Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    It’s not just West Coast recruits heading east. The South East is producing more and bigger kids than before. Even if the PAC can lock down California, and really eat into Texas (which they should), the SEC will still be able to out recruit based on local talent alone

Champagne Larry needs to go. Unfortunately he appears to have the University Presidents all in line. PAC-12 Network remains a joke. People who can watch it are generally pretty bored with swim and dive or gymnastics reruns. Thank gawd the conference championship game got moved to Vegas from Santa Clara. Unfortunately it will still probably be on a Friday, keeping fans from getting to it. Scheduling is still stupid (Cal gets a Friday night game after traveling across the country, and somehow they let three teams schedule both Hawai’i and BYU in the same season...?). Let’s keep paying him to do less and keep an incredibly expensive office in San Francisco.

Alabama is a 1 dimensional mess of a team. That 1 dimensional is amazing but good teams will score at will and limit TUA. I still think they lose to Aggie in 2 weeks then to LSU and Auburn.

Best teams I’ve seen are Ohio St, OU, UGA, LSU, Auburn, ND, CLemson, Alabama
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

For a minute I thought today was going to be another game where the Sooners get up 2 or three scores then trade scores for the other 2 quarters giving up 30 plus points to a mediocre team. Couple breaks, penalty, and replay overturn helped OUr D keep things under control for FOUR quarters! Pretty happy with the improvement in D. Still not a championship level D but getting there.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

@concretejungle - I graduated from the Ohio state university... We went into Camp Randall and destroyed them... We have a team on our hands...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 09-29-2019 at 11:34 AM.

The Utes up 21-13 at the half in a must win game for both programs.

It would have been fun to see that UNC option play for the 2 work earlier today against Clemson. Will be interesting to see if Clemson stays at the top.

Utes very much needed that win to stay in the hunt for the PAC12 championship. I was able to finagle some up close seats for the boy and me. Fun place to watch a game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8239.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	295704

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Utes very much needed that win to stay in the hunt for the PAC12 championship. I was able to finagle some up close seats for the boy and me. Fun place to watch a game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8239.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	295704
    Nice.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

^^^Cool! We used to get field passes for the kids on Scout Day at the DOOK games every year back in the cub scout days.

SEC has 5 of the top 10.
    19th time?
    Hey undertow, hows the big 10 lookin?

and don't go all mental, SEC won't have 5 at the end. 4, but not 5.

-Damn the Iron bowl will be a game this year.
    "Can't you see..."

MT, no doubt the SEC is the best conference... The top 10 to me is absolutely stacked... Auburn looks great and am looking forward to see how Wisconsin continues to play... Alabama is playing well, but this years team just doesn't seem to have that normal edge they do... And Clemson was lucky to escape with a win over NC...

The Bucks to me are playing lights out, but at any given weekend against any given team can lose (ie Purdue last year)... Still lots of ball to play and some great games to watch...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

In defiance of the NCAA, California passed a law allowing college athletes to hire agents and make money from endorsements.

Looks like the Clemson Tigers lost 3-4 of their 9 lives Saturday in Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    SEC has 5 of the top 10.
    19th time?
    Hey undertow, hows the big 10 lookin?

and don't go all mental, SEC won't have 5 at the end. 4, but not 5.

-Damn the Iron bowl will be a game this year.
    Top 4 of the SEC might be the best four teams in the country, defiantly should make up 4 of the top 8. UGA, Auburn and LSU have all proven themselves so far this year. Despite a lack of any opponents Alabama isn’t giving anyone a reason to doubt them yet. Bottom falls out pretty quick after those top four (My guess is A&M and Florida finish unranked at 7-5 and 8-4 respectively; prove me wrong this weekend!) Overall the SEC is 6-6 against P5 teams (include BYU, ND), however the rest of the field (not Auburn, Alabama, UGA or LSU) is 2-6.

In the Big 10 both Wisconsin and Ohio State are playing top 10 ball and Penn State and Iowa are also playing top 15.
    Last edited by XavierD; 09-30-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In defiance of the NCAA, California passed a law allowing college athletes to hire agents and make money from endorsements.
    What's the word on this out in ESPN land and other outlets? Will this fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's the word on this out in ESPN land and other outlets? Will this fly?
    They’re going to have to. It’s California; and overall public sentiment is shifting against the NCAA on this.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    They’re going to have to. It’s California; and overall public sentiment is shifting against the NCAA on this.
    I will be curious to see how this moves the needle when it comes to compensation and all the other 40+ non-revenue generating college sports out there, especially when taken into account with Title IX requirements.

Will it become a landscape where only Power 5 football and basketball (likely only men's) get their slice of the revenue pie, or will the government (state or federal) have to step in to make sure that its "fair" to all college athletes?
    I still call it The Jake.

It's the athletes getting a share of the money the schools currently get, so it'll rejigger things but as a recent scandal showed ... minor athletics are a way for your school to make donation $$$.

I don't think D1 college football is economically sustainable beyond 60 teams, maybe 48 or 36. Contraction is coming, so all those c-grade coors light drinking OFL/strength/brohandjob coaches better get ready to sell SUVs.

Ahem... crossovers
    I still call it The Jake.

Coaches are saying it's going to cause dissonance among teams when some players are making bank while others aren't getting any money. It's a whole different level than some getting scholarships and some not.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And replace him with who?
    Excepting Spurrier this is what we've said for 50+ years.

THE USC!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Coaches are saying it's going to cause dissonance among teams when some players are making bank while others aren't getting any money. It's a whole different level than some getting scholarships and some not.
    Oh, like the pros, or, society in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Certain players/families are already getting paid more than others, it’s just under the table.

Mark Cuban raises a good point. Does this mean they can now fire you?

Say you have a scholarship but have not performed and are now riding the bench.

Can’t believe Newsom went on Lebrons show to sign that. What an ass.

Just California’s bid to attract more talented players.

roster cuts are not news.