Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Utah and Oklahoma do have a common opponent, UCLA. OU won 48-14 and Utah won 49-3.
    As a Bruin that fucking hurt.

At 11-1 currently, Baylor, Oklahoma, or Utah will definitely be in. Of those three, whoever looks the best in their conference championship game is in. A second SEC team could sneak in if Ohio State or Clemson were to lose.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Can we all talk about how Bama should be allowed into the playoff now? Totally looked like a top five team out there today...
    Nope no way, mid season cupcake teams are ridiculous.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    Nope no way, mid season cupcake teams are ridiculous.
    Check your meter

At 11-1 currently, Baylor, Oklahoma, or Utah will definitely be in. Of those three, whoever looks the best in their conference championship game is in. A second SEC team could sneak in if Ohio State or Clemson were to lose.
    The pundits believe even if LSU, Clemson or OSU lose their final game they will still be in the final 4... I am sure others will disagree, but these 3 teams past the test and are undefeated... Why should others with weaker schedules and a loss to pretty much a nobody jump the 3 undefeated teams...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

In no matter what:
    LSU, Ohio State, Clemson

In with an asterisks*:
    -Utah needs to beat Oregon huge AND have LSU beat Georgia. Then, based on the committee rankings thus far, I'd say Utah would be #4, regardless of any other game.
    -Oklahoma beats Baylor AND Utah loses AND LSU wins. OK = #4
    -Georgia beats LSU. They're in top 4.

It amazes me that people think UGA chance at beating LSU. Lol. Taking LSU at -3.5 all day long. I’d say that’s a TD game at least.

Also taking Utah at -3 over Oregon even @115. Folks overvaluing the Oregon name brand. Utes gonna roll.

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Why should others with weaker schedules and a loss to pretty much a nobody jump the 3 undefeated teams...?

Speaking of weak schedules, I submit all BiG teams for your review.. Minnesota beat most of them.

A) Because they would no longer be undefeated if they lose their conference championship game
    B) Because the nobody else wants to see a do over of a game that literally just happened. Letting the conference championship game loser back in does exactly that. Lose and go home..
    C) Because conference championships matter when the records are otherwise the same, 12-1.
    D) See A, B, and C.

Peterson to resign from UW following bowl game. Jimmy Lake to be new HC Recruiting all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Peterson to resign from UW following bowl game.
    Wow. What does "move into a leadership advisory role" mean?

Speaking of weak schedules, I submit all BiG teams for your review.. Minnesota beat most of them.
    Huh? The Big ten has six teams in the top 25, three or four teams in the top 15 and the number one team in the country... Minnesota played the #10, #8, and #17 teams in the country. 'Bama played two ranked teams all year.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Huh? The Big ten has six teams in the top 25, three or four teams in the top 15 and the number one team in the country... Minnesota played the #10, #8, and #17 teams in the country. 'Bama played two ranked teams all year.
    Dutchie, it is a lost cause with SumJong...! His take after every Saturday has a completely different take than just about everyone on this board and anaylsts... I am not sure he is ever taking a look at stats, strength of schedule or wins when responding... Minnesota had a legit team this year with quality wins...

SJG has no understanding of college football. Even after Gundy called em out he still probably thinks Oklahoma runs a spread offense not a run heavy smash it down your throat offense.

SJG has no understanding of college football. Even after Gundy called em out he still probably thinks Oklahoma runs a spread offense not a run heavy smash it down your throat offense.
    Completely agree and when I was on a conf call I saw the announcement about Washingtons coach... That without had to be a surprise...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Sorry, forgot my sarcism font. Scroll up a bit and you'll see I said Minnesota was under rated, dark horse of the BiG... before they beat Penn State. Tough to tell with BiG overall though. Haven't seen any cross conference games against solid opponents in other conferences.

They did earlier in the season but changed to the run and grind the clock when it became clear the defense was still a problem. Gundy called out Hurts. Check the game stats. They heard him. Brooks carried the load Saturday. jOKe State had no answer for that.

SJG has no understanding of college football.
    Understatement of the fuckin year

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Understatement of the fuckin year
    Says the guy who wouldn't put his avatar phrase on the line for one week, just willing to risk a little money. Then blocked me when I even offered to bet BOTH. Ya, real expert up there confident in his knowledge. He had the chance to prove it. That chance is passed. Bye Felicia LOL!

I don't give a fuck about being an expert at college football, I know I had a great college experience seeing my team win a not of games, including the NATTY the year I graduated. There is no topping that even though we've won another and been peritoneal top ten pretty much this entire century. I even enjoyed pulling for them and going to games in the 90s when we had some pretty piss poor seasons.. although nothing as bad as South Carolina is having lately

So no fucks left to give to you fair weather fans LOL

think we are forgetting the basically home field advantage UGA has Saturday. Would love to see LSU+UGA in, otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

(BTW FUCK OKLAHOMA UP THE ASS)
    "Can't you see..."

At the risk of exciting SJG, Oklahoma’s option offense will confuse LSUs defense (which is likely the weakest unit in the top three teams). Ohio State and Clemson would both likely stomp OK into the ground though. Both teams ability to rapidly generate pressure would be something OK hasn’t seen since the first half of the Baylor game.

For the most part though I pretty much agree with the narrative of #4 getting stomped regardless of who #4 or #1 is. Utah is a more complete team than ‘16 Washington, or ‘18 Notre Dame though and more complete than UGA, oklahoma, or Baylor. Their defense can show up and likely force any team to play their way. The offense has multiple threats and can put in work. they’re likely to put up the best fight against Ohio State.

But #4 is gonna lose to #1 regardless and I don’t think it’s gonna be particularly close.

Full faith in the LSU fan base traveling to ATL this weekend. This isn’t the PAC 12 where the championship is played Friday night in Santa Clara a thousand miles from the schools. It’s a 6 hour drive from New Orleans and played on Saturday. Plus like every other SEC fan base, LSU football is the only thing LSU fans have going on in their lives. Ute fans will be giving up work and skiing to go to their championship.

It’s a 6 hour drive from New Orleans
    Now that's funny.
    "Can't you see..."

LSU has the Ain'ts on Sundays. Alabama and Oklahoma are the ones with zero other high level sports options.. Well OK has the Sonics too but that's not as conflicting as an NFL team would be to their fan base.

I don't think Oklahoma is ready for a Natty Championship game. Need another year or two to get some size in OUr secondary. They play their blessed little hearts out but if offense doesn't control the ball and chew up a lot of clock OUr defense wears down and falls apart on the 4th. I'd honestly rather see Utah get the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Now that's funny.
    I dunnit

Laugh all you want about Utah, I did .. But, there is something to be said for how well they're doing for what they've been given to work with. Not a football school, not as much alumni support, hard to recruit 5* talent to play there, etc... I've got to think their coaching staff is getting offers from bigger fish like Michigan, Florida State, etc..