Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

EPIC pass now available at Hunta'

woo-hoo
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Obligatory.

If there was ever a need for a Greg check-in, it would be in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I always visit the parents on the East Coast over the holidays. Question: Should I get into the lift line now at Mt. Snow, or wait until August?

The cancer spreads.......

As someone that lives outside of NYC, this really makes my Epic pass more useful. Got more out of it with Okemo in the mix for a few random trips last year beyond my regular Stowe visits and now have Huntah and Snow. While the skiing itself may leave you wanting more, great to have an easy day trip with in striking distance now that I no longer have to buy an extra product for (would buy their triple for random day trips, mostly midweek).

You can all rest easy now that the Sacklers have taken their millions and are out of the ski business.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Great, now I gotta deal with all the out west and beyond gapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    You can all rest easy now that the Sacklers have taken their millions and are out of the ski business.
    Time will tell if it was a good trade.

Hunta, Mt Snow, and 15 other itty bitties

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/vai...-peak-resorts/

Mount Snow in Vermont
    Hunter Mountain in New York
    Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain and Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire
    Liberty Mountain Resort, Roundtop Mountain Resort, Whitetail Resort, Jack Frost and Big Boulder in Pennsylvania
    Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, Brandywine and Mad River Mountain in Ohio
    Hidden Valley and Snow Creek in Missouri
    Paoli Peaks in Indiana

I skied Snow Creek in MO

via Imgflip Meme Generator

$269 million... no wonder Keystone can't afford any new bike trail... again...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlidewaysShooter View Post
    As someone that lives outside of NYC, this really makes my Epic pass more useful. Got more out of it with Okemo in the mix for a few random trips last year beyond my regular Stowe visits and now have Huntah and Snow. While the skiing itself may leave you wanting more, great to have an easy day trip with in striking distance now that I no longer have to buy an extra product for (would buy their triple for random day trips, mostly midweek).
    Just don't come to NH, nothing to see. Tell your friends

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Just don't come to NH, nothing to see. Tell your friends
    Done my share of NH.. unfortunately not wildcat but its on the list. The Conn/Mass gauntlet on the drive is usually too much. I get my share of that with a few summer cape trips. Don't think you will have to worry about many of the Huntah sorts up there.

Will be curious to see how much strain this puts on Snow, Slokemo and Stowe though. Ill still figure out ways to get in some good days regardless .

VR bought up Peak so a bunch of mid Atlantic skiers are jumping up and down.

Nu pass to be called EPeik?
    watch out for snakes

More Jerrys and New Yawk Joeys on the slopes out west. So glad I went Ikonic this season.

Is Hunter the only mountain where the clientele improves because of the Epic pass?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is Hunter the only mountain where the clientele improves because of the Ikon pass?
    It's now Epic, so Deer Valley skiers will be flying in for holiday weekends.

Also glad to have switched to Ikon.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'm glad to go back to Killington/Sugarbush. Let everyone go to Huntah/Stowe. Although Huntah on a Wednesday dump is the best day trip evah for a New Yawker, but, when's the last time that happened?

I can not recommend Wyndham enough.

Never thought my childhood bumps in Ohio would be owned by Vail. I hope they keep some sort of locals pass otherwise they are just pricing more people out of the sport. Even if they are midwest Jerrys.

Pretty sad the direction this is all going. Even more people will be able to access even more terrain for storm cycles. Will powder even last an hour inbounds anymore?

This criticism goes for both passes. Look what happened all last season at Jackson, Squaw, Brighton and Snowbird. This fucking sucks.

No offense, but do people actually think this will create longer lift lines in Ohio? Or even Snow or Hunter? I can see it creating more of a cluster out west at Vail’s “destination” resorts, but I can’t see somebody from Tahoe flying to the east coast to ski Hunter just because it’s on the Epic pass.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    No offense, but do people actually think this will create longer lift lines in Ohio? Or even Snow or Hunter? I can see it creating more of a cluster out west at Vail’s “destination” resorts, but I can’t see somebody from Tahoe flying to the east coast to ski Hunter just because it’s on the Epic pass.

You've obviously never been to Huntah. The potential for "EPIC" liftlines is infinite.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

It aint soo bad...

Yo, Jo-eeeeey. We got free tickets at Vail! Da wimin are so hot there! Madone! Fagetaboutit.

The below cities represent a pretty huge population base where many people who didn’t have an Epic pass may now feel compelled to buy one so they can head west to a destination resort.

“Located near major metropolitan areas, including New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Columbus, St. Louis, Kansas City and Louisville”

It's about selling a few lodging nights out west per New passholder at the epically expensive resorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.