Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Do mods get Pulitzers? Pretty good responsiveness, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I also want to take a bit of issue with the expectations some of you have around timelines. People livestream murders on Facebook sometimes and Facebook, a company worth over 72 billion dollars whose entire business is people posting on it, with a staff of thousands of paid moderators in every time zone operating 24/7, sometimes takes hours to respond. So 3 posts with 3 reports and a ~4 hour response time is not bad from < 10 volunteers for a small company (at which this forum is NOT the product) who all have full time jobs that aren’t binge-reading the padded room.
    Hey, I get it, and I appreciate you.

I tried to report, it wouldn't work and I was concerned about people looking up my coworker on social media, that picture he made becoming a meme...

If it had been me he was posting I wouldnt have been so upset...

Public service announcement to mods

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Hey, I get it, and I appreciate you.

I tried to report, it wouldn't work and I was concerned about people looking up my coworker on social media, that picture he made becoming a meme...

If it had been me he was posting I wouldnt have been so upset...
    Yeah that came across as inappropriately directed at you - I meant that really more for the forum in general.

Often I click report links and there are 15 or more posts saying some variation of “come on, this shit isn’t ok” and yet only 1 report, and sometimes that report has come hours after the post in question. I’m sure there are times when nobody reports these things! Obviously not-ok things (doxxing, illegal content, etc) will always be dealt with by anyone on the mod team as soon as they can get to it, which for technical reasons does usually mean "as soon as they can get to a desktop/laptop computer and not their phone". But even for that to happen, we have to see it first! This place really gets a lot of traffic for a forum; even reading every day I can barely keep up with my subscribed threads. I would be stunned and horrified if there was anyone who read every single post in every single thread in every single subforum on this site every day; even moreso if they kept up hourly!

Also, there's really almost no moderation that needs to (or does) take place here beyond deleting a spam account once in a while, or moving a post to TT or GS, or whatnot. That's the way the community (you lot! not necessarily the mod team) overwhelmingly prefers it, so actual content-moderation is essentially non-existent and it is ALWAYS the subject of gratuitous pissing and moaning from the community when it does happen, even when it concerns plain-as-day bannable violations of the extremely limited rules we have in place here.

For everyone reading: the way to reach the mod team is the report button. It's a little triangle with an exclamation mark inside it and it is present at the bottom left of every single post (on desktop it is in the same row as "reply", "reply with quote", etc but left-aligned). The more people report the same thing, the more likely someone will treat it as urgent.

The other side of the coin: don’t report someone being rude to you in GS, or someone trolling you in polyass, and so on. If I had to ballpark a guess I would say that 75%+ of reported posts are either for “spam” or “wrong forum” reports, so at least for me personally the default assumption I make when reading the report reason (which comes, without any context about what else was in the thread or even with the text of the post which has been reported, to my email) is “unless this report reason says something very serious, this probably can wait until I’m done with work / get home from dinner / etc” - in other words, until I have time in my life between work, family, skiing, etc to go through my email and stop someone trying to sell a sofa, or move the latest "168 Soul 7s LIKE NEW (3 mounts for Dukes at 370BSL) only $1100!!!" thread from Slide Zone to Gear Swap, etc.

In case the above is unclear: when you report a post, the little “reason for reporting” you submit shows up in an email, with a link to the post in question. That’s the first thing someone sees. The overwhelming majority of them aren’t urgent, and in iOS anyway the link to the post typically just opens the thread in question in safari/chrome (not the app) at page 1 post 1. So in the highly likely event that the first person to read this email is doing so from mobile, the only immediately accessible information is the text you typed in to the box. So make it count please, it helps us decide what is whining, what is “someone confused the report post button with the PM button” (happens more than you'd think and I do try to let the intended-sender know what happened), what is “this spam thread can wait until someone can get to it without disrupting their work/personal/family life” and what the < 1% of posts are that end up being “someone needs to address this right away”.
    Last edited by mall walker; 07-23-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: clarity

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I forgot Danno, who doesn't know how to water a lawn, change a bike tire, or flick the bean, is a mod. LoL.
    20k of stokeless meh is quite
    a human life of time well spent here
    you really told her what threads she can make and how to make a point correctly
    can we impeach you?
    or pass a vote of no confidence
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I also want to take a bit of issue with the expectations some of you have around timelines. People livestream murders on Facebook sometimes and Facebook, a company worth over 72 billion dollars whose entire business is people posting on it, with a staff of thousands of paid moderators in every time zone operating 24/7, sometimes takes hours to respond. So 3 posts with 3 reports and a ~4 hour response time is not bad from < 10 volunteers for a small company (at which this forum is NOT the product) who all have full time jobs that arenít binge-reading the padded room.
    You could at least offer dissatisfied mags refunds on their forum membership fees!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Is this where we can ask for the tags back?
    I still call it The Jake.

It would be really sick if, instead of just ignoring TRG allowed you to block people that are more into you than vice versa. What I'm tryin'a say here, mods, is there's a stone in my shoe...

I didn't know there was a report feature.

I'm going to report mall walker for writing more words than my attention span allows me to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm going to report mall walker for writing more words than my attention span allows me to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    20k of stokeless meh is quite
    a human life of time well spent here
    you really told her what threads she can make and how to make a point correctly
    can we impeach you?
    or pass a vote of no confidence
    I am here to report an Alien has taken over SFB. That is the most coherent post from him evar!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ya but danno is one of the few clear-headed people you can count on for a hint of sobriety roun hurr.

And people wonder why not many females are active members of forums like this...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Noone wonders that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

...as in noone gives a shit.

As you do not have to declare your gender, or sexuality, unless you want to, then any girl can masquerade as anything they want to..."guy".
    And we'd all be none the wiser

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    And people wonder why not many females are active members of forums like this...
    We donít wonder fuck head - we all know - seriously - we know

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    They came here to banter with real men, and then you showed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    °”rale, vato!

@ladies - feel free to join me in the bullfighting forum for a casual reading of Death in the Afternoon

Id like to speak to tge manager!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I forgot Danno, who doesn't know how to...flick the bean...
    Huh, missed that one.

external locus of control

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is this where we can ask for the tags back?
    #jerstill<3cock
    #oburnardfranzmatters
    #icemod2020
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    #jerstill<3cock
    #oburnardfranzmatters
    #icemod2020
    #skifishbummountsskisinjeans
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Noone wonders that.
    Who's this Noone character?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Herman of Herman's Hermits?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

#modslivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    aint noboy got time for that