Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Anyone have beta on the Sun Valley bike park? Thinking of peeling out of work on Saturday afternoon and heading that way since I’m already about half way there and it’s going to be too wet to the east. The trail map seems kind of, um, lame. But interested to hear from those that have actually ridden there. Worth the $50?

Could also be convinced to partake in a longer pedally ride if anyone is in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone have beta on the Sun Valley bike park? Thinking of peeling out of work on Saturday afternoon and heading that way since I’m already about half way there and it’s going to be too wet to the east. The trail map seems kind of, um, lame. But interested to hear from those that have actually ridden there. Worth the $50?

Could also be convinced to partake in a longer pedally ride if anyone is in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I just rode up cold spring down warm springs and it was fun.
    If you ride the lift I would do one ride down each of those.
    Check the forecast for tomorrow before you commit to anything. Thunderstorm
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Mini TR

Weather panned out pretty nicely, fished the upper Big Lost yesterday. Pretty water but no dice on hooking up. Get back to town and park, assess the dining situation, open door:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629678987.397023.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	383206

Changed in the pouring rain, good times

Ended up at some bar that didn’t serve food, was banking on the Mcdicks in Hailey being open, was not, so liquid dinner and slept behind said Mcdicks.

This morning went to Java on Fourth, great place, amazing coffee. I’m not someone who gets excited about coffee, usually drink it black, but dang they had the stuff

First mtn biker up the lift according to the old timer who loaded my bike. Rode from 9am until about 4:30pm. Feel like I need to go dunk my hands in an ice bath.

Fun trails, saw this stud on the first run around back on Broadway.

Name:	Image1629679259.580988.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	383207

Also almost road killed a bunch of ground birds back there, no clue what they were, much larger than a pheasant.

Nice and clear today

Name:	Image1629679357.866598.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	383208

Name:	Image1629679373.084462.jpg 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	383209

Name:	Image1629679383.562701.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	383210

Name:	Image1629679399.419753.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	383211

Ran warm springs

Name:	Image1629679419.099926.jpg 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	383212

Name:	Image1629679431.926168.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	383213

Name:	Image1629679461.770903.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	383214

Then cold springs to cap er off. Cold springs was pretty sweet

Now at some boushy roof top place

Name:	Image1629679592.853115.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	383215

Sleeping in the car somewhere between here and Arco, to work by 6:30am

Got in a great day on Sunday riding from our campsite on Baker Creek Rd. up and along Osberg Ridge and down Alden to close the loop. Big thunderstorm on Saturday night cleared the smoke and haze out and we had clear blue sky and great air with temps in the low 60's during the day. Osberg has amazing views and Alden is a hoot to finish on!

Name:	Osberg 3.jpg 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	383423

Name:	Osberg1.jpg 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	383424

Name:	Osberg2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	383425

Name:	Osberg 4.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	383426
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Anyone in town and want to split an osberg shuttle tomorrow (8/9)? Really want to do the osberg- imperial ride recommended above.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Yeah, osberg is badass, and coming down Adams rib is sweet. Grab that griffin butte connector, and shady side and ride right back to town...

Edit, I'd love to split a shuttle, but back in SLC, so it ain't happening.

Earlier this summer.

Name:	PXL_20220702_213215968.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	423360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220702_205040419.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	423361
    sigless.

Just got back from 3 days riding up there. We camped on Baker Creek Rd.
    First day we did Osberg-->Alden, had some lunch and beers and then rode up the E Baker Rd and dropped Curly's.
    Second day we did a big Stanley ride, Boundary Creek-->Williams. Burly climb, up nearly 3K in the first 4 miles and then around the back, super remote through the burned out forest and then through the meadow and climbed back up for the rip roaring finish on Williams. Love that ride! Then stopped at some hot springs and grabbed some food & drink in Stanley.
    Third day we did a quick Greenhorn-->Mahoney-->Lodgepole-->Mars Ridge-->Imperial loop and then drove home.
    Love Sun Valley riding!!! Hard to think of 2 funner DHs than Williams & Imperial
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Love Sun Valley riding!!! Hard to think of 2 funner DHs than Williams & Imperial
    Right? I absolutely love the Imperial downhill, especially when the trail is nice and tacky.

Name:	SunValley22-48.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	423845

Just rode Fisher loop. Great ride. Was cruzing down Williams thinking how great it was to get there early and have the ride to myself. Almost ran right into a group of dirt bikers coming up. Thankfully when I locked it up and went off the trail there was no deadfall to hit. Anyway great easy loop, classic ride.
    off your knees Louie

I think i am headed back up there this coming weekend. Anyone want to go for a ride?
    sigless.

^^be advised it is wagon days, one of the worst weekends of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    ^^be advised it is wagon days, one of the worst weekends of the year
    At least during Allen & Co. they mostly stay hidden in seminars and near town. The sheep trailing festival is not my favorite event there either, always those damn sheep, at least their young taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    At least during Allen & Co. they mostly stay hidden in seminars and near town. The sheep trailing festival is not my favorite event there either, always those damn sheep, at least their young taste good.

Actually back in the old days the sheep where everywhere all summer so 3000 for 1 day is acceptable, and it's the people they draw that's the issue anyway.

AQI is 173 right now, not sure which fire(s) are generating the smoke. Wind is out of the NW so could be Four Corners or the Ross Basin fire blowing up or a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Actually back in the old days the sheep where everywhere all summer so 3000 for 1 day is acceptable, and it's the people they draw that's the issue anyway.

AQI is 173 right now, not sure which fire(s) are generating the smoke. Wind is out of the NW so could be Four Corners or the Ross Basin fire blowing up or a new one.
    I rode Croy this morning. Smoke was definitely rough but ok for a quick hour ride.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I rode Croy this morning. Smoke was definitely rough but ok for a quick hour ride.

We'll see what the wind does to the Ross Fork fire this afternoon, which blew up yesterday afternoon. Right now it's light and a clockwise flow out of the south so should not get that much worse today.

Current live Croy air quality conditions.

@basinbeater hit me if you need anything while you’re here. I can’t ride this weekend but happy to dole out advice or spare parts (bike or cruiser) if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Current live Croy air quality conditions.

@basinbeater hit me if you need anything while you’re here. I can’t ride this weekend but happy to dole out advice or spare parts (bike or cruiser) if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey thanks man! Appreciate it. We ended up sticking around SLC this weekend. But I'll hit you up next time we head up that way. We will surely be up at some point in the fall and winter.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Hey thanks man! Appreciate it. We ended up sticking around SLC this weekend. But I'll hit you up next time we head up that way. We will surely be up at some point in the fall and winter.
    Good call. Between smoke, heat and crowds, there are better weekends to come.

Highway 75 from Baker Creek to Petit Lake is closed (9/6/22) due to Ross Fork fire near Smiley Creek. The BCSO has jurisdiction therefore the heavy handedness.

Check https://511.idaho.gov/ for current status.