Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Cutcliff's an excellent coach but DOOK's football cheer is still.. "just wait til basketball season". It's tough to find people who get a 1500 SAT score who are also really good football players.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 08-28-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Bama lost its all american starting MLB Dylan Moses to an ACL. QB of the defense, makes all the calls, already starting a late arriving true freshman beside him. ZERO depth. Catastrophic loss
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Game day tomorrow in Utah. Lotta hype for the Utes this year makes me nervous, but I think they’ll handle business tomorrow. My 8 year old has never had to live through the indignity of losing to byu, so here’s to another 365.

My daughter started at the U last week, pretty much obligated to be a fan now. Fuck BYU.

I'll be following Utah State all year. Great returning QB.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    It’s game week!

Game of the week is Oregon vs Auburn. I think AU wins but the Ducks have a really good QB and an elite OL. AU has a really good frosh QB and an Elite DL.

Gimme AU 27-20
    Heading to Dallas tomorrow for the game. Casually mentioned to my gf's dad I'm a ducks fan and that it would be fun to see a game in jerryworld. Sends us 4 tix, 50 yd line, row 6. Although he didn't send a jet this time
    Any mags gonna be at the game?
    GO DUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Heading to Dallas tomorrow for the game. Casually mentioned to my gf's dad I'm a ducks fan and that it would be fun to see a game in jerryworld. Sends us 4 tix, 50 yd line, row 6. Although he didn't send a jet this time
    Any mags gonna be at the game?
    GO DUCKS!
    Always nice to have a VIP tickets connection. Had one for the OU Texas games all through the 90s. Always fun to walk up and ask the usher "which one is row one?" And ya, they were right on the 50. We sat right on the line TX/OU line. I did have to pay for them though.. $25 each in the early 90s, like $40 face value in 98, the last year I went..

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Bama... ZERO depth.
    It’s a big loss, but this is hilarious. How many four and five star recruits are there behind him? Bama has depth for days.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    It’s a big loss, but this is hilarious. How many four and five star recruits are there behind him? Bama has depth for days.
    My heart bleeds for them, really.
    I still call it The Jake.

Would be totally worth it to see Alabummer choke against DOOK. I live a mile from Wallace Wade Stadium and the Dookies are horrible during basketball season but rightfully humble during football season. We've been to a LOT of DOOK football games, mostly because they support scouting and tickets are dirt cheap and easy to get. They always gave the scout kids field passes and let them down on the field full access before kickoff. Even the UNC fans would dig an upset of that magnitude.

i believe they are 40% pro level

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i believe they are 40% pro level
    Can they still beat the Browns?

Fuck. Utes needed that pick.

Actually, due to early departures, several recruiting misses, and guys not developing (due to massive staff turnover) there isn’t any depth. You don’t replace an All American with an 18 year old and not feel it, no matter how good he may or may not be. The other starter at ILB was a 5th year senior and he tore his knee as well so another 18 year old who played WR and CB is high school is starting in his spot. Only 2 guys left behind them....one a junior who was a late take for depth several years ago and the other a sophomore who isn’t close to ready.

Stars don’t equal experience, not at Bama or anywhere else.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Take that chip Kelly !

always liked cinci and they have one of the best placed stadiums in the country imo, it's right in the middle of campus, so everyone walks thru campus to get to it.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Take that chip Kelly !
    Entirely expected opener for the Bruins.

The OU game in 2 weeks has all the makings of a 3 hour horror show. San Diego State isn't going to give you much prep for that.

Rodney Anderson gave up a final year of eligibility at OU to enter the draft. He had already redshirted twice due to two ACL surgeries. Last night he tore an ACL again. At least he got a paycheck. Made the right call to go pro regardless. And, he did already earn his degree so hopefully he'll be OK doing something off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Entirely expected opener for the Bruins.

The OU game in 2 weeks has all the makings of a 3 hour horror show. San Diego State isn't going to give you much prep for that.

yes, was in lake Tahoe last weekend with the old folks at the steve miller band concert and saw the line on the UH-OU game, OU by 24 and 1/2, looks like it could be real ugly.

OU related, would not be surprised if Jalen hurts is on a mission next year to make it to the playoffs and try and beat Alabama; UH and everyone else may just be in the way.

T-minus 5 hours

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

GO ARMY!

2019 College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Take that chip Kelly !

always liked cinci and they have one of the best placed stadiums in the country imo, it's right in the middle of campus, so everyone walks thru campus to get to it.
    Kid from our HS is a new freshman running cross country and track at Cincy....he said one of his deciding factors for going there was athletic facilities....and the money they have put into them. (that shit goes a long way into bringing kids to a school)

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Kid from our HS is a new freshman running cross country and track at Cincy....he said one of his deciding factors for going there was athletic facilities....and the money they have put into them. (that shit goes a long way into bringing kids to a school)
    that stuff always amazes me at how much a difference it makes, but it does.

south florida looked bad tonight, but they came from no where 10 years ago primamrialy because they dumped millions into facilities to become top dog at the tail end of big east football.

Sko Buffs. D needs to wake up.

Yeeeees....

GAMEDAY!!!!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL