Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It isn't at all clear to me that the players are going to be safer without football.
    im sorry, were you under the misapprehension that college football gave a fuck about the players?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    im sorry, were you under the misapprehension that college football gave a fuck about the players?
    Well, no, they've made that clear for quite some time.

Notable quotes said by my football coach.

"If it doesn't bleed it doesn't hurt".

"Are you Hurt or are you injured?" If you're hurt, walk it off, if you are injured we'll take you to the Emergency entrance of the hospital."

Does anyone think the mindset has evolved?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Does anyone think the mindset has evolved?
    It has because of the almighty $.

And, honestly, I think it has also evolved because neither kids nor their parents are willing to accept this kind of mindset anymore. I'm sure there are still coaches like this out there, but I bet they're a dying breed.

Because the stars who are paid zero are not going to risk their multi million NFL careers for the plantation.

2019 College Football thread

So is the plan for the teams to train like normal just not play any games? Wow, that's going to be so much fun...
    Yes. Bigger Stronger Faster.....and an extra year of eligibility has its benefits in the COVID world we live in now.
    Last edited by BC.; 08-11-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Uuuuh yeah - how the fuck do you think schools make money... If they were to play they would be under the microscope and tested every day... Now with no boundaries you think they will be safer... And don’t forget these young athletes who don’t come from much sign $20M signing bonuses... When a player commits to Alabama, OSU, Oklahoma or Clemson you think they are going for a college education...? But like you are saying above I am sure if these boys don’t play football they will be safer - Fing stupid...!

So Tiger is playing golf - soccer games are happening, NBA is playing and the NFL is practicing but college football is special... Oh and my bad as I sat at my buddies house and watched an NHL game...! You are correct college football players are the only ones exploited... European soccer players making $30M a year always show up on ESPN every weekend since the outbreak but college football is in the bad....!

And sorry BMills the last time Michigan won a BIG 10 championship was in 2004...! Harbaugh has not nor will he get them back there... I hope they keep him on as a coach...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Undertow; 08-11-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Yes. Bigger Stronger Faster.....and an extra year of eligibility has its benefits in the COVID world we live in now.
    I guess they can also string them along by saying they might still be able to play in the spring. But normally there are strict out of season training rules, so I guess the NCAA is going to have to waive them.

I guess they can also string them along by saying they might still be able to play in the spring. But normally there are strict out of season training rules, so I guess the NCAA is going to have to waive them.
    yes...this year lots of flexibility to off season stuff, cuz it’s all “off season” now.

Any administrator/AD/coach that just recently retired made the best decision of their lives. This is all a nightmare for the people that have to wade through this abyss of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Uuuuh yeah - how the fuck do you think schools make money... If they were to play they would be under the microscope and tested every day... Now with no boundaries you think they will be safer... And don’t forget these young athletes who don’t come from much sign $20M signing bonuses... When a player commits to Alabama, OSU, Oklahoma or Clemson you think they are going for a college education...? But like you are saying above I am sure if these boys don’t play football they will be safer - Fing stupid...!
    Oh yes, coaches are good faith guardians of player health
    https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ts/5572625002/

The whole thing is so screwed up...

ACC/SEC/Big12/AAC/Sunbelt adamant now “they” are definitely playing...and they are all the schools located in all the “hot spots” around the country where the COVID numbers are highest.....it’s so messed up.

I don’t know who’s right? I wonder if Big10/Pac12 will change their minds.....I think they thought everyone would follow....I guess not.

Some conferences/schools playing.....and other schools not? It’s really messed up. (Imagine if you were a freshman that had lots of schools to choose from....and you chose to go to Ohio St.....and not have a season...when you could of went to Georgia....and be playing)...