Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pretty underwhelmed by episode 4. Meh. What do they want with the funky bunch on a space ship? Trying to be funnier than Orville?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

You know nothing, Senior Plague.

Think Seven Samurai - interviewing/collecting the Team, and to push it over the top ...... SEVEN OF MF NINE!!!!

Yeah that was a cool cliffhanger... Although I'm not much of a voyager guy.

Voyager? As in Captain Treadway?? 7-of-9 gets around, but not that much!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Although I'm not much of a voyager guy.
    Well, you're missing out then, my friend! Once the writers finally stopped giving Neelix any attention, the show got way better. I just couldn't get into it when it came out, but when I finally gave it a real shot a few years back and binged them all, I ended up really liking it a lot! Same thing went for DS9. Hated it when it came out so bailed after the first season. Loved it when I revisited it, survived through the boooooring first couple of seasons, but it really paid off later on.

Seems to be a real trend with Star Trek. It's like it takes the writers a couple season to finally find their groove.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Well F me inside out; you are absolutely correct! I need to watch Voyager from the beginning - thank you!!

Austin:
    Ds9 from season 3 on is one of my favorites. Might have to get into voyager post neelix. Thanks for the heads up.

OK, shit's getting good.

Agreed.

No. I have to disagree. This has devolved into some weird sci-fi formerly known as star trek. And what about those bad attempts at humor? Nearly every character annoys me. And of course the weird druggy ex Picard friend has a lost son and everybody is a broken character. And there is a conspiracy, of course. It's not yet discovery bad, but it's getting there.

I won't start with that the whole galaxy has gone down the drain in 20 years thing. I don't know whether that's supposed to be a usa anology or not but it just doesn't make sense universe wise coming from tng, ds9, or voyager.

The only good moments were Picards borg flashbacks.
    And what about the ultraviolence with the eye? Just out of context. And about thee levels above the rest of the show.

Hey, listen, buddy......this is the first Star Trek I think I've ever seen where they throw 'FUCK' around so casually in convo.
    I really feel at home.

Last two episodes have been better. Away from satire back into better TV terrain. Still not star trek.

Fuck you guys and your expectations. I like this show - it's really good. Like "Logan" vis-a-vis the X-men world, just not as dark. How many of you have given shrift to alternative story arcs in other stories? I think this one is worthy.

Agree.
    Went back to re-learn 7 of 9's origin story cuz imma gomer with failing memory syndrome - it was really painful to watch due to pretty much everything ( acting, dialogue, plot, etc.). Picard is Emmy-worthy compared to the old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Fuck you guys and your expectations. I like this show - it's really good. Like "Logan" vis-a-vis the X-men world, just not as dark. How many of you have given shrift to alternative story arcs in other stories? I think this one is worthy.
    No need to get cantankerous, Tipp. Gets better all the time. Please don't tell me it's a ten episode per year series.

Finished binge watching the first season last night.
    Like a lot of people, I think it did start kind of slowly but picked way up in the back half. Shit really got good once they got to the artifact. And by the end I do really think it embodied the spirit of Star Trek with the ending not being some huge battle but based on individual choices by a few people to pick the right path.
    I really look forward to what this show will bring. I hope they build this into a broader exploration of the nature of life and consciousness and what is "artificial". Also looking forward to the supposed return of Guinan. And hopefully SevenOfNine and Raffi bumping fuzzies. I totally could see Seven getting all Domme on her. Borg chicks are into that.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Was hoping that resurrected JL would have some wicked golumy, automaton body/sleeve with major upgrades, but was mildly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Was hoping that resurrected JL would have some wicked golumy, automaton body/sleeve with major upgrades, but was mildly disappointed.
    I think we can count on him to possess some unexpected new qualities.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

But then he'll be riddled with guilt/angst over being no longer truly human

As predictable as the ending was I was happy with JL being the given a second chance considering he was an advocate for Data and automaton rights
    The irony was perfect
    Riker heading up the calvary was too cool
    Can't wait till nest season
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

So, there will be a next season??? Sources?

Already renewed for two more seasons. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...access-1268720

I’m sure Covid has messed up all production though.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

After the good beginning and the travesty of middle episodes the end was OK. But hippie new age Androids and space flowers?

The only really good star trek moment was ryker commanding the star fleet armada.

Most of Picards crew still annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Already renewed for two more seasons. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...access-1268720

I’m sure Covid has messed up all production though.
    Outstanding!