Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Drunk driving galore

I've been following this story since it was first reported the day it happened. You can't make this up. This is why you never want to drive drunk even if your drunk driving is perfect and maybe why you should be scared driving on the nation's highways.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...h-14120577.php

To summarize the story, a drunk guy driving east on Route 90 at 1 PM on a Saturday plowed into a woman's car, sending her car across the median directly into west-bound traffic on 90. It just so happens the vehicle her car ends up in front of in the west-bound lane is an SUV driven by another drunk guy. Of course, he crashes into her car killing her. Had the west-bound driver not been drunk, he probably wouldn't have even received a traffic ticket. He just had the dumb luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time--and drunk with his kids in the car on an early Saturday afternoon. Now he'll be in jail for 1 to 3 years.

1-3 years seems a bit lenient for killing someone while drunk driving. Eastbound guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    1-3 years seems a bit lenient for killing someone while drunk driving. Eastbound guy too.
    Eastbound guy should have gotten a much longer sentence than the westbound guy as he caused the crash but from what I have been hearing, prosecutors have been strictly enforcing Leandra's Law. Eastbound guy was lucky not having any kids in his car.

Well it's a plea bargain. Saves the state money in court and prison costs for one thing. Guys probably won't be able to get licenses for a long time, if ever. Not sure how I feel about it.

He doesn't have to deal with kids car seats anymore, that might be worth it.

Wow. Brings a new definition to "just driving along."

Judge Sober. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Judge Sober. ha!
    Yeah I noticed that too! Lol

so the causal bro is 'just' a .16 with 2 kids in the car.. while oncoming bro is drunk + benzo's + lexapro + bupropion (which probably compound each other)

holy. crap.

Makes driving a smart car less appealing.

Wait, that was ever appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    so the causal bro is 'just' a .16 with 2 kids in the car.. while oncoming bro is drunk + benzo's + lexapro + bupropion (which probably compound each other)

holy. crap.

Makes driving a smart car less appealing.
    Less? Makes putting those two dudes in smart cars and taking away the wheel and pedals more appealing to me.

Doesn't surprise me. Troy is a shithole. I would bet most of the population there is drunk or high on something.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Troy is on the come up. Only 1/4 of the buildings are vacant these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    I've been following this story since it was first reported the day it happened. You can't make this up. This is why you never want to drive drunk even if your drunk driving is perfect and maybe why you should be scared driving on the nation's highways.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...h-14120577.php

To summarize the story, a drunk guy driving east on Route 90 at 1 PM on a Saturday plowed into a woman's car, sending her car across the median directly into west-bound traffic on 90. It just so happens the vehicle her car ends up in front of in the west-bound lane is an SUV driven by another drunk guy. Of course, he crashes into her car killing her. Had the west-bound driver not been drunk, he probably wouldn't have even received a traffic ticket. He just had the dumb luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time--and drunk with his kids in the car on an early Saturday afternoon. Now he'll be in jail for 1 to 3 years.
    Are you serious? " . . . even if your drunk driving is perfect?" Really? And you don't think being drunk could have made it harder for the second drunk driver to avoid the accident? You're right about one thing--" . . . you never want to drive drunk." Period. Maybe I'm reading too much into your motives but if you feel that not being able to drive drunk is a problem for you you might want to consider doing something about your drinking.

A 34 y/o in town just got her 4th DWI. She got probation again. Crazy. Story in the JH News Daily.

Driving drunk is kind of a sport around here. It’s a prerequisite for advancement in many ski related career paths.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    A 34 y/o in town just got her 4th DWI. She got probation again. Crazy. Story in the JH News Daily.

Driving drunk is kind of a sport around here. It’s a prerequisite for advancement in many ski related career paths.
    Sloshies!

In 1813 maybe..... lately, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I thot Troy was the uppity portion of Albany?
    Ha! Maybe more so now? not the case up to 5-10yrs ago...

I'm not sure, other than my parents actively avoiding taking us as kids through any parts of troy for most of my childhood.

Nah. There's a lot of cool old buildings but the economic heyday was in like 1840 and it shows. Albany's been coming up though, so maybe it'll spill over.

DATE/TIME: 07/25/2019 at 2251 hours

INCIDENT LOCATION: VT 14, Royalton

VIOLATION: DUI, Gross Negligent Operation, Excessive Speed, Unlawful Mischief,

Resisting Arrest

ACCUSED: Mitchell Fifield

CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Fairlee, Vermont

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

Vermont State Police received a report for a welfare check on Mitchell Fifield.

A BOL (be on the Lookout) was placed out for him. Contact was made with Fifield

during an attempted traffic stop on VT 14 in the Town of Royalton. Fifield

failed to stop and a short pursuit ensued. The pursuit ended after Fifield

rammed into a gate at the Royalton State Police Barracks. Fifield exited his

vehicle and charged Troopers with a weapon in hand. A tazer was subsequently

deployed to subdue him. Fifield was arrested on various charges and suspicion

of DUI. Fifield was then transported to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

for further medical evaluation and subsequent processing. Fifield was ultimately

released to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) and issued a citation to

appear in Vermont Superior Court Windsor Criminal Division on 8/13/19 at 0800 hours

to answer the charges mentioned.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Less? Makes putting those two dudes in smart cars and taking away the wheel and pedals more appealing to me.
    yea agreed.

IME: folks drive a bigger vehicle, and wear their seatbelts don't die as often in crashes. Add to reasons I don't ride a motorbike. Can't trust other drivers.

Sucks that someone died this way.

Crazy this happened in East Greenbush. I grew up two miles from that exit.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post

Just make sure to carry bear spray at all times.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    DATE/TIME: 07/25/2019 at 2251 hours

INCIDENT LOCATION: VT 14, Royalton

VIOLATION: DUI, Gross Negligent Operation, Excessive Speed, Unlawful Mischief,

Resisting Arrest

ACCUSED: Mitchell Fifield

CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Fairlee, Vermont

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

Vermont State Police received a report for a welfare check on Mitchell Fifield.

A BOL (be on the Lookout) was placed out for him. Contact was made with Fifield

during an attempted traffic stop on VT 14 in the Town of Royalton. Fifield

failed to stop and a short pursuit ensued. The pursuit ended after Fifield

rammed into a gate at the Royalton State Police Barracks. Fifield exited his

vehicle and charged Troopers with a weapon in hand. A tazer was subsequently

deployed to subdue him. Fifield was arrested on various charges and suspicion

of DUI. Fifield was then transported to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

for further medical evaluation and subsequent processing. Fifield was ultimately

released to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) and issued a citation to

appear in Vermont Superior Court Windsor Criminal Division on 8/13/19 at 0800 hours

to answer the charges mentioned.
    Pretty remarkable restraint by the Troopers it seems. The "weapon" must not have been a gun I guess.