Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2019 College Football thread

Media days are here....camp starts in two weeks.... first games are in about 5 weeks. It is time!

1. CLemson
    2. UGA
    3. Bama
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Ohio State

I think Bama loses to Aggie (who along with South Carolina has to play CLemson, Bama, and UGA) and to UGA. CLemson, UGA, OU, and Michigan make the playoffs. Clemson vs UGA for title. UGA wins it all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Christ.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Jalen Hurts wins Heisman, OU beats Clemson for the championship. Likely? maybe only fair chance, but hoping it goes down like that.

Just hoping no major injuries to anyone key to the top teams in the mix screw up their chances. Lots of good football without career ending consequences is all I really want to see.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I read yesterday that the B1G stopped conducting its preseason poll because it didn’t want to offend its members.

So Cleveland.com conducted it, polling the 40some beat writers of the conference. 30some picked Michigan to win the East.
    I still call it The Jake.

If anyone wants free money, take Utah +500 to win the PAC. Put your mortgage payment on it and thank me later.

Where do we stand on the “horns down” controversy? So lame this is an issue. I’m in the horns down camp. F Texas.

Hoping that my Hurricanes will have a QB who steps up. I am tired of the ACC Coastal settling for mediocrity
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Fine.....Oregon wins Pac 12 fo' sho. Don't know where they land (first game vs. Auburn may determine that). But they have a very good team this year on both sides of the ball. Weakness is definitely our secondary, which is a long standing Ducks tradition.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Where do we stand on the “horns down” controversy? So lame this is an issue. I’m in the horns down camp. F Texas.
    i'm down with coaches and players cannot do it as it can be viewed similar to excessive celebration, but if texas, one of the richest and winningest football teams; are going to get their panties in a bunch; I hope every fan at road games does it.

OU and Georgia for it all, the speculation alone if saban has lost it would be great.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

"Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    i'm down with coaches and players cannot do it as it can be viewed similar to excessive celebration, but if texas, one of the richest and winningest football teams; are going to get their panties in a bunch; I hope every fan at road games does it.

OU and Georgia for it all, the speculation alone if saban has lost it would be great.
    If opposing players can't do Whorns down then TesASS players and coaches can't do Whorns up. Seems like it should go both ways if anything being penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I read yesterday that the B1G stopped conducting its preseason poll because it didn’t want to offend its members.

So Cleveland.com conducted it, polling the 40some beat writers of the conference. 30some picked Michigan to win the East.
    And 30 some picked them to beat the Bucks last year... We know how that turned out... Glad you are back and looking forward to the Buckeye and Blue banter...!

And I am going with Clemnson...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 07-18-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    They will call a penalty. Stupid as all hell. But all of us Mountaineers will be screaming and going nuts with the Horns Down!! Texas can suck a bag
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I hope every fan at road games does it.
    They will be out in full force throwing em down!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Did someone start another thread about:
    Name:  bucky.jpg
Views: 2396
Size:  22.9 KB
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

and BTW you are cordially invited to go shut your whore mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    1. CLemson
    3. Bama
    "Can't you see..."

Well, fuck all you down-horning villains right back! Assholes. And fuck your schools, and your mothers, too.

The “up-horn” sign is simply an homage to Bevo, it is not derogatory towards the other team. It is perfectly legit.

I know you guys are jealous that you don’t have a similar gesture that you can call your own. And some of you might also be jealous that half of West Texas oil rights (or something like that) weren’t dedicated to your school in the state constitution (hey, if you don’t like it, go ahead and amend the constitution), so you got to get all pouty and do this taunting thing.

I feel sorry for you guys.

BEVO got the name after being branded 13 - 0 following the 1938 game with that being the final score. So, even your damned mascot name was OUr idea LOL!

2019 College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    BEVO got the name after being branded 13 - 0 following the 1938 game with that being the final score. So, even your damned mascot name was OUr idea LOL!
    Well, you got the score right but everything else wrong. EVEN IF this account is true, it was the aggies who branded him not ou. It also occurred more than 20 years earlier than 1938, in 1917, and referred to the 1915 game (in which the aggies prevailed 13-0). They did it in what was the spring following a 1916 defeat of the ags 21-7 in Austin. The 1915 game also marks the first time the rivalry was played in College Station.

https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/h...uth-about-bevo

I wonder if this myth is common in soonerville.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 07-19-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

^ Oh snap. you've done it now. Do you realize who your talkin to?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Well, you got the score right but everything else wrong. EVEN IF this account is true, it was the aggies who branded him not ou. It also occurred more than 20 years earlier than 1938, in 1917, and referred to the 1915 game (in which the aggies prevailed 13-0). They did it in what was the spring following a 1916 defeat of the ags 21-7 in Austin. The 1915 game also marks the first time the rivalry was played in College Station.

https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/h...uth-about-bevo

I wonder if this myth is common in soonerville.
    Cool beans anyway!

So still whorns down amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ^ Oh snap. you've done it now. Do you realize who your talkin to?
    A dirt burglar with a poor understanding of history, if I had just one guess. LOL.

Cool beans anyway!

So still whorns down amirite?
    Oh don't "cool beans" me!

Look here, now, I'm not your buddy, guy.

The Horns down thing just shows how badly you feel the need to be compared to UT, even in your most glorious moments.

No surprise the burglars tried to burgle the 13-0 story. Pathetic really. Makes me almost feel sorry for them.

62-47-5.

Hook Em!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    A dirt burglar with a poor understanding of history, if I had just one guess. LOL.

Oh don't "cool beans" me!

Look here, now, I'm not your buddy, guy.

The Horns down thing just shows how badly you feel the need to be compared to UT, even in your most glorious moments.

No surprise the burglars tried to burgle the 13-0 story. Pathetic really. Makes me almost feel sorry for them.

62-47-5.

Hook Em!
    Here's a fun fact Jong I did my graduate work in the UT system at U Texas @ Dallas.. So Hook'm indeed after they lose to my undergraduate alma mater.

Especially fun when Texas beat USC for the Natty. My dad did his graduate work at SC and was a HUGE fan. That was the last time one of my college teams played one of his before he passed away.

And, Ya I do think Vince Young's knee was down on that pitch hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Bama and Bucky schedule a home and home for 2024/25. As much as I hate Bucky, go Bucky.

Jalen Hurts wins Heisman, OU beats Clemson for the championship. Likely.
    not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    If anyone wants free money, take Utah +500 to win the PAC. Put your mortgage payment on it and thank me later.
    5-1 in that conference is a good bet, oregon have a shot. usc, washington, stanford are not at the level they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    But all of us Mountaineers will be screaming and going nuts with the Horns Down!!
    always do and drunk as hell. with holgorsen gone, they have wvu #8 in the big12. go mounties but not optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post