Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    At the risk of exciting SJG, Oklahoma’s option offense will confuse LSUs defense (which is likely the weakest unit in the top three teams). Ohio State and Clemson would both likely stomp OK into the ground though. Both teams ability to rapidly generate pressure would be something OK hasn’t seen since the first half of the Baylor game.

For the most part though I pretty much agree with the narrative of #4 getting stomped regardless of who #4 or #1 is. Utah is a more complete team than ‘16 Washington, or ‘18 Notre Dame though and more complete than UGA, oklahoma, or Baylor. Their defense can show up and likely force any team to play their way. The offense has multiple threats and can put in work. they’re likely to put up the best fight against Ohio State.

But #4 is gonna lose to #1 regardless and I don’t think it’s gonna be particularly close.

Full faith in the LSU fan base traveling to ATL this weekend. This isn’t the PAC 12 where the championship is played Friday night in Santa Clara a thousand miles from the schools. It’s a 6 hour drive from New Orleans and played on Saturday. Plus like every other SEC fan base, LSU football is the only thing LSU fans have going on in their lives. Ute fans will be giving up work and skiing to go to their championship.
    Could not agree with you more... LSUs team so reminds me of the Bucks last year - incredible offense that could put points up all day long but needed to because the D was mediocre at best... Joe Burrows has a super hot hand right now and no doubt is in the lead to win the Heisman... Just shows you how deep the Bucks quarterback depth chart was/is as we let him transfer... However, no way has he had to go up against a D like ours and the pressure they bring...

For some reason I really hope we get to play the Utes... I do believe it would be a fun and interesting matchup... However, we still have to win our next game and no point looking past that one... As I said on any given Sat... The Bucks have played lights out and really have not had any letup - just kind of waiting for it...

Regardless, bummed the season is almost over and truly believe this years bowl series will be some of the best matchups in a long time..

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 12-03-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Pains me to say it, but I fear OSU would roll anyone in the country, with the possible exception of LSU. The Utes wouldn't stand a chance. So tough to defend when Fields is healthy, and the D is almost as good. Nonetheless, go Badgers! (My mind says OSU on Saturday by three tudies).

Fortunately/unfortunately I will be at a concert tonight when OR and the Utes are playing - all I have is go Utah...!

J.D., Oregon 1986, so I gotta root for the Ducks, although I will not be disappointed if the Utes win cuz I want to see a Pac 12 team in the CFP

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    J.D., Oregon 1986, so I gotta root for the Ducks, although I will not be disappointed if the Utes win cuz I want to see a Pac 12 team in the CFP
    Oklahoma 1986. I also pull for my conference when all else fails. I'm fine with Utah getting the shot if they look better than us or Baylor this weekend. Always cool to see someone new doing well who hasn't won it all before.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Oklahoma 1986. I also pull for my conference when all else fails. I'm fine with Utah getting the shot if they look better than us or Baylor this weekend. Always cool to see someone new doing well who hasn't won it all before.
    I'm pulling for Utes tonight and LSU tomorrow because (1) it will be interesting to see someone "new" in the mix, and (2) I don't want to drown in Utard butthurt on TGR in the event the Utes win but don't get in.

Not College Football related but the Cowboys are in talks with Urban Meyer... We all knew he would go back, but if he thought coaching at the College level was stressful (which he contributed his severe headaches to) I cant imagine working for Jerry Jones would be less stressful...!

In fairness, the Utes have been top 5 twice since 2004, and top 25 most years since 2000. A lot of the “who are these people” comes from people who never look at any teams not in the SEC or from TX/OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    In fairness, the Utes have been top 5 twice since 2004, and top 25 most years since 2000. A lot of the “who are these people” comes from people who never look at any teams not in the SEC or from TX/OK.
    I'm talking about playing for the national championship as in... "hasn't won it all before". They are, indeed, new in that regard and deserve the shot if they finish better than the others who end up 12-1

I'm talking about playing for the national championship as in... "hasn't won it all before". They are, indeed, new in that regard and deserve the shot if they finish better than the others who end up 12-1
    SJG, so is Oklahoma... It has been 19 yrs since your last NC and dont think this year or next are in the cards for your alma mater...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'm pulling for Utes tonight and LSU tomorrow because (1) it will be interesting to see someone "new" in the mix, and (2) I don't want to drown in Utard butthurt on TGR in the event the Utes win but don't get in.
    Haha. I will bring the butthurt full force if it happens just for you. Though it’ll be hard to be too upset about a Rose Bowl game. But first things first, they need to play well tonight. Not gonna lie, this one has me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    SJG, so is Oklahoma... It has been 19 yrs since your last NC and dont think this year or next are in the cards for your alma mater...

Oklahoma played for the national championship in 2005, 2009, and final four three of the last four years. I'd not call that "new" compared to Utah.. I'd just call that good, but not good enough ..

Oregon is taking it to the Utes so far, if they want any chance at the BCS spot, then Utah needs to make some big adjustments and get some Offense going.

Welp, not going to matter at this rate PAC-12 shooting itself in the foot once again.

If this PAC 12 Championship keeps going like this the PAC 12 will be on the outs again. I'm all for Georgia, Baylor, or Oklahoma being the #4 team in. Preferably Georgia but I'm one of the SEC lovers since I'm originally from SEC country and graduated from an SEC school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oklahoma played for the national championship in 2005, 2009, and final four three of the last four years. I'd not call that "new" compared to Utah.. I'd just call that good, but not good enough ..
    Hey Dbag - what I said is your alma mater has not won a National Championship since 2000... Last time I checked my math as an Ohio State graduate that is 19 yrs ago...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Christ what a shitty half. Hopefully the Utes can pull it together and at least look a little more respectable. Can’t really see them pulling out a win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Hey Dbag - what I said is your alma mater has not won a National Championship since 2000... Last time I checked my math as an Ohio State graduate that is 19 yrs ago...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Hey dipshit. I said Utah was new to the national championship consideration. You said so is Oklahoma. I beg to differ. My Masters from Texas computes there..

Ducks were quite obviously the better team first half. My thinking has shifted. Even if the Utes pull a win out of their asses, they do not belong in the CFP.

Ducks were quite obviously the better team first half. My thinking has shifted. Even if the Utes pull a win out of their asses, they do not belong in the CFP.
    Not that it will happen, but the Dicks are a top ten caliber team, so if they came way back that would speak a lot about who they are as a team IMO.

Looking more like they will play their worst game of the season on the worst possible day.

Looking more like they will play their worst game of the season on the worst possible day.
    Occam's Razor: Maybe they just aren't that good. This is their first game against a ranked team this season.

Dicks? Fighting words, boy. Best o' luck to your Uteri

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Christ what a shitty half. Hopefully the Utes can pull it together and at least look a little more respectable. Can’t really see them pulling out a win though.
    It's disappointing for sure. I'd rather lose this weekend and play an easier bowl than barely win and get slaughtered in the playoff. Honestly though, staying top ten and going to good bowl games while running a clean program is pretty cool.

This is their first game against a ranked team this season.
    That’s not true. They beat AZ State when they were both ranked in the teens. I think there was one more in there too

It's disappointing for sure. I'd rather lose this weekend and play an easier bowl than barely win and get slaughtered in the playoff.
    This is something I can’t understand and I’m guessing you never competed at a high level? I’d rather get blown out playing for a chance to win it all than win in the fucking Alamo Bowl.

That’s not true. They beat AZ State. . .
    which finished 4-5