Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    only a problem if the mobile home park raises the rent
    True, but if you cut down Jort purchases you can offset rent increases.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Ohhhhhh, good call. IIRC, the Fiero was a bit of a disaster.
    Shitty car but they sold a ton of them.

the interior of the new vette is awful even by vette standards
    Name:  2020-Corvette-C8-interior-720x340.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  44.2 KB

timberridge is humping benny's leg like a chihuahua

How's it handle in 3 feet of fresh snow?
    How's it drive in Saturday AM going to Squaw traffic?
    Sure is pretty to look at though--the fastest color. Maybe when I get too old to ski I'll get a reclaim-my-youth car. Probably something more playful, less of a charger though.

After owning a Corvette, back in the Stone Age, I would definitely wait until this had been out for a few years for GM to fix all of the initial fuck ups in it's design. Still not sure I would ever buy Murican again after that last POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Giant leap forward.
    To what - 70's Euro Tech? The Italians and Porsche had this shit down nearly 50 years ago.

I'm sure it drives like a dream, but I never liked the look of Mid-engined cars. To me the C8 looks like an American Lotus.

lol at the interior. Seriously, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    To what - 70's Euro Tech? The Italians and Porsche had this shit down nearly 50 years ago.

I'm sure it drives like a dream, but I never liked the look of Mid-engined cars. To me the C8 looks like an American Lotus.

I know your 70's line is a bit tongue in cheek, but if you're referring to the placement of the engine then ok. This is an advance to very modern tech. Just head over to jalopnik and read for yourself.

I am no American car fan by any stretch (my Pcar alliegence is well documented here), but the fact is the C6 and C7 have been very good cars with proven results in WEC and IMSA, this C8 will only further that track record.

And it looks like an NSX, a bit too pointey and aggressive for my personal tastes, and the interior is, well, true to Chevy, but as a car guy, this is a big hit.
    I still call it The Jake.

The New Corvette

Even the entry level C6s and C7s were monsters on a road course (for the price point). Those yellow Vettes dominated IMSA for a few years. They sounded like garbage though iirc

Cheap super car for lets say 150K but what will it be worth and is anybody gona give a fuck in 5 years ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I like it, vette need to separate itself from the Camaros and mustangs with a look more distinctive of modern supercars.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    A 2019 Corvette ZR1 will set you back 125k. A base Silverado is 28k. Apples, Oranges.

you're right, of course

it IS a slick looking vehicle, and it has been in recent years too
    not sure why it gets looked down on, other than being American & affordable
    [i'm discounting the interior]

Like all 'vettes, this new model will be great for a year or so, until the cheapness of the interior craftsmanship and quality of build starts rearing its ugly head. It's not that the vette will get out handled or get its ass kicked by a Ferrari or a Porsche, but it will break down and rattle after 50K.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    not sure why it gets looked down on, other than being American & affordable
    [i'm discounting the interior]
    It gets/got looked down on for the same reason a lot of bands do. Their early work was so great... and then they sold out (or just plain turned to suck).

At least they aren’t taking too many exterior styling cues from the Cadillac design team.

A Ferrari, a company from which every recent model has had a penchant for literal spontaneous combustion, is going to be more reliable than a Vette?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Like all 'vettes, this new model will be great for a year or so, until the cheapness of the interior craftsmanship and quality of build starts rearing its ugly head. It's not that the vette will get out handled or get its ass kicked by a Ferrari or a Porsche, but it will break down and rattle after 50K.
    One expects a car that costs 100K+ more should be screwed down better, no? Most higher end Porsche's and all Ferrari's are garage queens and driven on the street like museum pieces on sunny days. Meanwhile you see Corvettes driving on the BQE for chrissakes, in the rain and shitty weather. Take a few trips down any metro NYC road, in springtime, and it will shake anything up. Maybe the Corvette gets to rattle land a bit faster, idk.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A lot faster. I have some experience with all three. I learned to drive a clutch on an L88 (427) , and have fondled many over the past 45 years. They are fast, cool and handle very well. Also, they have cheap interiors, and rattle quickly. Porsches have always been everyday cars. I have experience with everything from 914 to GT2 RS, and have only experienced rattle (maybe) in the 924 (Which was shit).
    Ferraris are just in a different class, and should never be mentioned in the same conversation as anything built in America
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

That's right. This is a driver.

There will be track star versions and trailer queens too, but you'll see this C8 out there on all of America's shitty (except down here where the asphalt gods smile on us) roads, in all kinds of weather, in every season.

Mid-engined, a hair over 3000 lbs, 500hp, a freakin n/a V-8... this brings the supercar to the masses. I think it will produce really fun results across the industry.

Pcars are drivers too, but this is very different.

Personally, I can't wait till these guys weigh in on it.

That is, before Hammond rolls it into a ditch and sets it on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    3000 lbs, 500hp,
    That's 6 lbs for each horsepower.

just in case you weren't keeping count.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    After owning a Corvette, back in the Stone Age, I would definitely wait until this had been out for a few years for GM to fix all of the initial fuck ups in it's design. Still not sure I would ever buy Murican again after that last POS.
    Absolutely.

Release date was pushed back a few months to work out electrical problems.. I’d wait until 21’ or 22’.

In other news... dealerships are giving away the last remaining inventory of front engine vettes. I know a half dozen people that were able to swing a nice deal... I want to say one guy told me he walked away paying sub $40k cash. GM forced dealerships to buy up the remaining inventory and they know damn well they will be stuck once this hits the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Absolutely.

Release date was pushed back a few months to work out electrical problems.. I’d wait until 21’ or 22’.

In other news... dealerships are giving away the last remaining inventory of front engine vettes. I know a half dozen people that were able to swing a nice deal... I want to say one guy told me he walked away paying sub $40k cash. GM forced dealerships to buy up the remaining inventory and they know damn well they will be stuck once this hits the market.
    Truth. Guy in my office just picked up a Z-06 with the 7-speed for what could best be described as highway robbery. Had no need for it, just too good of a deal to pass up.

Shit is only worth what people will pay for it and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of people paying the big bucks for Ferrari/ Porsche/ exotic cars to leave them in the garage

while the Corvette has always lacked the same cachet

Most of the time he lies like a rug but in this case I would be interested in the opinion of Bobby Stainless cuz this is his game

I am not sure why GM is bothering ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Shit is only worth what people will pay for it.

I am not sure why GM is bothering ?
    To your first point... I mean yeah... that goes for mega yachts and packs of gum too..

To answer your question... because the Car will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    To your first point... I mean yeah... that goes for mega yachts and packs of gum too..

To answer your question... because the Car will be better.
    And because they know it will make them money.

And because this is a market niche that the Corvette fills.

“Why bother?” What the hell kind of question is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Likely along the lines of conspiracy to make money.

I hear they may even make more than one in this grand scheme!