Thread: Park City Visit

Park City Visit

Staying there this Friday through Tuesday It's our first time so am jonging it. There will be four families with kids ranging from 4 to 12 so just looking for mellow fun activities and good restaurants where kids can get loose and parents can drink. Any knowledge is appreciated!

Do you have an epic Pass for next year for you and the kids? If so gondola rides are covered. For pizza take the kids to Maxwell’s. If you have a car drive down to Heber to eat at Back 40. Good food and great views of Timp. Rent bikes at White Pine touring and take the kids for a ride on the rail trail. Eat Mexican at El Chubasco‘s. Squatters will be good for the kids and they serve alcohol for you. Go to the Jordanelle reservoir just swim or rent a couple of paddleboard’s And kayaks. If you feel like splurging rent a pontoon boat and spend a day on the lake. Park silly market on Sundays on main street is always a hit . Visit the Kimball Art Center.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 07-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It's been a couple years but Grappa and Riverhorse have always been good for a nice dinner with some wine. Send the kids outside after dinner, they won't get lost.

Perfect, thanks gents. Is the Olympics area worth visiting at all?

Definitely. You can watch people ski jumping into the pool. Also there is a great zip line there. You may want to experience a bobsled ride. It may be a little too aggressive for the four-year-olds
    Another great place for adults and kids to have lunch and beverage is the Deer Valley Cafe. Sit outside on the lake. Paddle board rentals right next to the restaurant. Good food, not expensive. a lot of freedom. The kids will love to homemade cookies while you sip on a moscow mule.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 07-23-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Never been on it but the PCMR alpine slide looks pretty fun.

Maxwell's already mentioned is great for chilling outside, eating pizza, and letting the kids run around. they will find lots of friends to run around with. They used to have free shows there that were a lot of fun too, there is a little lawn and stage.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Pick up the local newspaper, Park Record, when you get to town. Most restaurants run two for ones all summer and advertise them in that paper.

Kids would likely enjoy the Park Silly market on lower main St on sundays

Very helpful stuff, thanks. So far my only real planning has been stocking up on good beers hear back in WA so I don't have to chance the liquor stores there.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Never been on it but the PCMR alpine slide looks pretty fun.
    it is long and legit! Mountain coaster is also really fun, try to do it without braking. Yonder, the base of PCMR is a kids activity fun center, like mini-golf, panning for gold, zip line, tramps, climbing walls, alpine+mountain coaster, etc.

And leave the beer at home, there's plenty here.

Free city bus up to mind-mountain Silver lake/Deer Valley would be fun, then take a chair to the top for a view. Eat lunch mid-mountain at DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Very helpful stuff, thanks. So far my only real planning has been stocking up on good beers hear back in WA so I don't have to chance the liquor stores there.
    mmmm washington beer is the best!

If you have leftover Freemont or Georgetown brews, I'd take them off your hands. You know to save weight to save on gas mileage for the drive home.

It's green here! Beautiful country. Hit up deer creek res today and Wasatch park yesterday. So far so good.

You can drive up through Deer Valley and over Guardsmans Pass and check out Brighton and Solitude quite easily. Park somewhere up top and hike around, or go down to Brighton and there's trails from the Solitude Nordic center. Silver Lake is an easy stroll from there, there's a boardwalk and path around it and often a moose or two wading around.

At Solitude they run a lift or two on the weekends at least, and they rent bikes. They used to rent the Scooters-O'-Death, not sure of they still do but I seriously can't recommend those things. Going back to PC it's much shorter to go back over the pass but you might enjoy a ride down BCC with the kids and make a big loop out of it back to Park City.

Don’t know if things have changed, but when I visited Park City, I came to the conclusion that the town was very poorly named - there was no parking to be had anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Don’t know if things have changed, but when I visited Park City, I came to the conclusion that the town was very poorly named - there was no parking to be had anywhere!
    and it's only about to get worse.... Vail sold the largest parking lot at the base of PCMR to developers. Hooray, another euro style village!

Go visit my dreadlocked bro at The Cabin
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”