Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 380
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Laura Ingraham Schooled By Benjamin Watson In Deeply Satisfying Fox News Segment



    I swear that headline up there is not the result of late night Mad Libs. Patriots tight end Benjamin Watson was on Fox News with conservative shithead Laura Ingraham Monday to discuss a recent article by Jemele Hill. It became clear almost immediately that Watson was expected to share Ingraham’s sneering contempt for Hill’s argument, and when he did not, Ingraham was reduced to blurting out middle-school-grade retorts and awkwardly shuffling Watson off camera. It ruled.
    Hill made the case very persuasively for the October edition of The Atlantic that top black recruits should attend and play for historically black colleges and universities, as a way of investing the value of their athletic exploits in institutions that “play an important role in the creation and propagation of a black professional class.” Her case is built on the monetary windfall reaped from athletics by overwhelmingly white schools in the Power Five conferences, largely via the work of black male athletes, and is backed up by eye-popping statistics:
    About 30 Division I schools each bring in at least $100 million in athletic revenue every year. Almost all of these schools are majority white—in fact, black men make up only 2.4 percent of the total undergraduate population of the 65 schools in the so-called Power Five athletic conferences. Yet black men make up 55 percent of the football players in those conferences, and 56 percent of basketball players.
    [...]
    Despite constituting only 3 percent of four-year colleges in the country, HBCUs have produced 80 percent of the black judges, 50 percent of the black lawyers, 50 percent of the black doctors, 40 percent of the black engineers, 40 percent of the black members of Congress, and 13 percent of the black CEOs in America today. (They have also produced this election cycle’s only black female candidate for the U.S. presidency: Kamala Harris is a 1986 graduate of Howard University.)


    https://deadspin.com/laura-ingraham-...son-1838001655

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Against the Ducks there's always a chance. We loooooove giving games away.
    If Cristobal had actually used up his play clock throughout the game Auburn wouldn’t have had time to come back at the end.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    What are the odds that my Montana Grizzlies take down the Ducks this weekend?
    My school, North Alabama played in Missoula last week and were leading st the half I think. Got obliterated in the 2nd half
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  4. #179
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Bama wins at SCAR tomorrow but it’ll be fairly close....37-24
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    My school, North Alabama played in Missoula last week and were leading st the half I think. Got obliterated in the 2nd half
    I was at the game. They played solid in the first half, then the Griz seemed to step it up and cause errors by North Alabama. I think the Griz held them to 64 yards in the second half.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,338
    Well the Bucks are taking care of business at Indiana... I think we have a team on our hands...

    Def a ruff weekend for good games compared to last weekend...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,156
    Man what a boring slate of games today. Literally not one game I'm really looking forward to watching

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,338
    Looks like the Bucks will cover the 16 point spread... 50 to 10 at Indiana... O - H biatches...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  9. #184
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Bama in trouble early. OL is a disaster and DL can’t get pressure or stop the run
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,037
    GO COCKS!!!!!!!
    "Can't you see..."

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,156
    Man, that is such a YHUGE missed opportunity.. should be 24-17

    Gotta take advantage of shit like that against Bama!!!

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Bama in trouble early. OL is a disaster and DL can’t get pressure or stop the run
    Lol. If only Alabama was actually as bad as their fans pretend. Goal line stop to go into half time 14 points up on the road against a conference opponent....

    I get they beat you last time you played, but that was 9 years ago [cough]play 9 conference games[/cough].

    Big 10 east is looking like Ohio State and everyone else. With Wisconsin at home I could see them going undefeated this year.

    Stanford sucks.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,037
    Damn we’re movin the ball on ala
    "Can't you see..."

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,055
    MSU and ASU is an ugly slug fest of defense. ASU hasn't allowed anyone to score in the first three quarters of any game this season. Two missed field goals for MSU

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Lol. If only Alabama was actually as bad as their fans pretend. Goal line stop to go into half time 14 points up on the road against a conference opponent....

    I get they beat you last time you played, but that was 9 years ago [cough]play 9 conference games[/cough].

    Big 10 east is looking like Ohio State and everyone else. With Wisconsin at home I could see them going undefeated this year.

    Stanford sucks.
    MS does this every year... Alabama can play un-ranked team and he always posts the same note... They have a great team but they wont win the National Championship...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,055
    Not a happy night Sparty land.

    12 men on the field costs you the tying field goal. ASU with the upset.


    And let’s go Huskies!

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Not a happy night Sparty land.

    12 men on the field costs you the tying field goal. ASU with the upset.


    And let’s go Huskies!
    What kind of world do we live in where Washington State, ASU, Cal, and Utah are the standard bearers of the Pac 12 conference?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261

    2019 College Football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    MS does this every year... Alabama can play un-ranked team and he always posts the same note... They have a great team but they wont win the National Championship...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not every year but I do post what I think and what I see. Last year lack of depth in secondary and zero pass rush as well as TUA being inconsistent vs good teams I thought they’d lose eventually and they did.

    This team is elite at QB and WR but really average or below average everywhere else. OL is plain bad currently. RBs aren’t the same
    Kind of backs as in the past. Still no pass rush and ZERO depth at LB where they are playing freshman. Special teams remain an inconsistent mess. They’ll win most games but watch Aggie in College Station as well as LSU at home.

    This defense has allowed over 100 yards rushing in 2 of first 3, they once went 6 years and only allowed over 100 3 times. Run game didn’t gain at least 100 on offense for first time in 69 games.

    Good team, better than most, but not a complete team by a mile.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lower Mainland
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Not a happy night Sparty land.

    12 men on the field costs you the tying field goal. ASU with the upset.
    Even my wife was laughing at Michigan State, and she doesn't give a shit about football. ASU got away with the missed leaping call for sure, I was surprised that didn't get flagged.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,156
    Man I'm not a Clemson fan by any means, but... do like watching Travis Etienne. Dude looks like he got shot out of a cannon every time he touches the ball

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Not every year but I do post what I think and what I see. Last year lack of depth in secondary and zero pass rush as well as TUA being inconsistent vs good teams I thought they’d lose eventually and they did.

    This team is elite at QB and WR but really average or below average everywhere else. OL is plain bad currently. RBs aren’t the same
    Kind of backs as in the past. Still no pass rush and ZERO depth at LB where they are playing freshman. Special teams remain an inconsistent mess. They’ll win most games but watch Aggie in College Station as well as LSU at home.

    This defense has allowed over 100 yards rushing in 2 of first 3, they once went 6 years and only allowed over 100 3 times. Run game didn’t gain at least 100 on offense for first time in 69 games.

    Good team, better than most, but not a complete team by a mile.
    Like I said... Most teams would love to have Bamas problems... Did you see what the Bucks did to Indiana...? F me we have a team...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

  22. #197
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Like I said... Most teams would love to have Bamas problems...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    For sure but the standard is title or bust
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,962
    Stopping in for the first time in years to say Fuck Penn State.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
    Posts
    655

    2019 College Football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Stopping in for the first time in years to say Fuck Penn State.
    You lose money on that game or something yesterday?

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    You lose money on that game or something yesterday?
    Nope. Just hate those arrogant, oblivious, douchebag pedophile supporting pieces of shit.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •