Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    What drives me bonkers about Bama is that the ONLY reason they are in the convo is that they were ranked high in pre-season. Then they beat a bunch of shitty teams that neither prove nor deny that ranking. So when they lose to LSU everyone can still say they are in it even though they have zero quality wins. Now no Tua, so they are at best what? A top 15 team?

A one loss Utah not getting in would be a travesty, so I’m assuming CFB will do it. PAC 12 should boycott the Rose Bowl in that case
    I agree with everything here, the committee cares more about ratings than trying to put the most deserving team in. What they should do is drop Alabama behind both Utah and Oklahoma for playing a patsy in late November.

Remember, they've never screwed a ONE LOSS power 5 champion out of the playoffs. Back in 17-18 when Alabama snuck in the back door there were two things in play... PAC 12 and BiG champs both had more than one loss.. Part 2 of the reason was Alabama and Georgia had not yet played that season at all. I don't think they'll screw a one loss P5 champ to see two SEC (or BiG) teams play a re match of a game they already played recently and let the team that lost back in.

Bigger dilemma is what if we have fewer playoff spots than P5 one loss champs? One loss Minnesota (lost to Iowa), Oklahoma/Baylor (lost to Kansas State/vs Oklahoma 1-1) , Utah (Lost to USC), Georgia (lost to South Carolina) all vying for 3 spots remaining, assuming Clemson holds serve? Add in the other one loss non champs LSU and OSU.... Who are the other three teams and why?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fucking utah rolling over to usc.....Whittingham let’s go of some pride and stops playing man coverage they win that game even w moss hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I finally get to go to a College Game Day in MN. So stoked. Keep the Axe. Go Gophers!

As you guys chat about the FBS playoffs, the FCS (1AA) version of the real playoffs were announced today. And why can't the big boys do this again?

24 teams, top 8 get a bye, next 16 play week 1 and advance. 5 weeks total to a national champion.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    As you guys chat about the FBS playoffs, the FCS (1AA) version of the real playoffs were announced today. And why can't the big boys do this again?

24 teams, top 8 get a bye, next 16 play week 1 and advance. 5 weeks total to a national champion.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Power 5s can't even get their best players to show up for the regular bowls anymore because they're afraid of career ending injuries. Good luck getting them to commit to 4 weeks of playoffs after the regular season ends. Cutting one week from the regular season to push the conference titles up would allow time for an 8 team instead of the current 4 team playoff system though.

College football is clearly becoming more and more near to being in its own NCAA category. By that I mean, we should probably start treating CFB as a non-conference sport. No more B1G, Pac-12, SEC, etc. for College Football.

Time to realize that this sport is owned by a select set of schools. Create a "College Football Elite Conference". Then, place those teams in to a divisional breakdown similar to the 32-team NFL.

It's going to cut out some schools, but let's face it, even if the "College Football Elite Conference" allowed 40 schools, it would still end up being dominated by the same 5-8 schools for the next two decades.

This idea really does have some merit and should be taken seriously. The studies are showing that football (in general) is on the decline for participation, so this plan makes even more sense.

Welp? Go Utes!

Love,

Duck fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Now. Can you respond with a simple "yes" or "no" to the bet?.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm not going to bet something I believe is entirely possible and even likely IF Big12, BiG and Pac12 have two loss champions. You said LSU is in if they lose to Georgia period. If you're saying that an SEC one loss NON CHAMPION gets in over a one loss Power 5 Conference Champion I'm in for fifty AND Avatar Phrase Humiliation. Are you in for the avatar humiliation?

It's the same kind of bet I made with Ok State friends year after year until they quit betting me. Facebook profile photo on the line. Freaking hilarious to see all their friends freaking out asking why they have an OU photo instead of OSU.. I get it. Even your school mascot is a fucking chicken..
    I don't think its humanly fucking possible for you to respond with one word to anything.
    / can't fuckin respond with one word.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I agree with everything here, the committee cares more about ratings than trying to put the most deserving team in. What they should do is drop Alabama behind both Utah and Oklahoma for playing a patsy in late November.
    Stop your pre-emptive whining. A 1 loss Alabama team is not going to get in ahead of a 1 loss Ute team because the Utes will have one more quality win if they remain at 1 loss and that will give the committee the justification it needs to move them ahead of Bama. The thing you have to worry about is Georgia beating LSU in an epic SEC championship game. If that happens, you might get screwed because both those teams would be viewed as having more quality wins than the Utes and might get in ahead of them.

Utes aren't getting the support needed. Not saying they're they're not a better team but not a lot of top 25 teams on their list of 2019 wins. Sooners have two top 25 teams left on the docket, already have a win over one of them. If they win out, they're probably in.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/2...abama-oklahoma

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...h1vm0usshnwoyd

I honestly don't think we have the talent to beat LSU, Clemson, or Ohio State this season. Probably lose the Championship to Baylor in the rematch and play Bama in the Sugar Bowl. That ought to be fun. If we beat jOKe State this weekend and Baylor again we're probably getting bumped above our pay grade,

So you won't bet your avatar that Utes or OU aren't in if they win out with a conference title? 12-1 OU/UT is in.. Yes or no? One word!
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 11-25-2019 at 05:24 PM.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Stop your pre-emptive whining.
    Not a chance in hell. If I can’t whine, why would I watch college football?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    No
    See, not that hard!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    A 1 loss Alabama team is not going to get in ahead of a 1 loss Ute team because the Utes will have one more quality win if they remain at 1 loss
    Disagree; "we'll see."
    "Can't you see..."

See, not that hard!
    Prove it

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    12-1 OU/UT is in.. Yes or no? One word!

Sum Jong Guy

FUCK YOU.

/ ignore / done / sorry to the populance for the disturbance.

Worst part I told gary a while back not to try and I can't follow my own advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Can't you see..."

Sum Jong Guy

FUCK YOU.

/ ignore / done / sorry to the populance for the disturbance.

Worst part I told gary a while back not to try and I can't follow my own advice.
    Who's the pussy? Basically the same bet with avatar also on the line and can't answer. Nuff said..

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    WSU coming back in the last few minutes to beat a revitalized Oregon State. 1240 yds of total offense, 105 points, two teams that know you go for it on fourth down Anthony Gordon throwing game over 600yds.
    That was a good game, apparently Gordon audibled away from a pass to the handoff to Borghi. Well done.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

GO Dawgs Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2746.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	540.6 KB 
ID:	304129

Getting the house ready for 40ish of my Buckeye friends coming over for the big game...! Come on boys dont F this one up...! Def sweating this one as a lot is on the line and Big Blue is playing really well and playing at the Big House... Come on Chase Young...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Getting the house ready for 40ish of my Buckeye friends coming over for the big game...! Come on boys dont F this one up...! Def sweating this one as a lot is on the line and Big Blue is playing really well and playing at the Big House... Come on Chase Young...!

That’s pretty impressive. You all in Ohio?

Husband and wife communication breakdown... I invited people and she invited people and did not discuss... Just got texts from a couple of friends who asked to bring some additional guests... And yep all from OH...! Stomach is in knots right now and ready for the game to start...!

Just here to say Go Blue!