lot more personal in his attacks.

I don't think so, as all 3 were met in meatspace to some extent or another.

But then again, as Danno points out, plenty of long time Mags met and skied with Digital Drew. Who, I like to believe, was as real as his persona here. Hard charging, albeit without purpose or direction, much like the guy he showed himself to be here. I mean, who else has a freezer full of grocery store "steak", a large knife collection, questionable automobiles and little to no real plate-ware?

Drew, that's who.
    I bet he has red boots and skis in the back seat
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    No I meant as a fourth, it seemed like he kinda beat jer to the multiple account continuously posting shit. Though he was a lot more personal in his attacks.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah he was a poo cannon.

Jer was at least 100% honest about it. Posted pics of his season pass, told people the password to Smokey McPole, saved animals while sacrificing humans to grim shit, started the PMS Gear factory (where are my Jerantulas, dick?)

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I bet he has red boots and skis in the back seat
    Two words.

Rear entry.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Agree. And in real life, the guy was a pretty damn good man.
    Yeah, that first BBI I brought a snowboard he’d purchased from someone here in Utah. He was posting as Wyeaster at the time and it wasn’t known he had been Spook. I gave him the board and chatted with him. He told me he had been Spook and I told him had I known that I woulda tossed the board out the window somewhere in the middle of Oregon.

Lol. So can we put Wyeaster down as our Sino-relations expert?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Yeah, that first BBI I brought a snowboard he’d purchased from someone here in Utah. He was posting as Wyeaster at the time and it wasn’t known he had been Spook. I gave him the board and chatted with him. He told me he had been Spook and I told him had I known that I woulda tossed the board out the window somewhere in the middle of Oregon.
    Yeah, I know right. I found out he was spook and said "hey man, I thought you were an absolute asshole". He laughed. We ended up both eating space invaders and boarded together. In fact I ended up soooo fucking high my boarding skills evaded me for a bit and I was afraid. The dude actually encouraged me and helped me off the ledge. Things were fine after a run and I figured out how to ride wrecked.

Lol. So can we put Wyeaster down as our Sino-relations expert?
    Ha, sure. He messaged me a while back and congratulated me on my puppy. Dude's ok in my book. But fucking spook was an asshole...
    weird.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Aren't we all experts in squandering our time in this little escapist paradise for like minded retired adventurers?
    However many are in a shit ton.

As a long time low post lurker I find the collective interest in having an expert ornithologist at the ready a strange requirement for a ski message board. I spend too much time dealing with birds at work to be able to claim total ignorance on the topic but would never claim to be an expert. If I notice a bird question that I can answer I will post something up as partial payback for all the stoke I’ve enjoyed from the collective over the years.
    Being grown-up sucks!

If you can tell the difference between a Downy and a Hairy Woodpecker we may have some use for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    If you can tell the difference between a Downy and a Hairy Woodpecker we may have some use for you.
    Shit, I'm not even close to an ornithologist and I can do that. I had to look up how to spell that too.