...and soon we'll have something entirely new to disagree about.

Bullshit. We started disagreeing about these ages ago.

ha! indeed.

Pick both wheel sizes and be a dick about it

The new SB140 looks like a mullet candidate.

GG is adding a “Red Rocket” to their secret menu. Shorter travel mullet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

^Agreed about the new SB140.

I hoped this would spark a little more conversation.

I rode a Mullet + for awhile early this season, as I had a busted rear 29” wheel for my Hightower, so I slapped on the rear clown wheel for awhile to check it out. It was a fun combo, but I felt the climbing geometry was a bit too compromised. I’m on an XL with a decent amount of seatpost showing and I already have my seat pushed forward in standard 29” mode.

I definitely felt like the rear was a little slashier, and that was with a 2.8 back there. It seems like if the bike had a steeper seat tube angle and was actually designed to run the mixed wheel configuration, it would work really well.

Anyone have negative thoughts beyond just that it could be the latest flash in the pan trend?

Pros:
    - quicker cornering/turning
    - the ability to run heavier casings + inserts without gaining as much heft and maintain quickness
    - increased butt crack clearance
    Cons:
    - still doesn't roll over stuff as easy/comfortably as the front

I have two buddies that have mulleted their Nomad4s, one copied the other. Its not the ideal bike as they only dropped 10mm in the front so slackened the front and rear. The first is named Mullet and is sponsored by SC so owns the Megatower too, rides it the majority of the time, i.e. all trail time, he owns the V1029 as well so uses that for bike park. He's sponsored for 'adventure riding', bagging big alpine backcountry missions, scree slopes, etc. and uses the mullet N4 for this use as he feels a little more secure on it in those pucker moments, super steep slopes, scree, rock drops because he can squat the rear down more and react a little quicker when stopping or cornering and also the increased ass clearance, we are talking the most extreme cases.