Armada Tracer 118 CHX

Has anyone tried the Armada Tracer 118 CHX? Or any of the other Armada Tracer skis?

I spent a good chunk of last winter on the Armada Arv JJ 116 and over time it really grew on me. Itís not a bash through things stick like everyone on TGR claims to only ski, but more of a precision tool. It definitely got tossed around a bit in heavy cut up pow compared to the Praxis Quixote (which I also spent time on last winter).

I like the length and weight of the ARV JJ 116, just not how it hinges at the end of the AVR/Spoon section. The tip and tail seem to want to have a hard hinge point there, and Iím wondering if the Tracer 118 might be smoother.

I do realize I said Iíd write a review if the ARV JJ 116 and still havenít. Iíll get to it maybe later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Definitely smoother and damper. Much more support in the tails too, but also not as light or quick to pivot. It’s a good ‘don’t notice it’ ski. Does everything well, doesn’t really leap out at you either.

Declivity X on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Definitely smoother and damper. Much more support in the tails too, but also not as light or quick to pivot. Itís a good Ďdonít notice ití ski. Does everything well, doesnít really leap out at you either.

Declivity X on the other hand...
    REALLY dying to know more about the Declivity X. Legit made an account just to respond to this, ha. Please tell all.

Quote Originally Posted by mfe708 View Post
    REALLY dying to know more about the Declivity X. Legit made an account just to respond to this, ha. Please tell all.
    I wish it was a 195 but Iím still curious

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The big comparison for me has always been the Tracer 118 vs the QST 118. On specs alone, they both seem like great backcountry touring skis. Really curious to know which one's got a little more backbone.