Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 274
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,256

    2019 College Football thread

    Media days are here....camp starts in two weeks.... first games are in about 5 weeks. It is time!

    1. CLemson
    2. UGA
    3. Bama
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Ohio State

    I think Bama loses to Aggie (who along with South Carolina has to play CLemson, Bama, and UGA) and to UGA. CLemson, UGA, OU, and Michigan make the playoffs. Clemson vs UGA for title. UGA wins it all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,147
    Christ.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,073
    Jalen Hurts wins Heisman, OU beats Clemson for the championship. Likely? maybe only fair chance, but hoping it goes down like that.

    Just hoping no major injuries to anyone key to the top teams in the mix screw up their chances. Lots of good football without career ending consequences is all I really want to see.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,142
    I read yesterday that the B1G stopped conducting its preseason poll because it didn’t want to offend its members.

    So Cleveland.com conducted it, polling the 40some beat writers of the conference. 30some picked Michigan to win the East.
    I still call it The Jake.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,953
    If anyone wants free money, take Utah +500 to win the PAC. Put your mortgage payment on it and thank me later.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,958
    Where do we stand on the “horns down” controversy? So lame this is an issue. I’m in the horns down camp. F Texas.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    8,694
    Hoping that my Hurricanes will have a QB who steps up. I am tired of the ACC Coastal settling for mediocrity
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,147
    Fine.....Oregon wins Pac 12 fo' sho. Don't know where they land (first game vs. Auburn may determine that). But they have a very good team this year on both sides of the ball. Weakness is definitely our secondary, which is a long standing Ducks tradition.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Where do we stand on the “horns down” controversy? So lame this is an issue. I’m in the horns down camp. F Texas.
    i'm down with coaches and players cannot do it as it can be viewed similar to excessive celebration, but if texas, one of the richest and winningest football teams; are going to get their panties in a bunch; I hope every fan at road games does it.


    OU and Georgia for it all, the speculation alone if saban has lost it would be great.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,989
    "Can't you see..."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    i'm down with coaches and players cannot do it as it can be viewed similar to excessive celebration, but if texas, one of the richest and winningest football teams; are going to get their panties in a bunch; I hope every fan at road games does it.


    OU and Georgia for it all, the speculation alone if saban has lost it would be great.
    If opposing players can't do Whorns down then TesASS players and coaches can't do Whorns up. Seems like it should go both ways if anything being penalized.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I read yesterday that the B1G stopped conducting its preseason poll because it didn’t want to offend its members.

    So Cleveland.com conducted it, polling the 40some beat writers of the conference. 30some picked Michigan to win the East.
    And 30 some picked them to beat the Bucks last year... We know how that turned out... Glad you are back and looking forward to the Buckeye and Blue banter...!

    And I am going with Clemnson...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 07-18-2019 at 12:31 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    10,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Where do we stand on the “horns down” controversy? So lame this is an issue. I’m in the horns down camp. F Texas.
    They will call a penalty. Stupid as all hell. But all of us Mountaineers will be screaming and going nuts with the Horns Down!! Texas can suck a bag
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    10,985
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I hope every fan at road games does it.
    They will be out in full force throwing em down!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,273
    Did someone start another thread about:
    Name:  bucky.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  22.9 KB
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    No thanks. I'll stick with porn. - Benny

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,989
    and BTW you are cordially invited to go shut your whore mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    1. CLemson
    3. Bama
    "Can't you see..."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,800
    Well, fuck all you down-horning villains right back! Assholes. And fuck your schools, and your mothers, too.

    The “up-horn” sign is simply an homage to Bevo, it is not derogatory towards the other team. It is perfectly legit.

    I know you guys are jealous that you don’t have a similar gesture that you can call your own. And some of you might also be jealous that half of West Texas oil rights (or something like that) weren’t dedicated to your school in the state constitution (hey, if you don’t like it, go ahead and amend the constitution), so you got to get all pouty and do this taunting thing.

    I feel sorry for you guys.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,073
    BEVO got the name after being branded 13 - 0 following the 1938 game with that being the final score. So, even your damned mascot name was OUr idea LOL!

    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,565

    2019 College Football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    BEVO got the name after being branded 13 - 0 following the 1938 game with that being the final score. So, even your damned mascot name was OUr idea LOL!
    Well, you got the score right but everything else wrong. EVEN IF this account is true, it was the aggies who branded him not ou. It also occurred more than 20 years earlier than 1938, in 1917, and referred to the 1915 game (in which the aggies prevailed 13-0). They did it in what was the spring following a 1916 defeat of the ags 21-7 in Austin. The 1915 game also marks the first time the rivalry was played in College Station.

    https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/h...uth-about-bevo

    I wonder if this myth is common in soonerville.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 07-19-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,989
    ^ Oh snap. you've done it now. Do you realize who your talkin to?
    "Can't you see..."

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Well, you got the score right but everything else wrong. EVEN IF this account is true, it was the aggies who branded him not ou. It also occurred more than 20 years earlier than 1938, in 1917, and referred to the 1915 game (in which the aggies prevailed 13-0). They did it in what was the spring following a 1916 defeat of the ags 21-7 in Austin. The 1915 game also marks the first time the rivalry was played in College Station.

    https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/h...uth-about-bevo

    I wonder if this myth is common in soonerville.
    Cool beans anyway!

    So still whorns down amirite?

    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ^ Oh snap. you've done it now. Do you realize who your talkin to?
    A dirt burglar with a poor understanding of history, if I had just one guess. LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Cool beans anyway!

    So still whorns down amirite?
    Oh don't "cool beans" me!

    Look here, now, I'm not your buddy, guy.

    The Horns down thing just shows how badly you feel the need to be compared to UT, even in your most glorious moments.

    No surprise the burglars tried to burgle the 13-0 story. Pathetic really. Makes me almost feel sorry for them.

    62-47-5.

    Hook Em!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    A dirt burglar with a poor understanding of history, if I had just one guess. LOL.



    Oh don't "cool beans" me!

    Look here, now, I'm not your buddy, guy.

    The Horns down thing just shows how badly you feel the need to be compared to UT, even in your most glorious moments.

    No surprise the burglars tried to burgle the 13-0 story. Pathetic really. Makes me almost feel sorry for them.

    62-47-5.

    Hook Em!
    Here's a fun fact Jong I did my graduate work in the UT system at U Texas @ Dallas.. So Hook'm indeed after they lose to my undergraduate alma mater.


    Especially fun when Texas beat USC for the Natty. My dad did his graduate work at SC and was a HUGE fan. That was the last time one of my college teams played one of his before he passed away.

    And, Ya I do think Vince Young's knee was down on that pitch hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,958
    Bama and Bucky schedule a home and home for 2024/25. As much as I hate Bucky, go Bucky.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Jalen Hurts wins Heisman, OU beats Clemson for the championship. Likely.
    not at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    If anyone wants free money, take Utah +500 to win the PAC. Put your mortgage payment on it and thank me later.
    5-1 in that conference is a good bet, oregon have a shot. usc, washington, stanford are not at the level they should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    But all of us Mountaineers will be screaming and going nuts with the Horns Down!!
    always do and drunk as hell. with holgorsen gone, they have wvu #8 in the big12. go mounties but not optimistic

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    like

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •