Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The tits!!!!! What happened to THE TITS??!!!???
    Having a couple kids will do that to ya. I'm not complaining though, they're still glorious and Jeri's still a total babe.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    I can confirm that Jeri Ryan was looking good on screen and in person.

It will be on CBS All Access.
    Holy crap!!! You've seen her in person?!!! Please. Tell us more! Also keenly interested to hear about your involvement with the show. If you're allowed to say anything that is.

I like how this thread has changed focus to Jeri Ryan.

Interesting video linking Jeri Ryan to Obama's ascendency.

https://youtu.be/4tYJi3m8hjw

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Holy crap!!! You've seen her in person?!!! Please. Tell us more! Also keenly interested to hear about your involvement with the show. If you're allowed to say anything that is.
    Can't tell if you're fucking with me or not. This is TGR so I assume yes. Anyway I'm not directly involved with the creation of the show but I'm involved in the distribution, so I get an early look at the content and attended the premiere. The cast was there including Jeri.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Can't tell if you're fucking with me or not. This is TGR so I assume yes. Anyway I'm not directly involved with the creation of the show but I'm involved in the distribution, so I get an early look at the content and attended the premiere. The cast was there including Jeri.
    Haha. No, for once I actually wasn't being sarcastic. I was honestly interested! That's sweet you're in the biz. Sounds fun.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Amazing Production values. Like watching a high budget film one hour at a time. I'm all in.

First episode was great. I dont know why everybody says it's slow? Have they ever watched tng?
    And as I said in the expanse thread: all hail Amazon money. You can't throw too much money on Sci fi.

And I seriously can't understand the nerd rage that it is too dark??? Picard fights the fight for all that is good and holy. How much more optimistic is it supposed to be?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I liked the first episode.
    And somehow I convinced my wife to watch it, solely on the appearance of a “space pibble”. And she liked it too!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

As already mentioned, magnificent production quality. The good ol' predictable TNG character portrayal brought a tear to my jaded eye.

This is really good.

Yeah, yeah, yeah........waiting for this thing to get off the ground next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    And as I said in the expanse thread: all hail Amazon money. You can't throw too much money on Sci fi...
    ???

As far as I can tell, Amazon didn't put any money into the production of Picard. They just snatched up the international rights, which means you can stream it on Amazon outside of the United States, but if you live stateside you're screwed unless you pony up for CBS All Access...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

oh... i thought it was also an amazon production becasue of the heavy advertising on their side.
    i stand corrected.

Still, superb second episode. It's a really good show if you dont notice that an hour has already passed. Splat is probably lookig for exploding dinosaurs, borg space fights and magic robots every other second. I dont think you have REALLY watched TNG splat?

...exploding dinosaurs, borg space fights and magic robots every other second...
    THAT is a show I would pay good money to watch...

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

oh... i thought it was also an amazon production becasue of the heavy advertising on their side.
    i stand corrected.

Still, superb second episode. It's a really good show if you dont notice that an hour has already passed. Splat is probably lookig for exploding dinosaurs, borg space fights and magic robots every other second. I don't think you have REALLY watched TNG splat?
    Yes, I admit I like the hard-hitting action of most Star Trek. It's certainly been a while (30 years) since TNG but I think I saw every episode. I have a good memory - it just doesn't last very long.

Hey - How's the Engleberg season?

bad.. like everywhere here on the northern side. I havent been.
    south side is holding up better because of the mega november, but still we dont get many dumps to refresh. (or they are melting away right after they fell). Rain in andermatt to 2700m yesterday. in Early feb....

TNG trivia...
    Reading this I believe I recalled the first TNG episode.
    Wasn't it where an evil pool of black muck was swallowing people?

... and the the concept of the expendable crewman (actually woman on this episode - bonus points if you know her name without teh googler) was permanently installed as a meme of the modern age.

Tasha Yar?

Not the first episode, she had been on the show for awhile....

evil pool of black muck
    Whoa! I thought that was the first episode of TNG too, until I went on my Grand Star Trek: TNG rewatch. I was surprised to find that episode was actually near the end of Season 1. But, I really think it was the first TNG episode I'd ever seen (much like it sounds like it was for you, too), and it definitely made a lasting impression on my 4-year-old psyche. Creeped me the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSinister View Post
    Tasha Yar?
    Correct (played by Denise Crosby, grand daughter of Bing, whom she never met); and I misspoke - she was a regular that turned out to be expendable, so in fact was the anti-meme.

I always considered her Star Trek's first lesbian.

I remember thinking how novel it was that a regular cast member could be killed off without any reason. Unfortunately, I don't think it was ever repeated until the end of the series.

I always considered her Star Trek's first lesbian.
    She banged Data.