Trees in squaw valley downhill

Riding down squaw valley downhill and within a minute, tree across the trail. Ok, bike over, keep going.

Another one, and really soon, one every 50 ft.

I cleared most of them, but it was obvious that they were out across in purpose, perhaps against mountain bikers?

Public land!

Obviously whoever did this doesn't have the guts to come out and talk about it.

I wonder if he would come across me in the trail if he would have the courage to say something.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

The FS is dropping large trees across old established roads in various places in the mountains. And always in a place where a detour is not obvious. It's obvious that they are trying to limit access or at best pushing traffic through specific choke points.

How big are the trees? Would equipment be required to get the tree's into place?

FYI,

I found a couple roads way up high on the upper reaches of what you can see South of Highway 80 Between Farrad and The CA/NV line. Some would be 4 or 5 miles all down hill with ?NO TRAFFIC of any kind. I earned allot of Manzaneta pin stripes finding those roads. A Jeep ride up would make for a hell of a ride down.

I saw one guy on an MTB when I was coming down last week. He had to be 3000+ feet above the river. We both looked at each other like WTF are you doing here? Said he peddeled up from "Something Rock" "Glenshire area" ?

Y'all might want to look into it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Were the trees after the short sand hill climbs? Those are about a minute into the ride iirc. Not that it matters. Sounds like smallish trees that you could move? Kind of an odd trail from a hater to pick as a battle ground.

The trees were small enough that i could move them myself. And done of them were just thick branches.

This is a singletrack by the way

They were not there to divert traffic.

They were clearly put there by some old guy who hates mountain bikers.

And, for the record, I'm an old guy too.

Better than barbed wire....

Traps are shockingly common: https://www.google.com/search?client...ain+bike+traps

I don't get this

It's just not a trail that is think of as a target for mtb haters. Although the stables have been using it in the last couple years or so which is super annoying, so maybe a rider saw mtb riders and felt it should only be for horses. Regardless, super annoying.

So , are you saying someone actually felled trees or just dragged crap across the trail?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It's just not a trail that is think of as a target for mtb haters. Although the stables have been using it in the last couple years or so which is super annoying, so maybe a rider saw mtb riders and felt it should only be for horses. Regardless, super annoying.

So , are you saying someone actually felled trees or just dragged crap across the trail?
    Looked to me that most were dragged across the trail, but some could've been cut for this.

We've had hunters do it to us. I saw a guy do it and called to him asking why. He completely ignored me. Coward ass biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    We've had hunters do it to us. I saw a guy do it and called to him asking why. He completely ignored me. Coward ass biatch.
    Yeah, i wish this guy had the courage to look me up in squaw.

Sort of unrelated, but this summer I spent like 4 hours leaf-blowing the asphalt bike path some of us dh longboard. I didn’t even get one single run before some fartsniff dragged a branch across the trail.

It seems like a whole thing...miserable people reacting with hostility toward the sight of people having fun...trying to drag the rest of us into their personal hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Sort of unrelated, but this summer I spent like 4 hours leaf-blowing the asphalt bike path some of us dh longboard. I didn’t even get one single run before some fartsniff dragged a branch across the trail.

It seems like a whole thing...miserable people reacting with hostility toward the sight of people having fun...trying to drag the rest of us into their personal hell.
    Exactly

It's cruel. All people who are trying to hurt others do not know how to adequately express emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

I was having a ball coming down a trail recently and hootin' the whole way. It's not really much of a downhill but it's super fun. As I came around a corner about 2/3 down this guy was just standing in the middle of the trail, he made me stop and get off my bike and move off the side of the trail before he would move. I was stopped and leaned over so not even the pedal was in his way but he stood there and wouldn't move until I got off the bike then he told me to get the F out of his way. One side was a sketchy drop into some rocks and the other side was uphill so I pulled the bike up and he wouldn't move until the handlebar was completely out of the way. We came across him again about 20 minutes later and he tried to do the same thing so I stood over the bike in the middle of the trail with my front wheel inches from him until he finally bugged out and kicked it out of the way and screamed at me. He limped out of the woods...

The fun police are getting more brazen...

Trees in squaw valley downhill

There was broken glass all over a loop I did yesterday at Breakheart Reservation in Saugus MA. Kept noticing it again and again, checked out Trailforks and I’m not the only one to note it. TF is wrong with people.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 07-29-2019 at 07:16 AM.