Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    ^^^Win your conference and you deserve to be in the final 4.. Beat the Gophers and you're very likely in.

Meanwhile in the PAC12 shitshow..

College Football Referee Suspended 1 Game For Costly Mistake
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Yeah Gophers will crack the top 10 (I'm thinking #8 or #9) but no way top 5.
    1 LSU 9-0 2
    2 Ohio State 9-0 1
    3 Clemson 10-0 5
    4 Georgia 8-1 6
    5 Alabama 8-1 3
    6 Oregon 8-1 7
    7 Utah 8-1 8
    8 Minnesota 9-0 17
    9 Penn State 8-1 4
    10 Oklahoma 8-1 9

1 LSU 9-0 2
    2 Ohio State 9-0 1
    3 Clemson 10-0 5
    4 Georgia 8-1 6
    5 Alabama 8-1 3
    6 Oregon 8-1 7
    7 Utah 8-1 8
    8 Minnesota 9-0 17
    9 Penn State 8-1 4
    10 Oklahoma 8-1 9
    Minnesota is 7 in the coaches poll. Still lots of cannibalization to happen in the top ten with conference championship games.

How PSU lost to Minnesota who was ranked 17 at the time still remained in the top 10 is beyond me...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 11-13-2019 at 12:20 PM.

GA lost to South Carolina and stayed up. Brand name is a brand name. Both are still up there in SP+. Pretty sure Alabama, Penn State and UGA all have higher advanced states. If we’re going off record, then UGA, Penn State and Oregon should be ahead of Alabama too.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    GA lost to South Carolina and stayed up. Brand name is a brand name. Both are still up there in SP+. Pretty sure Alabama, Penn State and UGA all have higher advanced states. If we’re going off record, then UGA, Penn State and Oregon should be ahead of Alabama too.
    Oregon lost to USC, who is no better than SC or Kansas St.

EDIT, it was actually UTAH I was thinking of, not Oregon
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 11-13-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    How PSU lost to Minnesota who was ranked 17 at the time still remained in the top 10mis beyond me...

Minnesota was down at 17 because they were an undefeated team without a quality win on their record. Being a P5 school and knocking off #4 moves them up more than PSU down. If Minnesota had beaten your team would you be saying they don't belong in the top 10 or even top 5?

I completely understand Minnesotas moving up and ranking... I am just surprised PSU remained in the top 10...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's brand name, ya perennial powerhouses get benefit of doubt when losing or almost losing one game to a sketchy team. However, there is also an on paper, objective reason.. They give that benefit or doubt to these powerhouses because they have the best coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Oregon lost to USC, who is no better than SC or Kansas St.
    Oregon blew out USC. Their only loss was a neutral field loss to Auburn in week 1.

Think you all are forgetting, UGA has a very high quailty win against Florida. And a lot tougher finish than anyone west of the Miss.

Oregon? Utah? not a chance.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Oregon blew out USC. Their only loss was a neutral field loss to Auburn in week 1.
    You're right. It was Utah I was thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    This week we'll find out that *hopefully* Chase Young gets a two game suspension and is back against Penn State. If that happens, the Buckeye team will be so fucking fired up that PSU is going to lit the fuck up in OSU Stadium!!

Barring some kind of injury to Justin Fields, I think OSU is on-track to win-out and enter CFP as #1 or #2.
    HBM, you probably saw the news but Chase will be back for the PSU and Blue game... Like tou said Chase will undoubtedly be fired up and will be stoked to see him and the rest of the D.plating lights out... PSUs offense has not even come close to playing a D like this one let alone a rested Chase Young...+

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Think you all are forgetting, UGA has a very high quailty win against Florida. And a lot tougher finish than anyone west of the Miss..
    We will see how they do against that finish. If they win out they will go to the play off. Fun game this weekend will have something to say about dat.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    USC, who is no better than SC or Kansas St.
    USC: #26 in SP+
    K State: #37
    S. Carolina: #38

We will see how they do against that finish. If they win out they will go to the play off. Fun game this weekend will have something to say about dat.

USC: #26 in SP+
    K State: #37
    S. Carolina: #38
    USC #37
    Kansas State #25
    South Carolina #82 LOL!
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ports-ranking/

Tua Tagovailoa has been taken by helicopter to St. VIncent’s Medical Center in Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Tua Tagovailoa has been taken by helicopter to St. VIncent’s Medical Center in Birmingham.
    I really hope it's nothing career ending, but don't mind him missing the rest of this season.. I really want to see what he can do at the next level. Hope my current or a former home NFL team gets him.

From a “online” doctor on twitter who specializes in treating by video/photos. Hope he is wrong...

Tua Tagovailoa injury similar to Bo Jackson injury. Hip subluxation/dislocation puts femoral head at risk of losing blood supply and dying. Need to get hip back in place gently ASAP and remove pressure from joint.

Love Alabama or hate em, no body wants Tua out, or incapacitated for a lengthy amount of time. Dude is just fun to watch play. Hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    From a “online” doctor on twitter who specializes in treating by video/photos. Hope he is wrong...

Tua Tagovailoa injury similar to Bo Jackson injury. Hip subluxation/dislocation puts femoral head at risk of losing blood supply and dying. Need to get hip back in place gently ASAP and remove pressure from joint.
    Even it it's just this, his career would likely be over. I have been battling these symptoms for years. I still ski and skateboard but there are times when there are months where I'm only about 60-70%. Standing still for a long time is the worst.. Moving is better than standing still..

But, if they put him on a life flight they are definitely looking at something serious

^^Damn sorry to hear.

“Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa suffered a significant hip injury Saturday that could affect his football career.

By limited video, he rolled out to his left and was tackled while being fallen upon by two Mississippi State defenders simultaneously. His hip was flexed and adducted with reports of him screaming in pain while being taken off the field. Trainers lifted him off the ground and onto a cart, as he was unable to move. The hip remained in a fixed position, and the right thigh had the appearance of being noticeably shorter than the left due to the hip being dislocated outward.”

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...mpression=true

That really sucks. Wouldn't wish that on anybody.. Dang his future and the future of his family who moved from HI to AL is at stake here..

That does suck, I hate Alabama but as a football fan, I don't want to see that happen. Tagaviaola is indisputably an amazing player, maybe a generational talent, and CFB as a whole is hurt by his loss. Really hope that its not a career ending injury, I'm looking forward to watching that guy compete as a pro for years to come...

in other news... don't look now but Minnesota is down by 3 scores to Iowa at the half

in other news... don't look now but Minnesota is down by 3 scores to Iowa at the half

Hahaha That's perfect. Lay an egg against I Owe the World and Apology, drop back down in the polls, then makes them beating Ohio State in the BIG title game even more hilarious!

Now down to 5 minutes left in the 4th and still up by 10 points. Gophers are driving though and in the red zone.