Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

2019 College Football thread

I’m so fired up for the season! I think the Huskers are going to be much better this year. Looking forward to the away game in Boulder on 9.7.

Martinez on the Heismsm watch list per Vegas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3818.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	289933
    Last edited by wolfelot; 08-01-2019 at 08:51 PM.

The names atop college football's hierarchy rarely change. Five programs, after all -- Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Oregon -- have accounted for 25 of 45 AP top-five finishes this decade and 15 of 20 College Football Playoff bids.

The teams that will break through and bounce back in 2019 https://es.pn/33BiCwl
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    The names atop college football's hierarchy rarely change. Five programs, after all -- Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Oregon -- have accounted for 25 of 45 AP top-five finishes this decade and 15 of 20 College Football Playoff bids.
    Wonder why.
    I am here to bet a lot of money a team currently ranked outside the top 20 does not win the national championship, no matter how many they win.

Pre season polls are part of whats wrong with college football.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post

The teams that will break through and bounce back in 2019 https://es.pn/33BiCwl
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
    Oregon? Really? I'd have thought Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and a couple others would be way higher in the number of weeks ranked top 5 than Oregon is all time, or even just the past 20 years. Heck, even in their own conference USC probably comes in ahead of them for any meaningful ranking stat.. Clemson is also questionable, Sure, past 5 years pretty damned good, Past 20 years before Venerables took over their defense they didn't do jack shit.,
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Oregon? Really? I'd have thought Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and a couple others would be way higher in the number of weeks ranked top 5 than Oregon is all time, or even just the past 20 years. Heck, even in their own conference USC probably comes in ahead of them for any meaningful ranking stat.. Clemson is also questionable, Sure, past 5 years pretty damned good, Past 20 years before Venerables took over their defense they didn't do jack shit.,
    i'm sure you'll share a lot of thoughts this season too

Completely agree... I would have never thought of Oregon being in the top for power programs... And also agree about Clemson - they were pretty lack luster until Dabo came into the picture... At least that is what I thought...

And I am sure with Oregon having a decent team this year after several years of sucking I am sure we will see more Duck fans jumping back on the band wagon... So ready for the season to start and all the trash talking to start on this board...

O H bitches...!

Just a proud graduate from THE Ohio State University...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

oregon will have a decent team, right up until Auburn beats the shit outta them.

SSSSSEEEEEEECCCCCC
    "Can't you see..."

Lol. Oregon fans can just get used to finishing third or fourth in the north when they realize their under-performing quarterback is still only producing mid tier production... But maybe their improved defense will help them finally beat WSU... nah, they'll still lay an egg.
    Clay Helton will be fired after USC start the season 1-5... But USC doesn't hire they guy everyone thinks they will, and USC fans continue to pull their hair out, and watch Utah play Washington for the PAC 12 championship in an empty stadium on a friday in a dumb business park while champagne larry spends the whole game watching a swim and dive meat on the TV in his fancy box.

Mizzu finishes second in the SEC East, not Florida; their schedule is set for them to make an impressive run.
    Nebraska's not back, neither is Texas. Florida State isn't quite as bad, but still bad. The ACC overall however, is still so terrible Georgia Tech actually wins a conference game or two.
    B1G fans will get to empathize with PAC12 fans as they watch their conference tear itself to bits with an eventual three loss champion which won't be Michigan because Michigan.

UGA wins the SEC, but this time Bama doesn't make they play off; Jalen Hurts does. An undefeated Fresno State, Army or UCF is discussed for the play off but none make it. Clemson wins everything again, but maybe not undefeated.

fax are pesky things

B1G is good at eating it’s young.

UGA is my pick out of the EsssEeeeCeeee. Sorry Marshall.

Tech will still give UGA a scare.

Cincinnati will give THE Ohio State Intellectual Property Football Department a big scare.

My Blue will disappoint. Because apparently that’s what they do anymore. I don’t even recognize the days of Bo and Lloyd.

I will light fires in the pit and enjoy some MACtion on cool fall Wednesday nights, despite not giving a rip about who’s playing.

I will enjoy an EssssEeeeeeSeeeee tailgate or four. And be completely impressed with the talent.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

UGA wins the SEC, but this time Bama doesn't make they play off; Jalen Hurts does.
    The jury's still out on Big 12-2 defense, especially my Sooners' defense. Until they can shut out a quality opponent they're still only top 4 at best. But ya, the days of not winning your conference but still making the final 4 playoff are probably finally over..

If one were to look at the behavior of cattle, they would realize horns up means a fatty just had a big bite of grass and that cow is happy chewing its cud and looking around. Horns down means the bull is ready to fight and kick some ass. I really don’t care about the schools involved with the hand gestures controversy but it seems a football team should be ready to go for blows horns down. Is it taunting? Might be if taunting means you have some athletes saying we’re ready to fuck you up. Too bad the Longhorns don’t want to accept a challenge.

Let’s throw out a scenario. UO scores a TD. RB throws horns down. Ref throws a flag for taunting. Herman throws a challenge flag to forfeit the 15 yards because that’s how animals work. Goes on to say to the offending RB, challenge accepted. An epic college football battle ensues.

Nah, we’ve nerfed everything down to one of the last bastions of awesome which is college football.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    UGA is my pick.
    Dude. Do you have ANY idea. how much life will suck in this city if UGA wins? you think Alabama fans are bad. I was here 8 years after Hershel when UGA sucked and EVERY party i went to would break out the 80 highlight VHS tape. I had it memorized.
    "Can't you see..."

PAC 12 will continue to be it's own worst enemy, and continue its utter embarrassment in the bowl season.

Taking it day by day, but I am hoping that The Canes take it to the gators next week.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

NEXT Saturday there are a few games to get things going. Yes!

This guy knows how to beat Georgia

This guy knows how to beat Georgia

Very curious to see what happens with him this year. OK seems to have a confirmed track record with QBs coming in and being successful.

AP poll out today. Did they get it right?

https://collegefootball.ap.org/aggiesports/poll

Georgia vs Notre Dame could be a pivotal game. If Georgia crushes the Irish (as I expect) then things play out as expected. If Notre Dame beats Georgia then all bets are off. I think Iowa State will be the dark horse this season.. might even beat Oklahoma.

I'd move Florida, Oregon, and Michigan State down; put LSU over Ohio State, move Utah up; drop Nebraska and Stanford off the list; add Mizzu and Army; and maybe swap Fresno State for Syracuse.

Utah is my dark horse. Pretty easy schedule, not hard to see them going 11-1 into the PAC12 championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Dude. Do you have ANY idea. how much life will suck in this city if UGA wins? you think Alabama fans are bad. I was here 8 years after Hershel when UGA sucked and EVERY party i went to would break out the 80 highlight VHS tape. I had it memorized.
    Lol.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty bad a couple years ago when they went to the championship game.

Can’t be any worse than Buckeye fans though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can’t be any worse than Buckeye fans:
    Trivia question. what is the series record between the mighty buckeyes and the gamecocks?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Trivia question. what is the series record between the mighty buckeyes and the gamecocks?
    Without looking anything up I'm guessing they've only played a handful of times and it's likely in SC's favor. Maybe a few Outback Bowl losses (Everyone in the B1G sucks against the SEC in Bowls except Michigan)?

Neyland sells alcohol now. So that's awesome.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.